[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you grow out of your "LE FUGG LE LIMGIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1447590448817s.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447590448817s.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
At what age did you grow out of your "LE FUGG LE LIMGIN BARG XDXD" phase and realise they were the pinnacle of 2000s music?
>>
>>64227215
xD
>>
>>64227215
:D i agree they were very good but couldn't get on the level of acdc
>>
>>64227215
How could they be the pinnacle of music if they didn't play djent
>>
13-14, i mean to be fair its not the most awful music but itsn't the masterpeice i used to see it as
>>
>>64227247

Session is pretty damn gud, desu.
>>
holy shit this is actually pretty good. easily a 9/10
>>
>>64227267

oh wai-that's meteora

I guess you're right.
>>
>>64227247
You're right, you're a pretentious young adult who projects his insecurities about his younger self onto other people and tries to shame anyone who enjoys something that your younger 'edgier' self once enjoyed but 'grew out of'.

kys (knit your sweater)
>>
>>64227290
k senpai
>>
Weak bait thread aside, I genuinely think their early stuff (Hybrid Theory and Meteora) had some alright instrumentation. Take away the absolutely awful lyrical themes, put someone who isn't a complete fuckwit on the vocals, and they would be accepted /mu/core.
>>
No goys i think kiss is better
>>
I'm fucking sick of SEETHING armchair music casuals who have LITERALLY no idea about music commenting shit like LE REPLACE LINCOLN PARK AT 3
>>
>>64227366
literally wut
>>
>>64227366
the game
>>
>>64227403
>>64227421
>>>/b/
>>
File: 1457938358896.png (197 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1457938358896.png
197 KB, 294x256
>>64227366
wut
>>
File: lolwut_pear_meme.jpg (72 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
lolwut_pear_meme.jpg
72 KB, 500x557
>>64227366
>>
>>64227349
This.

Their first album was and is cringeworthy only in several aspects, namely edgy lyrics which are somewhat relatable, but are all vague as possible and are all about teenage rebellion against parents. The second aspect is Mike Shinoda with his rapping and sampling, who honestly should have killed himself long time ago.

However, Hybrid Theory is well produced, and most songs on it are worthy of being singles. The tunes are formulaic, but the production truly saves them. It doesn't introduce new things to rock, but it does the usual '90s Nirvana/Sonic Youth inspired thing very well, polishing it and packaging it to maximize its appeal.

As for the second record, it's also good, but towards the end it becomes unbearable whiny emo. And this what I truly hate in Meteora, for real.

After that, I didn't like any of their singles.
>>
>>64228403
Senpai the singles are the best tracks on their later albums
Top 5 from every post-Meteora album:
>Minutes to Midnight
Shadow of the Day, What I've Done, In Pieces, Leave Out All the Rest, Given Up
>A Thousand Suns
Waiting for the End, The Catalyst, Burning in the Skies, Blackout, Iridescent
>Living Things
In My Remains, Lost in the Echo, Powerless, Castle of Glass, I'll Be Gone
>The Hunting Party
Mark the Graves, Rebellion, Final Masquerade, Keys to the Kingdom, A Line in the Sand
13/20 are singles
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.