[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time a musician died while in their prime and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
When was the last time a musician died while in their prime and commercial zenith?

Kurt Cobain?
>>
Tupac and Biggie
>>
Aaliyah
>>
3pac
>>
Elliott Smith
>>
>>64241033
Bowie never lost his relevancy.
>>
Mitch Lucker?
>>
Trish Keenan, Jason Molina
>>
Amy Winehouse
>>
>>64241238
Yeah true.
>>
Biggie
>>
Jeff Buckley
>>
Ian Curtis
>>
Lynyrd Skynyrd
>>
Does Michael Jackson count? He was peaking again just before he died.
>>
>>64241154
If he had died right after the Berlin trilogy that would've been his prime.
>>
>>64241284
/thread
>>
File: brainiac.jpg (140 KB, 864x589) Image search: [Google]
brainiac.jpg
140 KB, 864x589
Tim Taylor of Brainiac
>>
>>64241238
This. SS were just starting to hit their stride when he died.
That was in 2012, and I don't think a major musician has died at their peak since then.
>>
Mitch Lucker was the last
Amy Winehouse before that
Tupac before that.

You could make the case that Cobain was already past his prime even though he was fairly young.
>>
>>64241284
This is the last mainstream one to die in her prime
>>
>>64241688
Nah Cobain was definitely in his prime.
>>
>>64241688
Aaliyah was between Tupac and Winehouse.
>>
>>64241444
trips dont lie
>>
Scatman.
>>
Jay Reatard
>>
J Dilla
>>
>>64241252
>Trish Keenan

I don't think Broadcast ever had a real 'commercial zenith', but she was cut down when she started going more deeply down the psychedelic well. I love '...Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age'. R.I.P.
>>
Fat Pat
Big L
Big Pun
Bugz
Mac Dre
Pimp C (07 was actually UGK's commerical height)
Slim Dunkin
Lil Snupe
Doe B
Chinx Drugz
Bankroll Fresh
Lil JoJo
Dolla
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.