[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Kiss could never hope to be as great of a band as the Beatles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Gene Simmons.jpg (91 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Gene Simmons.jpg
91 KB, 720x405
"Kiss could never hope to be as great of a band as the Beatles. We can't touch Lennon and McCartney as songwriters and I can't sing as good as them. But John Lennon would die if he had to stand on stage in 6 inch platform boots and Paul McCartney can't stick out his tongue and breathe fire, so there."
>>
>>64223229
RIP
>>
Damn
>>
beatles may have made better music but kiss put on a better show

gene may be a douche but everything he says is true
>>
can't wait until gene simmons is dead
>>
he is genuinely unfiltered. His words are his thoughts.

I find that very admirable. If the world knew my thoughts I'd seem like an asshole too.
>>
>>64223249
Shit, the Beatles didn't even do shows period after 1966.
>>
>>64223360
I forgot about that.
>>
>>64223229
Can't says he's not lying if we're being honest here and j hate gene simmons
>>
>>64223229

He'll be fine
>>
>>64223229
Kiss can't hope to be as great of a band as any band
>>
>>64223727
He'll probably last to like 95 or something. I thought his mother is still living and she's like 90+.

Paul Stanley is more likely to go first since he's looking pretty run-down these days (you should hear how horrible his voice is now).
>>
it was a thread like this that killed Lemmy
>>
If you go down the list of dadrockers, most of them have grown up a lot and matured in their outlook on life. Eg. Ozzy, Nikki Sixx, James Hetfield...they've all grown out of teenager angst a long time ago. Gene Simmons though, shit this guy is a perma-12 year old.
>>
>>64223729
Still better than Nickelback.
>>
>>64223241
I wish
>>
>66 years old
>still talking about the beatles
hell be fine
>>
>>64223293
you shouldn't find it admirable, it is the behaviour of an asshole

good speech is filtered, distilled, carefully concocted and crafted
>>
>>64224716

Not according to him or Trump or Kanye

And look at the money and women they have (had in Simmons case)
>>
>>64224676
this is such a bad post, why did i laugh
>>
>>64223360
>>64223662
all their shows after they hit it big sucked anyway cause you couldn't hear over the screaming, and the band couldn't even hear each other. so no drum fills or anything like on the records.
>>
omg why he didnt just get fine or something?
>>
The greatest Kiss show ever was probably Rio De Janerio '83 which had 250,000 people attending and stands as the band's all-time concert attendance record.
>>
>>64224631
I'd take nickelback over kiss
>>
>>64224716
I want the PC Police to leave.
>>
But I don't think Paul or Ringo would support somebody like Trump, and I'm pretty sure that's who Chaim Witz will be voting for. (Hey, he WAS on The Apprentice, so I don't think he's gonna turn his back on The Donald)
>>
>>64224716
>good speech is filtered, distilled, carefully concocted and crafted
kek
>>
>>64225216

Nah, their early stuff is quite good. But then the 80s hit and they turned to shit. A fate that befell a lot of 70s rock bands.
>>
>>64223229
I don't really like Kiss but at least they don't pretend to be something they aren't. I think they know that it was all about the image.
>>
Filthy pirates...
>>
>>64224716
people should be unfiltered. in this fake world we live in dictated by internet facades it is admirable that one would say whatever they want despite whiny faggots, minorities and white pussies like you saying we need filter our speech and raking honest people over the coals. difference is what allows growth. adversity is what allows new ideas to flourish. carefully filtering language is lying, the biggest disservice one could do to themselves in this world where we're commodified and sold scams via one another everyday. individuality, read: honesty, breaks this cycle and allows for discussion. learning to become constructive about what you disagree with and pursue action rather than outrage is the greatest favor we could lend to art and intellectuality, as it would stimulate discussion rather than unnecessary reactionary violence.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.