[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SIA the best mainstream pop star today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Maddie-Ziegler.jpg (26 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Maddie-Ziegler.jpg
26 KB, 612x380
This is an open question there is no wright or rong answers, is SIA the best (highest quality) artist when it comes to mainstream pop?
>>
>>64226858
you could definitely make that case, yeah.
>>
>>64226858
i really love her vocals on chandelier but haven't gone out of my way to give her an honest listen yet.
>>
>>64226858
depends what you define as mainstream.
kanye > sia
>>
>>64226858
>st (highest quality) art

or lowest possible standard for the masses
>>
>>64226858
Yes.
>>
>>64226858
No.
>>
>>64226858
great singles but her latest album is very underwhelming to say the least, her earlier output is much more interesting imo
>>
No. Also, featuring a young girl dancing around in a nude suit is pretty fucked. Beyond that, featuring a young girl dancing in a nude suit with an older man dancing with her is totally fucked up.
>>
>>64228598
>sexualizes girl who isn't being overtly sexualized
>gets mad because she's being sexualized

nice one senpai
>>
>>64228672

I'm not even getting into this fucking dumb argument. It just proves society is totally boned when there are people that don't take issue with a 28 year old man dancing around with a 12 year old girl. Just admit you want the AoC to be lowered already.
>>
>>64228721
their dancing isn't even remotely sexual mate. the meaning behind the song and thus the video is fairly overt. stop projecting your own desires on everyone else.
>>
>>64228598
>>64228721
youre an idiot. Maddie is a dancer. Thats what they wear. Youre the one making it fucked up. Its just a form of art and personally i think its amazing to watch.

Maddie is a natural talent

p cute too btw
>>
>>64228780
Id fuck her
>>
She doesn't come off as very confident.
>>
>>64228780
>>64228745

Dancing is sexual in the first place. A 28 year old man in his right mind would refuse to be cast in a role where he's rolling around with a 12 year old girl wearing a skin colored leotard.

>that's just what dancers wear!!!!!

Yeah, if they're trying to look nude. It would be pretty different if she was wearing a black leotard, but even that would still be putting too much pre-pubescent girl skin on camera.
>>
File: 1457518481371.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1457518481371.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>64228952
>Dancing is sexual in the first place.

>when you're lowkey a 16th century puritan on a modern day filipino arts and crafts board
>>
>>64228973

Jesus christ I should have known this wouldn't fly on /mu/. Go ahead, y'all can have your pedo-tinged music videos and meme rap. Faggots.
>>
>>64228952
>im not going to let my daughter do a positive, healthy hobby that she loves because its sexual!!!!

>im not going to let my daughter make millions of dollars for doing something shes passionate about because shes being sexualized!!!

dude its an innocent activity that normal people (apparently not you) dont see any problem with.

Are you an sjw or a bible thumper?

I really hope you dont have kids one day, it would probably turn into another "Virgin Suicides" situation.
>>
>>64228990
>faggots
>he hates the gays too

don't worry man you'll find your place among pic related
>>
>>64228780
Holy crap, /mu/ is now literally Youtube comment-tier
>>
File: 1458612466140-2.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2612) Image search: [Google]
1458612466140-2.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2612
I would argue that young Madison Ziegler is the best thing to happen to the pop music video since ever. The music is OK.
>>
>>64229054

LOL @ anyone that thinks dancing is a "positive, healthy hobby" bahahahahahaha 9 out of 10 dancers have some sort of body image issue at the least and full blown eating disorders at the most. It teaches little girls that art = competition + faux beauty, and that there's a lifespan on your dance career because you're an old maid at 30.

Once again /mu/ proves itself to be the center of the plebeian galaxy.
>>
>>64229414
>sports are not healthy
>competition is not healthy

I bet you were always picked last in gym class
>>
>>64229414
>9 out of 10 dancers have some sort of body image issue

source?
>>
>>64229466

Dancing is not a fucking sport. Teaching little kids that art = competition is not healthy.

Christ it's like /mu/ is just a bunch of 14 year olds.
>>
>>64229483

Source: living in the real world
>>
Mainstream pop is 90% trash so that wouldn't take much. I don't like her current style but she was dank with Zero 7 back in the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7EWtbSMVQQ
>>
>>64229499

>Source: living in the real world

what a great source since you implied that you are v grown up and we are ns grown up you must be right thanks
>>
>>64228524
me 2 desu. kills on wolves tho
>>
>>64229564

It doesn't even have to do with being grown up. It has to do with getting my head out of my ass long enough to see some realities instead of idealizing stupid bullshit like people have been doing for centuries. There is actually tasteful art out there if you look beyond what is shoved in front of your face.
>>
>>64229564

STOP ABBREVIATING VERY AND PRETTY YOU 17 Y/O TUMBLR VERMIN
>>
>>64228598
are you so thickly critical of 'the revenant' for its treatment of indians? its an artistic comment you fucking nob
>>
>>64229487
>>64229487

>Sport - an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

yeahhhhh, definitely a sport.
>>
>>64228952
watch more footloose faggot
>>
>>64229638
What do you mean by "artistic comment"? The purpose of art is not to make a comment on other art - also it's a pop video, a good one, but hardly art.
>>
>>64229414
>likes music
>doesn't like dancing

you played yourself
>>
>>64229659

Oh, one of the gayest fucking movies of all time??

>>64229638

Did you completely ignore the "competes against another or others for entertainment" part of that just to make your stupid non-point? It's an insult to athleticism to call dancing a sport - unless you're talking about cheerleading competitions.

>>64229700

Do I go to shows and dance around a little bit? Sure. Do I respect modern dance? Fuck no.
>>
File: CgiU5RlWwAEubJ3.jpg (29 KB, 600x314) Image search: [Google]
CgiU5RlWwAEubJ3.jpg
29 KB, 600x314
>>64229687
>The purpose of art is not to make a comment on other art

art more doofus.
>>
>>64229750
are you a retard? you've really never heard of dance competitions? Maddie's own show is exactly that. they compete against each other moron
>>
>>64229750
Dance is superior to sport (an insult to athleticism? as if dance isn't incredibly athletic) in that it's the only sport that is about aesthetic.
>>
>>64229868
I guess you are talking about shitty modern art, where dry, thoughtless "comments" on things passes for something meaningful, merely for having the label Art slapped on it.
>>
>>64229750
im telling you to watch footloose as an allusion-- given that you function very much like the narrow minded antagonists in the film.

but again, your inability to parse through identity and meaning and intent, as previously evidenced by your inability to grasp the evident thrust of the sia video, shows you are probably autistic. enjoy playing w/bugs and yammering on about what you think art is.
>>
>>64229870

Yes, I have heard of those. That's why I said something about cheerleading competitions. It's not dance, it's gymnastics.

>>64229872

>muh aesthetic

>>64229963

Holy shit are you a pretentious twat. You can have all your haute arte to yourself. Keep trying to string as many SAT words together as possible in order to describe uninspired performances.
>>
>>64229997
they both exist and are two separate entities. dancers and cheerleaders both compete against each other respectively
>>
>>64229920
you miss out on what's interesting and beautiful because you've already begged the question and categorized it as non-art, or bad art.

i still can't believe you typed 'the purpose of art is not to make a comment on other art'. its the perfect bon mot of ignorance and arrogance.
>>
>>64230120
Are you really suggesting that there should be no discernment between what is and isn't art? I hope you realize what a stupid comment that is. What can be and can not be categorized as art has already been determined by centuries of people (by the way, people who are much more intelligent and knowledgeable than you or I) making and studying art. The worthless nonsense that is passed as art and that you lap up has nothing to do with it; it does, however, have everything to do with money and it's ultimately money which decides what people like you will consider art.
>>
File: blue.jpg (43 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
43 KB, 386x386
I think she is yeah. 1000 Forms of Fear is a great album.
Knowing what's she's been through, (tragic story of how her boyfriend died and she basically turned to alcohol and drugs.)
Her older music is very painful and personal and I personally love it.
I think she's a godsend for mainstream pop music today. But that's just my opinion.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.