[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waifu-core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
What is essential /mu/ waifu-core?

I don't know why, but I've really gotten into artists/bands with attractive female lead vocals

my /mu/ approved faves

CHVRCHES
Sky Fereirra
St. Vincent
Bjork
Carly Rae (maybe?)
Grimes

non /mu/ faves

Tay-Tay
Regina Spektor (kinda gross though)
Florence and the Machine
>>
>>64225487
>Carly Rae (maybe?)
>(maybe?)
What did he mean by this?

Cute Sky pic btw
>>
File: KATE7.jpg (166 KB, 833x1280) Image search: [Google]
KATE7.jpg
166 KB, 833x1280
I claim Kate
>>
Angel Olsen
Melody's Echo Chamber
Meg Myers

top tier
>>
>>64225487
Sleigh Bells?
>>
>>64225778
I just don't see her discussed as often. Emotion was one of my top pop albums of 2015 though. It's a shame mu isnt as big into her
>>
>>64226049
>It's a shame mu isnt as big into her
They are tough I see a Carly thread atleast once a week
>>
Crystal Castles obviously, but they've fallen off in recent years
>>
>>64225487
Mine is Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift.
>>
File: 1.jpg (591 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
591 KB, 1200x675
>>64225487
The holy trio is Bjork, Grimes and St. Vincent
>>
>>64225487
shes so hot
>>
>>64226918
No.
The Four Warriors of Light are Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, AURORA and Lauren Mayberry.
>>
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 1000x622) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 1000x622
Lovelyz
>>
>>64226963
In terms of beauty, you're probably right
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 773x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 773x617
PJ, Bjork and Tori are the holy trinity.
>>
how come no one has mentioned Marina and the Diamonds?
>>
>>64226963
>aurora
>worth 2 shits waifu-wise or music-wise
literally pick one
>>
>>64227012
The 90s trinity. Things changed since then.
>>
>>64227147
Not really. PJ and Bjork still put out better material than any of these modern waifus
>>
>>64227151
Vulnicura, Biophilia, Let England Shake, Hope Demolition Six Project (PJ's latest album) are no better than Visions, Art Angels, Strange Mercy, St. Vincent. Bjork and PJ Harvey are past their prime musically.
>>
>>64227295
Holy shit. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
>>
>>64227312
No properly good songs on all those first 4 albums. Artistic? Yes. Enjoyable? Less.
>>
>>64227359
Biophilia while a weak Bjork album is miles better than anything grimes has ever released. PJs latest album is fantastic, I'm sure you just listened to it once and shoved it off because stereogum told you what to think of it. Vulnicura and LES are some of the best albums released by PJ and Bjork, and hold up to their most stand out material from the 90s.
>>
>>64226925

too bad she's gonna look like shit by the time she hits 30
>>
>>64227020
no one listens to her only stares at her tits
>>
Do not forget Aurora
>>
>>64227392
>Biophilia while a weak Bjork album is miles better than anything grimes has ever released.
Just because it was made by Bjork? Please...

Sorry, but I just don't like these albums. Too meandering, too much musical wanking and no good songs. Compare them with their earlier work and see the difference. Would you attend a show of them where they would exclusively perform new songs and no oldies?

I understand your opinion though. You seem like a rabid fan of Bjork and PJ Harvey.
>>
Hope Sandoval.
>>
>>64225487
>Liking heroin addicts
>>
File: Anna-Calvi-007.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Anna-Calvi-007.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
Anna Calvi desu senpai
>>
Purity Ring
>>
>>64227519
No because it's still a great album. Something Grimes has yet to release.
Wanking? On Hope Six? You're joking right? PJs songwriting is super contained and the songs don't meander at all. In fact there is more meandering on LES and it's a better album because of it. I'd argue to say there is more meandering on To Bring You My Love than Hope Six.
Also, I would absolutely attend a show of Bjorks or Pjs where they performed mostly new material, as its some of their best.
>>
>>64227568
>No because it's still a great album. Something Grimes has yet to release.
Except that Grimes already released at least 3 great albums: Halfaxa, Visions and Art Angels. All these 3 were also very warmly received by critics.
>>
>>64228592
>critics
There's your problem.
The only "good" album there is Halfaxa. Visions is average with incredibly mediocre compositional elements and Art Angels is awful and sounds like cotton candy tastes.
>>
Booy problems, who got 'em?

Fuuucking love Carly Rae
>>
File: charli-xcx-2016-new-music.png (301 KB, 807x649) Image search: [Google]
charli-xcx-2016-new-music.png
301 KB, 807x649
>>64226963
Behold, the one true priestess
Fap in awe as she looks unto you
>>
>>64228651
It happened that those critics opinions aligned with my opinions. I would say that those albums are great even if the critics absolutely hated them.

You're completely wrong about her albums. I dare to say that you don't even like catchy music. That's ok, people don't have identical taste in music.
>>
bjork is a great waifu and i'm happy so many people on /mu/ agree
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.