[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how many normies are going to start pretending that they listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 27
File: 060712-music-evolution-Prince.png (555 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
060712-music-evolution-Prince.png
555 KB, 1200x675
So how many normies are going to start pretending that they listen to Prince now, just like they did after Bowie died?
>>
all of them
>>
File: wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg (19 KB, 199x267) Image search: [Google]
wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg
19 KB, 199x267
>tfw appreciated Prince before the normie storm
>>
>>64233044
whats wrong with that
>>
>>64233044
I've listened to him for years and I feel like I would be thrown in their if someone heard me listen to him from now on.
>>
>>64233044
I never liked his music and I still don't. His persona put me off his music.
>>
I never like his music, but I can appreciate that he was a great musician.
>>
Yeah Prince and David Bowie were underground

it was before my time, but when John Lennon got shot everyone jumped on the "liking john lennon" train
>>
>>64233044
get over yourself you fucking lout, my mom listens to prince
>>
>listening to prince a week ago
>had a feeling he was gonna die
>he die
>>
>>64233044
>acting like Prince is some kind of outsider artist

He's one of the most successful recording artists of all time.
>>
File: 1388038941120.jpg (17 KB, 640x296) Image search: [Google]
1388038941120.jpg
17 KB, 640x296
>tfw born in the 80's and never heard a song of his
>>
>>64233044
Got kiss, erotic city and doves cry on my ipod. gonna be listening to them for a while.
>>
if a ton of people discover prince now i'm not complaining
his music is unique and legendary
>>
>>64233701
>tfw born in the 80s and got Prince's Batman soundtrack LP for Christmas 1989
>>
Everybody's heard Prince at least once OP.

I've heard a ton of Prince songs growing up. I just didn't own any of his albums.
>>
I LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC WHEN HE WENT TO HOSPITAL BEFORE HE DIED
AM I COOL YET, GUYS?
>>
He is a faggot and his music sounds like vaporwave just like most popular radio songs from that time nothing to be sad about it
>>
>>64233044
I actually went to go see him in concert a few years ago. He did like a week of shows at the United Center in Chicago. The guy put on an amazing show, and not being a young fag (35) I did grow up listening to Prince.
>>
I've listened to his shit plenty before. He wasn't my favorite person to listen to, but songs like Purple Rain and the Corvette song were great

I'm just sad we keep losing legends
>>
Blouses
>>
>>64233044
better question is how many /mu/tants are going to do this
OP is one of the first
>>
I've been looking for his music only heard purple rain and him playing while my guitar gently weeps. Also some funk but not everything.
>>
>>64233044
I don't like Bowie
I tried to love Prince because of Chappelle and Kevin Smith
>>
>>64233044
kys special club faggot
>>
Ripped my mom's Purple Rain CD to my library back when I was in high school. Today is the first time I'm actually listening to it. I'm on Computer Blue and I'm already regretting that I waited this long.

His vocals on The Beautiful Ones holy shit
>>
File: audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg (41 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg
41 KB, 1024x735
>>64233044
FULL DISCLOSURE

I only listened to their popular radio stuff. It was still good music but I never just sat down and jammed out to their albums front to back.
>>
Prince is fucking normie music you twat
>>
>>64234053

Purple Rain is a cool movie to watch as well. It's not exactly *good* in terms of being a plot with a three act structure, but watching Prince acting out live performances of his songs from that album is really cool.
>>
Fuck all you posers. I was into Prince before he died.
>>
>>64233044

I never listened to much prince but its easy to recognize his importance and influence
>>
I can't name a single prince song
>>
>>64234533
I only know gold experience because of Jojo. No idea what it sounds like, though. I can't find his songs on YouTube for some reason
>>
I only know three songs:

1.The Most Beautiful Girl in the World,
2. When Doves Cry
3. Purple Rain

All three are pretty good, and I occasionally play them.
>>
Prince is probably more famous among the normies as "that guy who changed his name to a symbol".
>>
>>64234621
>I can't find his songs on YouTube for some reason
he was literal jew and stopped all streaming of his works.
maybe his estate will put them up though
>>
>>64233044
where do i start with prince and where do i stop

im not downloading like 20 albums
>>
>>64234665
The guy was definitely a weirdo, but his music was new and different which was nice
>>
>>64233044
I won't.
I've heard their songs like anyone else but no I didn't actively listen. I might listen to Blackstar though. What I heard sounded great.
>>
I thought that song Raspberry Berret or something was alright. But his music is quite 'meh'.
>>
>>64233044
Yeah let's ignore that Prince is probably the epitome of normie music.
>>
>>64234236
Audrey is so gorgeous aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Prince put a tight restriction on the songs to be removed if they were ever posted on YT, Soundcloud, or anywhere else on the internet. Unless that will change because of his death, I don't see people spending money just to listen to the Purple Rain soundtrack.
>>
For You was one of the first albums I bought.
Shit was great.
>>
>>64234722
Actually I think he did that for legal reasons, not because he was a nut.

Though what he changed it to may or may not be sane.
>>
>>64234669
>maybe his estate will put them up though
Surely not! Why would they exploi.... yeah who am i kidding?
>>
>>64234839
He was angry because his birthname is Prince and the label he was under wouldn't allow him to use it.
>>
File: 1455216365217_pol.jpg (402 KB, 1561x1800) Image search: [Google]
1455216365217_pol.jpg
402 KB, 1561x1800
>listened to Purple Rain for the first time today before i knew he died
So whats that make me?
>>
>>64233044
Don't know a single one of his songs desu
>>
>>64234621

He was EXTREMELY protective of his intellectual property. He was even against Digital Music as a whole, he didn't like it all that much. Any music of his that is available digitally, those services had to really pull their teeth to get them on there because he's so tight about maintaining control of his intellectual properties.
>>
File: 1435821573570.jpg (6 KB, 329x328) Image search: [Google]
1435821573570.jpg
6 KB, 329x328
>>64233044
the only Prince album that i've listened is purple rain
>>
>>64233044
Literally who?
>>
I am uploading videos/songs of his

like his ivault stuff that's 20 minute long jam sessions

instead of just reposting bullshit from youtube

I suggest any real fans of prince who aren't normies also upload songs/videos so there's not trash representing the legend to the normies
>>
>>64234907
his murderer
>>
>>64234665
he was famous way before that you dumb fucker, albums like Batman ost went platinum twice
>>
>>64234907
retarded
>>
>>64233243
wow you special snowflake you!
>>
>>64234980
some extreme manlet
>>
File: Gibson 335 bourbon burst.jpg (170 KB, 2153x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gibson 335 bourbon burst.jpg
170 KB, 2153x1080
>>64233044
>So how many normies are going to start pretending that they listen to Prince now, just like they did after Bowie died?

If they listen to the music then honestly that would be just fucking awesome.
Prince, Bowie, Maurice White, Lemmy - they can't create anymore but if their deaths are the catalyst for people to discover their music, that's great.
It's always a positive thing to have more people appreciating and being touched by an artist's work.
Artists put us in touch with the very essence of what it is to be a human being, they make human existance so much richer and more significant.
They live on in their audiences, whether early hardcore fans or this the children of thismorning's bandwagoners.
And so they deserve to live on with as many people as possible.
Artistic legacies are wonderful things; those guys are gone but part of their essence could concievably go on for the rest of human history.
That's substantial.
The more people who make a connection with any artist's legacy, the better.
Nothing is diminished by the larger audience.
>>
File: X7cGQ5x.jpg (274 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
X7cGQ5x.jpg
274 KB, 1500x1500
People say Vega INTL sounds a lot like Prince, especially on News From the Sun. I dig this, so what Prince releases are we talking? All I've listened to is Purple Rain.
>>
>ctrl f
>Diamonds and Pearls
>no matches
>>
>>64233044
Fuckloads I am sure.

>>64233584
Not underground but certainly not on the playlist of any pop, rap, or hipster shit.
>>
File: mfw cant talk gotta facebook.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mfw cant talk gotta facebook.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>64234533
That tell us a lot about you, and nothing at all about Prince.
>>
>>64235109
>I dig this, so what Prince releases are we talking?

Dirty Mind and Sign o the Times
>>
>>64234907
Guitarfag here. The guitar work is actually very very good.
>>
File: 1430637561383.jpg (177 KB, 1044x1112) Image search: [Google]
1430637561383.jpg
177 KB, 1044x1112
>>64234862
heh heh

Btw, can't wait to hear about the next-level Prince will. This should be interesting.
>>
>>64235172
Cool, thanks. I was thinking of listening to 1999 next but maybe I'll check out these instead.
>>
>>64235117
Revolution>NPG
>>
Prince is normie tier. He played the Super Bowl halftime show ffs.
>>
So dying is pretty much the best career move a musician can do, right?
>>
I always was fettered that practically none of his music was on YouTube
>>
>>64235282
Well yes, chronologically go Dirty Mind, 1999 then Sign o the Times
>>
File: 1431032563877.gif (2 MB, 210x186) Image search: [Google]
1431032563877.gif
2 MB, 210x186
>>64235109
Other than Purple Rain and maybe 1999 I'd go song by song, rather than albums.
If you like epic guitar and a groove, you're going to enjoy the ride with Prince.
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
>>64235346
>I have superior taste and intellect and can see through popularity
>>
>>64235151
Tells us a lot like not having listened to Prince before and the list goes on and on...
>>
>>64235316
i'll fucking end u m8
>>
>>64235346
Jimi Hendrix was on the the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
Marylin Manson has been on normie media a million times.
Sex Pistols on the BBC.
Being smart is all that is.
>>
>>64235402
>song by song
Suspected this might be a good route also, maybe I'll shuffle some comps for a bit. Thanks for the reply.
>>
He made some good pop music but other than that he was dick always threatening copyright lawsuits and even sued Youtube because they posted music from him
>>
>>64233649
Same. My mom loved him, and he was a big musical inspiration for her, and in turn, me. His death hits me pretty hard for that reason.
>>
>>64235413
so listen and add something to your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys
>>
>>64235507
give diamonds and pearls a spin. The album that is. It's more straight ahead pop than most of his other shit. But it's just the sleaziest and down right dirty, filthy album. Just oozes sleaze.
>>
>>64235545
You are now aware your mother masturbated to Prince.

Enjoy
>>
>>64235629
I'm not him, dude. I even contemplated to download his discog but after I found out that he was a complete prick about copyright I didn't even bother.
>>
>>64235705
...wouldn't that give you more reason to download his work?
>>
>>64233044
>Bowie
who?
>>
>>64233044
But Prince was always normie music?

I mean he was a fucking superstar back when he started in the 80s and was ever since. The only reason why you don't realize him as normiecore is because you are too young to remember.
>>
i've never listened to prince and i don't plan on starting now
>>
>>64235747
No because I wanted to sample some of his shit first.
>inb4 could have downloaded
Yeah, yeah, I know, too lazy.
>>
File: troll2.jpg (538 KB, 989x956) Image search: [Google]
troll2.jpg
538 KB, 989x956
He was the golden god we didn't deserve but we received him gladly.
>>
>>64233044
Prince and David Bowie were mainstream.
>>
>>64235875
hey kyle!
>>
>>64235705
>he was a complete prick about copyright

yeah, he was a dick because he stood up for his art, his creations, his heart and soul that was bled into his music

he's a dick for controlling things he created....
>>
I had Purple Rain on betamax

honestly, I still don't believe it's true
>>
>>64235944
>make your art available only through a paywall
>having integrity
lamo
>>
Check out the Parade album from 1986.
It's my favorite Prince album.
>>
Prince should really have released his music on the internet.
>>
Prince was my biggest musical inspiration as a teen.

I played guitar and every band I played in (regardless of genre), if I had a solo, I would be fucking the hell out of my guitar and making erotic faces at the 10 people in attendance
>>
Prince is just okay. He's definitely no fucking Bowie.
>>
David Bowie was for normie's the whole time, he did duets with Bing Crosby and Queen for shits sake
>>
>>64236027

it's not about integrity retard

it's about control and the fact you created something, and the fact that if you watned to and in the past you created something entirely by yourself and thus should have the ability to control it instead of having fuck boi warner brother records telling you what to do with your talent and your creative output

you're such a fucking pleb you'll never understand the war he waged against record companies to be able to get his videos yanked and to be able to have creative control at the level he did

but yeah, he's a fucking pleb because he plays 1,000 seat theaters instead of 100,000 capacity EDM style arenas for millions of dollars a show....
>>
>>64236109
I always thought of him as kind of like..the urban version of Bowie. Think about it.
>>
This is why he's just a meme artist to normalfags.

I hope more meme artists die.
>>
>>64234811
you're a big guy
>>
>>64236190
You know that art without audience is dead, so why limit it? For fighting the man? That is a dumb thing in my opinion because he was just castrating the possible reach of his music.
>>
>>64233044

normies have always been his core audience
>>
>>64233666
>Wake up
>Get in the shower
>Get nice'n'handsome
>Go to GFs house
>She's in a Yuno Gasai cosplay
>A short, black semi-transparent black dress, pink wig and all
>Go inside
>Make out
>Loose my v-card
>She cums on my dick, finishes me off with a bj
>O-face.jpg
>Actually swallows
>It's only 12:30
>Go to the park
>Have my homemade lunch
>She loves my cooking
>Make out for hours under the blooming trees
>Go see dem kangaroos at the park (not Aus, don't ask)
>Drop her off
>Go to uni
>All ma hommies be there
>Smoke weed like a motherfucker
>We hit it and go to a bar in the zone, put HIT'N'RUN in the card
>HARDROCKLOVER plays
>The fuckin' guitar solo, I'm feelin' it
>There's a fucking Wonka icecream shop accross the street
>Get candy get icecream, keep blazin', keep drinkin'
>Suddenly Jew friend appears
>"Hey Annon did you know Prince is dead"
It Was a Good Day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q
>>
>>64233044
He was a homophobic bisexual man, who later redacted his own sexuality.

He had a similar childhood to Little Richard (both thought they were "gay", their peers and own families bullied them for being eccentric and flamboyant, etc.), and then after experimenting across the sexuality spectrum as teenager, as adults they used hardcore religion as a leash/punishment to confine it - and later; deny they were anything but heterosexual.

I cannot understand why in the 2010s someone would still feel the need to live in the closet. Hell, we had Liberace and Elton John, who decades ago - were open about being flaming queens who kept trailers full of underage/barely legal boys for their own entertainment after performing each night before crowds of tens of thousands who accepted them as they were. While Prince, he had to lie to himself, and his fans, and present himself as somebody he was not, while adapting his music and image to fit his self redefined history of himself.

To be honest, I think it is best he is at peace wherever his energy is. Whether he's faded into the black nothingness, or is off in some celestial realm, at least he is not suffering the anxiety and insecurity he had here on Earth.
>>
>>64236405
>at least he is not suffering the anxiety and insecurity he had here on Earth.
I imagine the same would be said of all of us. Since we are none of us without our issues.
>>
>>64235412
I was only using normie because of the OP, I only visited mu because prince died. I'm not a degenerate weirdo like you losers and I listen to Prince, and other dad rock and mompop bands.

I replied to that poster because he implied that Prince was sort of unknown singer.
>>
>tfw I appreciated Prince before his death
Phew. Almost became a hipster there...
>>
>>64233044
I actually listened to quite a bit of his stuff earlier this year. While Bowie was definitely a musician I did not naturally come to listen to, Prince was someone I did. Purple Rain is one of the best produced and performed albums of all time, and 1999 and Dirty Mind are great Minneapolis Sound records. I wasn't obsessed with him at all but I loved those records. If there are any artists that I would be considered a massive fan of, it would have to be The Avalanches, J Dilla, Brian Eno, Arthur Russell, Brian Wilson, and Madvillain. That's just me, fuck it if i sound plebian/patrician. I'm a nut over instrumental hip hop and anything with a synth that sounds multi-layered.

I don't know how this is all going to come across as I am just one music-lover on /mu/ but I don't really care. This is just my experience.
>>
File: stop.png (24 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
24 KB, 500x539
>incredibly famous person dies
>WOW NOW EVERYONE WILL PRETEND LIKE THEY KNEW WHO THEY WERE JUST BECAUSE THEY DIED
>>
>>64236405
Good post
>>
older normies do like prince, and i'm sure there are plenty of younger ones that do as well.
>>
>>64235483
All of them are normie-tier, what's your point.
>>
>>64236309
>You know that art without audience is dead
completely wrong, see van gogh
>so why limit it?
it's only limited to poor people who can't afford a CD
>For fighting the man?
No, because you made it, top to bottom and it's yours to do whatever you want with it, without Prince the music doesn't exist, he could literally play every single instrument and write every single part and program that Linn Drum machine and record it all and put it together as an album, I guarantee 99% of musicians can't sit in a room alone and come out with a complete album
>That is a dumb thing in my opinion because he was just castrating the possible reach of his music.
I agree, but at what point do you let a record company a) profit off of you b) tell you what to do c) just give yourself away for free when you've worked very hard

there clearly is a balance between I made this and I want others to hear it and I made this and I feel it should be used X way

>>64236405
Another Celebrity Has AIDS

April 18, 2016 186 Comments
BG Note: We are working on updating this blind item.

We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has [Read more…]

>http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843#more-77843
>http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843

Link/websites are probably broken due to web traffic

But it was predicted
>>
>>64236109
Prince was infinitely superior in every way.
>>
>>64236645
His music sounds dated as hell, he's always been pure momcore
>>
>>64236734

yeah right, listen to his ivault stuff, mom's don't listen to songs over 4 minutes long
>>
>be a normie
>going about my normal day normie business
>listening to lots of good normiecore
>twenty one pilots, halsey, the list goes on
>go online
>see article that says prince is kill
>wonder whether its the prince of england or somewhere else
>read article, realize it's just talking about that guy who sang purple rain
>oh ok
>open up spotify app
>type 'prince' into search bar
>one song pops up
>not even purple rain
>tfw no face
>>
File: image.png (585 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
585 KB, 750x1334
PLEBS
>>
>>64236398
And then you woke up
>>
>>64233243
so 1978?

old ass mf get off /mu/
>>
>>64233044
I've only heard one song, sounded gay so I won't like him.
>>
>>64236940
Believe ot or not, I'd like it to be the case. That way Prince wwould still be with us.
>>
>>64233044
Never liked his stuff but he was incredibly talented
>>
>>64235768
Apparently you're too young to remember his first few albums, everything until Purple Rain, were minor, and he was seen as some kind of hypersexual alt-disco weirdo.
>>
a legendary musician who made thoroughly unimpressive music

must've been relevant in his time, era and place, and most never shook the illusion
>>
>>64237374
this

you have to remember-he was before marilyn manson, mlady gaga, caitlin jenner etc.
>>
>>64236544
it is true, applies to /mu/ and even more for the rest of the world outside of it

would apply less to /mu/ if it wasn't a normie infested safespace
>>
>>64237374
so much like bowie
>>
>>64233833
At least you tried.
>>
>>64237341
He was a crossdresser. He helped feminise a generation of boys.
>>
>>64233044
>start listening to cheesy pop
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>64236149
Queen wasn't for normies in the Seventies, kiddo.
>>
>>64233044
Prince IS normie you dumb fuck. What are you, like 16 or something?
>>
>>64233044
how is Prince not normie music?
he's a fucking pop star
you think Bowie wasn't normie music?
i bet you think Micheal Jackson wasn't normie music either.
How about the beatles? you think that's obscure or something?
>>
>>64237644
All normie memes. More meme artists that die, the better.
>>
>>64234301

>being this self conscious
>>
>>64233044
Prince is literal normiecore.
>>
Snuck into a prince concert around 10 years ago. I'm not even a big fan, but it was certainly a spectacle.
>>
>>64236687
>>64236687
Oh, OK.
And I guess you listen to The Residents, and GG Allen, exclusively, eh?
>>
>>64237710
This. Certainly a lot of normies have been exposed.
>>
>>64237746
oddly enough i do and im a pretty pretty girl who runs to france when i forget my pants. why do you ask?
>>
>>64235129
>Not underground but certainly not on the playlist of any pop, rap, or hipster shit.
just face the fact that they've been huge pop stars since their initial success
>>
>>64235483
Hendrix is the first thing normie's think of when you say "acid", "woodstock" or "electric guitar".

Marylin Manson is "satanist", "colombine" "goth"

Sex pistol's is "Punk"

Think pretty much every normie reacts like this.

>>64233044
I always felt prince was normie tier anyways, a bit less known than michael jackson.
He sold out every concert in my country and it was always covered by the media when he performed here.

couldn't care about his personality, which seemed creepy, never liked his music, will not be listening after his death.
Can appreciate that alot of people have a relationship with his music though.
>>
File: 1417921184769s (1).jpg (2 KB, 83x125) Image search: [Google]
1417921184769s (1).jpg
2 KB, 83x125
>>64236109
They're equal tier, I'd say.
Prince was kind of the younger American version of Bowie in a lot of ways. Bowie had better lyrics mostly, but Prince's guitar skills were off the charts.
Neither compromised, they both embodied the Be Yourself ethos of the 1970's.
>>
>>64233044
>>64233243
>>64233489
>>64233666
>>64233728
>>64233897
>>64233972
>>64234053
>>64234638
>>64234773
>>64235346
>>64235402
>>64235532
>>64236337

Reminder that if you haven't listened to the work you're /prince/ normie
>>
>>64233044
By normies you mean white people?
>>
>>64234053
The Beautiful Ones is one of his best. Love that song. Beyonce tried covering it live and she couldn't even nail the vocals as well as he did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceyCEBq9pXw
>>
>>64233666
>666

f a m
>>
I had been planning on listening to his stuff for a while now, but never got around to it.

It's a shame I didn't start sooner.
>>
>>64238087
lol @ Beyonce trying to. Alot of those notes are too high up
>>
>>64237352
hi eridan
>>
File: Gold_Experience_color.png (1 MB, 553x767) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Experience_color.png
1 MB, 553x767
I only know about him because JoJo's references his music a lot
>>
>>64235532
He was trying to stay paid. That's smart. He saw the future coming for someone with his career arc and time/place in music history. Kept his money, gave a shit ton to charity too. Smart, very smart. You could argue that in order to stay 'relevant' to millenials, he should have eased up a bit, but that wasn't the point. No one was really going to be buying new Prince music anyway, therefore control your own legacy and intellectual property. Maybe an artist like that doesn't want his music used to sell Febreze or Chryslers or whatever. I respect that.
>>
File: 1451076352145.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1451076352145.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
"Prince was just 19 when he released his first album, putting out For You in 1978."

Looks like Bane wins again famalam.The Eternal Meme will not falter!
>>
>>64236190
Yup. The entertainment industry wasn't always like it is today. Some younger people don't seem to get this. If everything is 'free' like it is today, then you make money touring. That's all that's left. Maybe Prince shouldn't have to do that in his fifties. Maybe he shouldn't have to license his creative output to sell shit he doesn't believe in either. Pretty based really.
>>
>Look at my cool little hidden secret that is Prince
>Now that he's dead everyone's gonna start listening to him

lol you guys are so fucking stupid. he's one of the highest selling musicians of all time.

Yes there are gonna be a few faggots who never really listened to him who are going to now, but those are the exception.
>>
>>64236085
>Prince should really have released his music on the internet.
this x 1000
>>
>>64233044
me
>>
I'm a Minnesota, born and raised, and my father has seen Prince many times including several times at First Ave in the 80s. Both my parents called me and were upset. We even stopped class and had a moment of silence for him. Such is life in Minnesota.
>>
>>64238362
Araki must be having a real shit year so far.
>>
Prince would rather you play it upon /r9k/
In the hope the break there shell.
>>
>>64239795
"Prince" would be much more favorable upon getting some robots laid.
>>
>>64233044
Im gonna laugh when people try to listen to his music

Fuck this cunt
>>
File: 1461270238874.png (976 KB, 500x1296) Image search: [Google]
1461270238874.png
976 KB, 500x1296
>>64239764
He's gonna kill off all his characters in rage and grief
>>
>>64235944
>>64236190
nah, hes a cunt
glad he's dead
>>
>>64236405
>While Prince, he had to lie to himself, and his fans, and present himself as somebody he was not
The black community is very homophobic overall. Sad but true.
>>
>>64235109
Lovesexy my nigga.
>>
File: 1426690782362.gif (809 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1426690782362.gif
809 KB, 200x200
>>64236109
>>
File: 1434023811460.jpg (219 KB, 1908x1073) Image search: [Google]
1434023811460.jpg
219 KB, 1908x1073
>>64233044
>TFW I downloaded his albums a year ago, but never got around to listening to them.

Same thing happened with Bowie.
>>
I've never listened to a Prince album but I saw him a few years ago. Killer show, if you never got to see him you really missed out.
>>
>>64233044
>"normies"

back to your containment board.

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>64237565
lol no
stop rewriting history
>>
File: image.jpg (799 KB, 1201x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
799 KB, 1201x1600
A shit-ton.

I don't really like his music though. I can appreciate his multi-instrumentalism & his voice, but his actual music isn't interesting.

I guess it's the songwriting. I feel the same way about Miguel; even though he arguably has the best voice within mainstream R&B, I just couldn't fuck with Wildheart.

imo Michael Jackson was infinitely superior to Prince in this regard. Great music.
>>
>>64233044
newsflash: prince was one of the most well-received and well-known pop stars to ever grace this planet. and even so, >>64233244
>>
>>64241021
>implying boys today aren't little girlie men
What planet are you talking about? Rigel 67-B?
>>
>>64233044
i think young normies are barely even aware of prince beyond the fact that he exists and is a famous musician
if your music isn't online you might as well be a ghost to people these days
>>
>>64241508
prince slayed more pussy in his lifetime than you could possibly imagine
>>
>tfw in my late thirties

No one will question my appreciation for prince.
>>
I've always had a soft spot for Little Red Corvette, I Wanna Be Your Lover and Anastasia desu. I'm a pleb, I kno.
>>
>>64241617
>tfw no mayte wife
>tfw no appollonia gf
>tfw no vanity gf to cheat on with appollonia and vice versa
>tfw no sheila e gf
>tfw no susan moonsie sidechick
>tfw no susannah gf
>tfw no isa gf

he had so many
>>
I've got one album of his: [1993] The Hits 1. Eighteen songs.

It is not easy to pinpoint his music. I don't think he is sold widely in Poland.
>>
>>64241685
I'm going to question why you're on a mongolian spice trading forum though
>>
>>64242710

Is there a certain age that are only allowed to use 4chan? I didn't see the fine print
>>
I mean you could easily have been a normie prince fan if you were alive in the 80s, i even remember hearing some of his music before i really listneiend to anything
>>
>>64233044
I had tickets to see prince when I was 11 but he cancelled a week before, fucking wanker had to go and die before i saw him
>>
>>64242710
becuase it's fun and informative. There really isn't a place like it, on line or off.
>>
>>64233666
It would seem that Satan is up to his old tricks again...
>>
>>64233668
Who no one under 18 has ever heard because his music isn't on the internet or in any media.
>>
It's going to be a musician that was a major part of american hardcore punk next. you heard it here first.
>>
I going to start having a lot of gay sex now so I could be like Prince.
>>
I've only heard Purple Rain and I intend to keep it that way
>>
>>64233044
GEORGE MICHAEL IS NEXT, MARK MY WORDS
>>
File: 1457562550885.gif (2 MB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1457562550885.gif
2 MB, 251x240
>>64233666
satanic trips
>>
>>64233044
All of them. Me? Purple Rain is the earliest song I remember because my dad use to put it on when I was a toddler. Right now, he's playing I Would Die 4 U.

RIP Prince.
>>
>>64233044
Who the fuck above the age of 18 hadn't at least heard their music in passing?
>>64233510
God that is a fucking idiotic reason, congratulations.
>>
File: y841798471.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
y841798471.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>64233044
i think prince is normie music tho?
>>
>le normie xD
Are you redditors afraid of adding FAG to the end of normal?
>>
File: 1440556296754.jpg (10 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
1440556296754.jpg
10 KB, 355x417
>>64233666
>See news about prince in hospital
>he'll be fine
>Listen to batman soundtrack
>Jamming to partyman
>Few days later he dies
>>
>>64233701
well, dude, idiot. You was a fucking baby when you born so why the fuck would you listening actively fucking music, people usually star listen music like 12-14old...
>>
i dont like his music...
>>
>>64233044
Honestly, I never listened to his music. Not then, not now.
>>
>>64233044
I never followed Prince, but Darling Nikki was the shit.

>Heard the news
>Google Purple Rain to listen again
>End up listening to Morris Day instead
>>
I always confuse pharrel Williams with Prince
>>
normies listened before he died. He's one of the most normie mainstream popstar of all time.
>>
>>64233044
I had listened to his best albums not long before his death.
>>
>>64237431
>a legendary musician who made thoroughly unimpressive music
damn
>>
oh my god...just listened to the black album. so fucking dope.
>>
>>64249390
>won't you play with me.
>>
I have never, EVER listened to Prince

How big a deal was he?
>>
>>64234236
this is my situation as well

but I'm listening to his discography now, currently listening to his 1979 s/t album
>>
>>64249451
Cindy C! that song man....
my house mate and i were just sitting there laughing in disbelief at how good it was. just a mad brew of hip hop, gospel, new wave, funk and vocals that only prince could dream up.
>>
I don't give a fuck.

I honestly can't name a single fucking song of his.
>>
>>64233044

you could hear him on the radio, or watch him on the superbowl or grammys or some shit, he's part of the culture even if you don't go buy his album..
>>
Fox news talking Prince.
Glasses guy just said "classic rock meathead."
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.