[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there almost no good obese artists even though we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: OECD-Health-Data-20112.png (32 KB, 560x264) Image search: [Google]
OECD-Health-Data-20112.png
32 KB, 560x264
Why are there almost no good obese artists even though we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic? Does obesity stifle creativity?
>>
I expect quite a few of the songwriters and producers of mainstream pop are obese, but obese performers don't sell well and music is usually more about image than sound.
>>
>>64259593
Musicians probably have more time to work out than people with full-time jobs.

As someone who used to be 80 pounds heavier, I will say that I did feel a lot less motivated to do anything creative.
>>
File: DanielJohnston8.jpg (24 KB, 448x323) Image search: [Google]
DanielJohnston8.jpg
24 KB, 448x323
>>64259593
>>
>>64259593
It's sizeism. It's destroying fat people's lives. It's terrorism to abuse people in the street over their weight. No wonder there's so much mental illness around.
>>
Being fat does stifle creativity, your body and mind just don't work as well.
>>
>>64259593
obesity correlates with laziness

lazy people are unlikely to have successful music careers since musicians have to be determined and hardworking in the face of absurd odds of success
>>
>>64260093
Disgusting fat body detected, get your shit together.
>>
well to keep bread on the table you gotta tour and if ur a 300 pound gorilla then there's no way ur gonna have the energy to do shows 3-4 days in a row, there are exceptions like action bronson but he cancels a tour here and there and dude could have a heart attack any day.

there's also the cutoff where if u go too fit ur art starts to lack, kenny put on some kilos for tpab and that turned out well, drake's got that dad body and he's about to drop the hottest album, kanye has been dad bodying since heartless was topping the charts and now more than ever and that shit is heat, kid cudi was a lil fat during his early days but he started working out and look what happened, u kno, also kanye real dad bod now like man boobs, and that's why tlop was partially a mess,
>>
>>64260220
how
>>64260237
this is fair
>>
>>64260248
More terrorism. One day you'll be tortured for your beliefs.
>>
What does OECD mean?
>>
File: 606949354428_500W_500H.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
606949354428_500W_500H.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>64260449
the best hip hop album of the 2000's was dropped by a /fit/ guy though, so your point is moot
>>
>>64260597
but that's ringtone rap era, 50 just threw the parties, it was dad bod dre on the beat
>>
>>64260682
>but that's ringtone rap era

t. white 'person'

no, it wasn't the ringtone era, the ringtone era was from 2005/2006-2009
>>
>>64260479
First of all you don't have anywhere near the same amount of energy.
>>
>>64260755
I'm interested to know what you mean by mental though, because that's physical
>>
>>64260779
Physical and mental energy aren't really separate. The same fuel fuels everything. You're making way less ATP if you're fat and lazy than someone who takes care of themselves and works out regularly, bottom line. I've been fat dude, it's miserable and sad.
>>
>>64260584
Overweight Edgy Computer Dorks
>>
>>64259593
Making it in the music industry requires a lot of drive and determination. If you can't be bothered to stop being a disgusting fat fucking slob, you probably aren't going to have what it takes to make it as an artist either.
>>
>>64259864
>"""""good"""" artist
>>
check out the Oh Hellos. Their Tiny Desk concert is especially great, albeit safe since it fits into the neo-folk pop culture that's been created by bands like Mumford and Sons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvCEWWWt7Q
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.