[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi. so i am new here. i always like my own music tastes and stuff.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1458277820134.jpg (33 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1458277820134.jpg
33 KB, 960x640
hi. so i am new here. i always like my own music tastes and stuff.

but i want to find some new stuff. ok so if you can help me pls.

first of all i like country. but not faggot rock country. i like george straight. and robert earl keen. and lyle lovet. probably my favorite song of all time is amarillo by morning.

i also like piano shit. like ben folds.

and i love rock and roll but i hate the screaming shit. i like smashing pumpkins even there new shit, but of course not their middle shit. i like silversun pickups. i like kings of leon except for their one atrocious song charmer. i really like about half of cake songs.

and before any of them i really really liked sunny day real estate.

can you faggots help me find some new bands? i actually want to find more country bands if possible. not new country, but like robert earl keen and willie and lyle lovett. if not that then yea, old school type rock will suit.
>>
>>64227560
>and i love rock and roll but i hate the screaming shit
you mean Emo?
>>
>>64227572
I think he means metal
>>
jason aldean - old boots new dirt
>>
>>64227560
Have you listened to any Townes Van Zandt?

>>64227603
Ignore him
>>
>>64227614
i love those 3 country singers and havent listened to townes van zandt? just a suprise, i have listened to zz top too. i love townes. and i prefer the srv little wing.

thank you for trying to help but yea i only like 3 of his songs. i sort of think townes was a hack. he spent most of his music making career not making music in a trailer. dead flowers is pretty good.
>>
Jason Aldean
>>
>>64227712
>>64227603
is this some kind of joke? the first song i had of him was electronica.

i was just asking for suggestions. i mean i have seen robert earl keen play with lyle lovett at the galveston opry. i have seen the fucking pinacle of country. i was just wondering if anything even close existed.
>>
>>64227862
it's a /mu/ meme dude
>>
try out

David Bowie - Meme School

and

Henry Cow - In Praise of Learning

also
v/a - Improvised Music from Japan
>>
>>64227877
well you got dubs. and the only /mu/ memes i know about are the cute little scottish girl that looks 12 but is 30. and of course grimes.

but i really just want to konw if there are any bands or country music players out there like geroge straigt, robert earl keen, lyle lovet, willie nelson, ect.

i really don't want to learn you faggots memes. just pls tell me some good country. or good rock that sort of sounds like it.
>>
>>64227862
He's a genuinely good country artist, he's not a meme

Check out old boots, new dirt.
>>
>>64227931
try out is literally old as fucking fuck weezer recommended it to me in the 90s. so i disregarded everything you said.

why would you even try to bait with such retarded shit? everyone who listens to music knows that shit.

i'm not a fucking moron. yea i listened to weezer and smashing pumpkins in the 90s. and i read the fucking covers.

i am simply asking for a good country band now
>>
>>64227959
do you think country is some kind of a joke? i just checked that shit out and it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_eK2mFogk

do you really think that country is some joke of a thing that CMT puts on? have you never heard lyle lovett? or george straight? or half the poeple that you think started rock?
>>
>>64227996
dacid meoshje
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4_PRmHcyiU
>>
>>64228249
i tried. have fun with kanye. i'm glad he is so smart you can follow him blindly.
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u_NfJRLT8NY

Objectively the greatest country band of all time.
>>
>>64228329
I am confused.

I just posted some country I liked from my area.

You have fun ignoring any music with screaming because you didn't like a Slipknot song that Jimmy showed you in high school.
>>
>>64227936
stop being a little bitch and use this link:

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&vif=3fie&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=country&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
>>
>>64228070
do you think Jason Aldean is some kind of a joke? i just checked that shit out and it wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFBlB-jwf5Q

do you really think that Old boots, New dirt is some joke of a thing that CMT puts on? have you never heard Death Grips? or Leonard Cohen? or half the poeple that you think started country?
>>
File: 1444165316739.jpg (32 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
1444165316739.jpg
32 KB, 480x357
>>64227996
The fuck?????????????????
Dude wasn't suggesting "try out", he was suggesting you "try out" the albums he listed.
>asks for country recs
>can't read
>asks /mu/ for recs
>can't meme

But in all seriousness, try the Silver Jews. Alt country was a fun thing in the 90s.
>>
File: 1454559100666.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1454559100666.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>>64228408
>fleet foxes
>>
>>64227936
all i did was identify that it was a meme, why are you being snotty?

do you think coming from some other board makes you better than /mu/? no one is better than anyone on /mu/.
>>
>>64227936

do you think /mu/ is some kind of a joke? i just checked that shit out and it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLq7Q4J5tw

do you really think that /mu/ is some joke of a thing that 4chan puts on? have you never heard swans? or merzbow? or half the poeple that you think started vaporwave?
>>
you might enjoy "codename dancer" by a2b2
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.