[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>peking o >album is 10/10 lterally how? somebody just had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 300x300
>peking o
>album is 10/10
lterally how? somebody just had an epileptic episode, and ya'll are preteding it's art. that song is honestly crap.
>>
>>64241103
kys u pleb
>>
>>64241103
shut the fuck up
>>
>>64241103
2deep5u
>>
>>64241125
>>64241144
are you really enjoying this clearly mentally challanged man/boy screaming to the sounds of a facist drummers angry hits? rest is ok, but this song is wewlad/10
>>
I actuallly love Peking O but never could get into Aumgn
>>
>>64241217
jesus christ go back to top 40 you pleb
>>
>>64241312
that song was shit too
>>64241319
>2016
>not listening to autistic goats dying during maya ritual nigger sacrifices
nice meme. does anyone here enjoy peking o though, or is the song the black sheep of an otherwise ok album? i really like neu! amd stereolab, which made me believe this was to be quite good. tago mago was a true dissapointment.
>>
>>64241419
Most people like Peking O, it's a stand out track on a top 10 album of all time
>>
>>64241489
What is there to enjoy? Initially it's all a okay, sounds like CAN. Then somebody mumbles and screams like he's Yoko Ono for a few minutes to only drums. Do you just ignore that part?
>>
>>64241103
Peking O is the best track though
>>
>>64241748
why? after havong browsed the other boards you guys come off as retards. everyone here stops at like/dislike, and the only critique of eachother is "kys dumbface!"
>>
>>64241540
It is called Musique Concrete.
>>
>>64241831
The only "critique" you've offered is the fact that Damo is screaming (as if that's inherently bad) to only drums (which isn't even true, are you deaf?)
>>
File: 1460827321583.gif (994 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
1460827321583.gif
994 KB, 496x368
>>64241831
>everyone here stops at like/dislike, and the only critique of eachother is "kys dumbface!"
welcome to /mu/, now get out
>>
>>64241831
I was just stating my opinion. It's not like your argument is well structured either, it's just you comparing the vocals to Yoko Onno and an epileptic. There's no actual music argument for it, i just know it's against the song based on the rest of what you say.

I just think it's the best track on Tago Mago. I love the screaming, it's so intense and crazy to me. I'm sorry I can't really go into much detail, I haven't listened to Can in a long time but you're a hypocritical idiot if you critiquing my seven word critique that says the inverse of yours without padding.
>>
>>64242015
*if you're critiquing my seven word opinion

fug
>>
Today I've realised that Future Days is the superior album.
>>
>>64242124
Yeah, Bel Air has the best synths Can made
>>
>>64241883
you don't know what musique is retard
>>
>>64242124
Everybody knows that, except the poseurs
>>
>>64242151
Bel Air is probably the best thing that came out in from the krautrock scene
>>
lmao ege bamyasi is goat
i love im so green and sing swan song
paperhouse and oh yeah are deff god tier tho
>>
>>64242286
You type like a retarded
>>
Tago Mago really isn't all that special I hear you OP. I find more enjoyment from their contemporaries.
>>
File: confused sponge man.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
confused sponge man.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
>>64242165
I'm french and people actually calling a genre "musique" is kinda weird to me.
Like, the is the genre literally "music" ?

pls stop
>>
>>64242392
>Like, the is the genre literally "music" ?
sorry for this
>>
>>64242392
Do you not know what musique concrete is or are you telling him not to abbreviate it to musique?
>>
Best track Halleluhwah btw senpais
>>
>>64242392
do the records stores in france have great musique concrete or EAI collections?
>>
>Best
Peeking O
>Runner Up
Halleluwah
>Worst
None, or well maybe Paperhouse (and i still love it)
>Overrated
Paperhouse
>Underrated
Being me Coffe or Tea
>>
>>64242449
my first thought is your second option

but since your mentioning it, I personally find it pretty weird to listen to this type of music.
It's not really enjoyable (at least for me) and it is relevant if you want to study history ok but actually "listening" to it ?

Like, for what purpose ?

>>64242476
I'm not an expert but I never bumped into this.
french record stores are like regular local stores IMO, whith some "local" stuff of course but not much.

And yeah, for me listening to musique concrete and this kind of stuff is really some advanced form of intellectual wankery
>>
>>64242586
you're*
sorry pretty tired
>>
>>64242586
Die you fucking frog pleb
>>
>>64242586
>Like, for what purpose ?

'Cause it's great. I mean it's not for you and that's cool.
>>
>>64242644
This is why americans are called uncivilized.
>>
>>64242644
>frog
>pleb

bitch please, you know both aren't compatible.
>>
>>64242586
>for what purpose
it either sounds good or it's an interesting listening experience that challenges you intellectually.
>>
>>64242874
>Challenges you intelectually
Why do people use this weird descriptions ? I love Peking O. But not because of those weird descriptions but because i love the song. Everything about it is amazing and Really well done, the screaming makes the song pretty intense and the drumming is Hallucinating. Is it really that hard to like this track? Because it clicked the first time to me
>>
>>64242874
You can also say that the sound of 10 fat guys farting for 2 hours is challenging intellectually, the only difference is that, if that was ever recorded, it didn't have any historical impact.

There was of a lot intellectual wankery both in music, social and even physical sciences at this time. While historically important this is not musically important in my opinion (in the same way that a lot of theories in many fields of science were invalidated)

If I want to challenge myself, I try to start from something I actually enjoy. (and I find it nearly impossible to end up listening to musique concrete starting from something I actually enjoy)

just my 2cts
>>
>>64242015
>implying you're going to get a reply by posting a reasonable post
u crazy
>>
>>64243026
How is that a weird description? It's just a fancy way of saying "it makes you think beyond simply finding the sounds pleasurable"

>>64243059
Why do you think that just because something is challenging it means I'm not enjoying it? That might be true for you but why is it so hard to understand that some people enjoy to be challenged by the art they consume?
>>
>>64243247
>Why do you think that just because something is challenging it means I'm not enjoying it?

idk man, the classic "stop liking what I don't like" I guess :^)
>>
>>64243247
Because i never found it to be challenging . i agree with you, there are plenty of songs, albums and artists that challenge their listeners, but this particular song is actually one of the most accesible of the 2nd half. But when i see people asking why someone might like it, they just say it's an intelectually chalenging song, and to me it's Not that weird
>>
>>64243412
well I said "it either sounds good or it's an interesting listening experience that challenges you intellectually". that implies that I can just like Peking O for the way it sounds, which I do. I don't know how you can say with a straight face that the song isn't challenging, however. I'd say it's the least accessible song in the Can trio and the music on those albums aren't known to be very accessible.
>>
Aumgn is the one track I can't get into, absolutely love everything else
>>
>>64243513
Your right, my reading comprehension is pretty bad tonight. I actually had to listen many times to Tago Mago before it became one of my favorite albums of all time. But since the first listen i loved Peking O, and time made me love it even more. Then again, maybe this is how i experienced the album. I see a lot of people having trouble with it but if you are somewhat used to screaming then it's Not that weird. On a side note, just because i don't believe it's an intelectual challenge, doesn't mean i don't find it to be a work of genius
>>
>>64241103
BIG WHOMPA: The Album
>>
>>64243098
Thank (you) for the (you) senpai
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.