[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP ME COSMIA I'M GRIEEEEVING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 1374330772_Ys joanna_newsom_.png (460 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1374330772_Ys joanna_newsom_.png
460 KB, 500x500
HELP ME COSMIA I'M GRIEEEEVING
>>
AND ALL THOSE LONELY NIGHTS, DOWN BY THE RIIIIIVERRRRRR
>>
I was just listening to this today actually. Sent my mom the Cosmia and told her to pay attention to the lyrics. She said she cried at the line "call me when you get there." How does it feel that we're witnessing the greatest artist of the 21st century?
>>
Just realized she's holding a Cosmia moth lol I'm an idiot
>>
AND MISS

AND MISS

I MISS YOUR HEART
>>
>>64246223
BROUGHT ME BREAD AND WATER

Joanna has such a bread motif in her songs it makes me wanna chow down on a picnic of bread in some sunny ass meadow.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (235 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
235 KB, 450x600
>>64246293
feels good man

post favorite jonew song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YHQgSd9fzk
>>
>>64246365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAnQc-mRaRg
>>
>>64246365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAnQc-mRaRg
>>
>>64246472
>>64246479
Waltzmind
>>
Tfw Ys got better each time I listened, and once I fully appreciated Only Skin it was an obvious 10
>>
>>64246732
>tfw i had to force myself to stop listening to joanna

i wish i could listen to ys for the first time again
>>
just picked ys up on vinyl the other day and had no idea it was like a fucking storybook. So fucking sick, cant wait to read along
>>
>tfw saw Joanna live, I ask her how Andy is doing, and then she jokingly tells me to mind my own business. Then drunk people in the audience keep pestering her about it and I feel bad because I genuinely wanted to know.
Anyway, cosmia didn't click for me until I saw her live
>>
>>64246365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Mj3wKU-wg
>>
File: 1384456318885.png (149 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1384456318885.png
149 KB, 250x250
>about to see her live
>hoping desperately that she plays Baby Birch as the encore
>Go Long would be great too
>she's been playing them for each show so far so I'm hopeful
>end of show
>Joanna comes back
>sits down at harp
>I hold my breath and listen for "This is the song..."
>she mentions that this next song was requested by a lady from the night before
>what
>begins to play Sawdust & Diamonds, my least favourite from Ys
>mfw

Same thing happened with Sufjan. Still a great performance though. She forgot the lyrics at one point and a bunch of people shouted out to help her.
>>
Joanna defies all logic. Her music occupies its own time and space.
>>
>>64247726
SAWDUST AND DIAMONDS IN HER BEST SONG YOU FUCKING NERD

YOU DON'T DESERVE LIFE
>>
I've been listening to her first two albums + her EPs nonstop lately.
I think Cosmia is my favorite song so far. It's so fucking good.
But I wish the album version were long as the Joanna Newsom & The Ys Street Band EP version.

Still haven't listened to HOOM (nor Divers) because I haven't got the time (I want to listen to the first one in one sit) but I'm really excited to do so.

I might as well do it right now.
>>
>>64247726
>forgot the lyrics at one point and a bunch of people shouted out to help her
This apparently happens at every one of her shows, I must have heard this nearly every time someone brings up seeing her at a show. It's only fair to be sympathetic considering how complex more of her songs are lyrically.
>>
>>64247726
Saw her about a month ago. She played baby Birch as an encore. No Go Long tho :(

But her live version of Peach, Plum, Pear is just great.
>>
>>64247726
how the fuck is Sawdust your least favorite Ys song? That's my all-time favorite song so I'm obviously biased but that song climaxes like no other.

"AND OUR BODIES RECOIL FROM THE GRIP OF THE SOIL, WHY THE LONG FACE?"

Guess it speaks to how strong her catalogue is that people can have such differing opinions
>>
>>64247781
HOOM is my favorite Newsom album, it's a fucking masterpiece even though I love Ys. Have fun mate, it's one of the few triple albums I've heard that doesn't begin to thin in quality midway.
>>
HOOM is a perfect album. The only 10 I'd ever give. Crazy that she created 18 essential songs that capture love and loss so eloquently.
>>
>>64247805
I simply don't find it as interesting as the others on Ys.

>>64247771
Calm down, sperg, I still like it.
>>
>>64247805
I feel ya. It actually WAS my favorite, but Cosmia has kind of replaced it.
>>
>>64246087
I cried when I saw her do that song live
>>
So Jo is 34 and generally has taken longer and longer breaks between releases. How many great albums does she have left? I'm going to guess 2 more
>>
How do I get a Joanna mommy gf?
>>
>>64247726
OOOOOOOOOOH DESIRE
>>
>>64249063
i could see her continuing to put out good work even at 50. if she has kids that will probably slow her down or stop her though
>>
she got a fat ol ass too
>>
File: weird.png (81 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
weird.png
81 KB, 300x200
So this isn't entirely related, but Pete Holmes just had Andy Samberg as a guest on his podcast and they sort of tangentially talk about Joanna a few times.

It actually sounds like they have a really awesome relationship. I know a lot of people here shit on Andy for making "low art" or whatever but it was honestly really nice to hear. Happy for both of them.
>>
>>64249305
http://youtu.be/aqp1-gajX0Q

she got an WICKED sense of humor
>>
>tfw Joanna will never sing you happy birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrSVOWRsTY
>>
>>64249305
those people are jelly, and I don't blame them

>>64249371
she's so cute
>>
>>64249413
damn i wish i was there
>>
>>64246087
A woman and her harp.

Strum me away to fantasy land you magniloquent minstrel. My boner increases in girth with each wheat-fingered fleck of your yew-stringed lullaby maker.

And that voice, it's like angels fingering each other in helium heaven while pedophiles masturbate in hell.

Yes this album has it all. Oh, how I pine for a life in Narnia where I can see the computer generated deepthroating lion or make love to bizzaro Galadriel, and this album makes it a reality + mescaline.

Stand naked in a half full bubblebath and pour this album over yourself like oil paint. Rub it into your filthy body, and always remember to scrub behind your ears and underneath your nuts.
>>
>>64250490
Creepy
>>
>>64247726
Sawdust and diamonds is my least fav to anon. It is fine.
>>
Have One On Me is truly the best album of last decade. I don't think she will able to top it. Divers was kinda disappointment too me swell. I fucking get down to Goose Eggs though
>>
>>64247726
It's literally cosmic justice repaying you for your shit taste
>>
File: qpu alignment.gif (2 MB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
qpu alignment.gif
2 MB, 300x262
>>64250490

How high are you right now?
>>
Cosmia is great and all but why no love for Only Skin?
There are too many great moments to count, the lyricism is impeccable

I get shivers every single time Bill Callahan comes in at the end
>>
>I will never see her live
pepe staring at hands crying png
>>
ass
>>
>>64252345
Why
>>
>>64249063
whatever she chooses to give us is fine.
>>
SPIT YOUR PIT IN A HOLE IN THE GROUND
>>
>>64252037
Only Skin is one of those very special songs that we only get once every decade or so.
I'm biased since I love Joanna, but I can confidently say Only Skin is one of the best songs ever
>>
File: Joanna Newsom - Yarn and Glue.png (397 KB, 683x683) Image search: [Google]
Joanna Newsom - Yarn and Glue.png
397 KB, 683x683
HOOM > Ys > MEM > Divers
They're all amazing. Even her early EPs are great.

pic related: if you don't have it, get it
>>
File: 1461019021969.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1461019021969.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>Everyone I introduce to Joanna Newsom doesn't appreciate her voice
>Everyone around me is a humongous pleb
Why is it so easy to hate every cunt
>>
>>64256746
Because people are stupid. Don't hate them. Pity them.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.