[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does everyone here have an iPod, or is there another mp3 player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
Does everyone here have an iPod, or is there another mp3 player as good as the iPod? Also, how many gigabytes should I get, 64 or 128?
>>
>>64269887
I got me a 120gb iPod classic from the good ol days. I miss 2007 so much.
>>
File: 1461275235799.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461275235799.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>playing lossy formats

I use poweramp on android
>>
>>64269887
After my iPod died I bought a Sansa Clip+ and a 64gb card and installed rockbox, works for me
>>
>>64269987
I agree with this post except for the stupid meme picture and greentext
>>
I use an old smartphone for basic WiFi camera and nusic . before that I used a zune (probably one of the last zune users in 2014). I only switched because it finally died. It was a first gen too.
>>
>>64269887
whos this bitch with the oily face and fuckable titties?
>>
>>64269887

My iPod classic 120 gb I got in 2007 died last year after a pretty good run. Luckily my dad found exactly the same model lying on the ground in the middle of the footpath and gave it to me, so lucky since they're worth hundreds now.
>>
>>64270427
Charli "oily ass face but dat bod tho" XCX
>>
The clickwheel interface on the classic iPod was the greatest of all time. It was perfect for searching large libraries, and it worked perfectly with the large capacity of the last model. Apple sucks ass for many reasons, but discontinuing the iPod tops my list.
>>
>>64269887
when can you even get an ipod """classic""" not at 300% mark up?
>>
>>64270687
where*
>>
>>64270687
if it's at 300% most places then that's its current price, duh
>>
why the fuck did they cancel the clickwheel ipod classic, shit was absolutely perfect. fucking assholes.

if my ipod breaks i'm going to have to go searching for something else which will be stressful. somebody give me an alternative.
>>
>>64270736

They discontinued it because it was perfect. There is no reason to upgrade to another product and they never break, so that's sales Apple is losing out on.

iPod touch is terrible, I bought the 2012 model (the latest at the time) and they force an install of ios8 onto it despite the thing not having the specs to run it. It was basically bricked out of the box and its done deliberately so everyone has to upgrade to a newer model every 2-3 years. Fuck Apple.
>>
File: 61ZYmKvc9wL._SL1118_.jpg (82 KB, 1118x1080) Image search: [Google]
61ZYmKvc9wL._SL1118_.jpg
82 KB, 1118x1080
fiio x1 is the only alternative unless you wanna get jewed
>>
>>64270736
>why the fuck did they cancel the clickwheel ipod classic

It doesn't run iOS, they can't push their music subscription service on you. As Apple would say, "What? Are you poor?"
>>
>>64270736
because it takes longer to become obsolete. Reliability is not how businesses keep selling products, why do you think iPhones crap out when the software gets updated?
>>
>>64270079
This.

btw anon, do you use rockbox's scrobbling support? Just wondering because the scrobbler logs haven't been working for the past month and idk what's up. Was hoping to chat with someone else who uses it and may be experiencing the same issue.
>>
do apple have some sort of patent on the clickwheel? if so that sucks
>>
>>64269887
I want to titfuck her
>>
still got my 120GB iPod classic, if only the fucks at apple allowed the iTunes to play FLAC :/
>>
>>64270879
Apparently, the clickwheel concept is patented by a Japanese inventor (who sued in 2007 and got paid a $3.3M royalty a few years ago); but the technology used in the implementation is patented by them. Basically, it's all locked up for now; and yes, that sucks.
>>
>>64270945
>the iTunes
lol my bad
>>
>>64270945
> if only the fucks at apple allowed the iTunes to play FLAC :/

Yeah I know, but they do allow other Lossless formats such as AIFF, WAV, and Apple lossless
>>
i have a 160gb ipod classic but the hard drive on it is fucked so i cant connect it to itunes and certain files on it dont work when i try to play it so that's shitty. At the moment i use poweramp on android for new releases and my ipod for anything pre-2016
>>
>>64270833
i've been looking at getting an x5, it's got two microSD slots so with 128gb cards there's a potential for 256gb storage
>>
>>64269887
http://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nwz-a17

that's what I got. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it. it blows any Ipod out the fucking water.
>>
File: 1460905741639s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460905741639s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
HOLY SEMEN DEMON BATMAN!!!!!
>>
get a minidisc player
>>
I'm on my third 160gb iPod classic because I don't take care of my shit and dropped the other two until they both died a slow death. Luckily Apple's been REALLY chill with the out-of-warranty replacements.

If this one breaks then I'll probably have to buy one full price.
>>
>>64271590
That sounds fantastic. My 16gb Samsung phone & 128gb card are full and I've been backing up and deleting things constantly to make room for new stuff. Not using flac or anything either.
OP, whatever you get make sure it has lots of room if you plan on listening to a lot of different music.
>>
>>64271590
>>64272221
I love my X5. It has a couple problems, but I'm fine with them. The wheel isn't as good as the old iPod wheels and sometimes doesn't land on exactly the song you want. I have 95gb of music on the single 128gb card I have in it and it makes it run like 20% slower. These are easy to deal with in my opinion, but I don't know what everyone would think.
>>
>>
Still have my HD 16gb Zune. Still works, but it's slowing down.
>Thanks for the other recommendations.
>>
My 160 gb classic is fucked up for the third time and to repair it I would need to buy it's motherboard for 100$. Is there any cheaper alternatives? Preferably over 100gb?
>>
>>64272656
that you zunechan?
>>
>>64272718
No, just other dude with a zune.
>>
>>64270833
Agreed, this is the only good option for a player, anything else is shit
>>
>>64270427
Charlie Brown Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>64273190
hahaha
That was a good one. You should get a tripcode, so everytime I see you, I smile and say "That chap made me laugh on this miserable hot Friday night"
>>
>>64269887
>>64272627
I want to do unspeakable things to this human female
>>
i dont really need an ipod anymore. back in the day, liekd it cause wow fits a shit ton of music. live in nyc, rode the subway, long trecks here and there.
currently a west coast country fag, just use it to play misc shit in the car. even when i travel (work in italy, france) i bring my computer, drop shit on my phone....dont need it anymore, except in the car.....i suppose anything would really do . . . screen is starting to crap out anyway....
>>
>>64273219
what are you wearing, bb?
>>
>>64273290
Grey sweatpants
>>
>>64273268
>indians
>human
>>
i still use my phone as my main media player...32 gb iphone 4s.
>>
>>64273403
haha yeah
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.