[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post a meme you don't get and an album you don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
Post a meme you don't get and an album you don't get (can be 2 in 1 if it's something like ITAOTS) and other /mu/tants will explain them to you

>meme: pic related
>album: Loveless
>>
>>64219291
i don't get that meme either

guess i'm not autistic enough
>>
>>64219291
sung tongs imo
>>
>>64219291
for some reason tylo be chillin is the funniest meme because you can say it for literally any scenario

>whats youre favorite album
>probably tylo be chillin

>why dont you have a gf
>probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>64219291
>an album you don't get

No such thing for me. I make up my mind about whether to listen to a song after 30 seconds of probing it. If it's exceptionally good, I'll want to listen to it on repeat for the rest of the day. If it's not exceptionally good, it's not worth my time. At the end of the day, I might listen to another song or two from the album. It might turn out to be great... and so on. But I don't try to 'get' records because a record should hit you immediately with the writers' skill. 'Clickers' are just albums who expect you to degenerate your taste e.g. by coming to consider melody-less droning music.
>>
>>64219306
what is THIS meme?
>>
I don't get JUST and I don't get why people who aren't pedophiles want to listen to sotos
>>
>>64219291
>meme: that new one about chum chum
>album: any thing by joanna newsome. bjork too. their voices are really grating.
>>
>>64219409
fresh new meme
>>
>>64219442
Meme: someone shitposted that they wanted more music like Fanboy and Chum Chum theme, someone said Painting With, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense but w/e
Music: not sure about Bork but Joanna's appeal is basically how she paints pictures with her lyrics and has an interesting and novel voice. She also is a talented harp player and her arrangements are really good.
>>
>>64219491
it's not as spicy as Atom Heart Mother, tho
that's a meme now, apparently
>>
>>64219291
Listen to it more
>>64219306
Listen to it more
>>64219442
Don't know about Johanna, but Bjork is just alright, nothing that amazing, great voice though
>>
>Jason Aldean
>Any vaporwave
>>
>Meme: Slint and "Mama Mia"
>Album: Albert Ayler - Spiritual Unity
>>
>>64219528
sung tongs imo
>>
I love how the mods literally banned ONE person and pretty much ALL the Fanboy & Chum Chum spam stopped happening.

>>64219588
But yeah I'd say this. I don't mind it (it's an eh album) but I wonder where it came from.
>>
>>64219571
I wish i could describe what I like about vaporwave. All I can recommend is try to listen to the recommended stuff and know the genre has come a long way since Floral Shoppe. https://youtu.be/DUZnO3lbMNw Espirit usually clicks with a lot of people.

>>64219442
> their voices are really grating.
For you. It's a personal preference thing, just like with jeff Mangum's voice.
>>
>>64219427
this, I don't understand the JUST meme
>>
>>64219653
Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>64219563
>Listen to it more
This is why these threads are terrible because every answer boils down to "listen to it more"

Jesus people not every album you hear is going to be an instant 10/10 favorite the first time you listen to it. Have some fucking patience

>>64219427
>I don't get why people who aren't pedophiles want to listen to sotos
The same reason why people who aren't suicidal want to listen to Giles Corey. People are fascinated and entertained by suffering.
>>
>>64219653
"Just fuck my career up" - Anon on Brendan Fraser
>>
>haha long boy

I actually get all the albums I enjoy. But seriosuly, what is this avant-meme long boy? Idgi.
>>
>>64219653
correct me if i'm wrong but i think JUST is more of a /tv/ meme than /mu/
>>
>>64219291
this meme is a great enigma that i feel i one day will understand
>>
>>64219291
>Meme: MAMMA MIA
>Album: Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
>>
>>64219291
>meme
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>64219378
>implying that your baseline taste is good.
>>
big moe?
>>
>>64219291
I still don't understand the fanboy and chum chum meme

I usually get most albums with a few big exceptions so far:
I love post rock but I just don't "get" soundtracks for the blind, and I don't get to pimp a butterfly at all and can barely finish it once.
>>
>>64220736
>I still don't understand the fanboy and chum chum meme
some guy made a thread where he asked for more songs like the fanboy and chum chum themesong and people were like "le wtf so randum xDD" and there was really only one reply that made the thread worth it now the op of that thread is trying to make a meme but no on cares
>>
>>64219899
So... no one?
>>
>>64220736
>>64220790
Probably inspired by the Rugrats Theme song meme where everyone compared Painting With to the Rugrats Theme song (as well Daydream Nation with the Pepper Ann Theme song)
>>
>>64219899
basically some dude made a list of how to ironic memes or something and one of them was msging your friend with a cylinder with the text haha long boy

like most memes it's completely retarded
>>
>>64220940
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/long-boy
>>
>>64219899
>>64220800
the fifth layer of irony
>>
So... Is anyone going to explain the PROBABLY TYLO BE CHILLIN one?????
>>
File: Marquee Moon.jpg (63 KB, 589x600) Image search: [Google]
Marquee Moon.jpg
63 KB, 589x600
I don't get the 'band has two drummers' meme. Or maybe I do. Drums and lots of drums give the song an african village primitive sound, and would pique the interest of a primitive spongebob. Otherwise I don't get it at all and would like to be explained.

I also don't get this. It sounds typical 70s guitar rock but with more organized guitars, and considering prog rock existed beforehand, I'm not sure how that's a big deal.
>>
>>64221067
There's a fat white rapper called Tylo Be Chillin' and some idiot added in Probably Tylo Be Chillin' since the name sounded so ridiculous
>>
>>64221153
there's no way that's true
>>
>>64222355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqrjAxGuEA
>>
File: greenmeme.jpg (42 KB, 599x461) Image search: [Google]
greenmeme.jpg
42 KB, 599x461
redpill me on this meme
>>
>>64219427
JUST is the shortened version of just fuck my shit up which started with a picture of some dentist with a fucked up haircut, which was then shopped onto a picture of Brendan Frasier after he ended up having to pay his ex-wife a ridiculous amount in alimony.

Peter Sotos actually shows some of the dark sides of humanity to people who might not often think about it. He gives a healthy dose of grim reality.
>>
>>64222509
School shooter meme
>>
File: image.png (111 KB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111 KB, 388x218
>tylo be chillin
let me explain this meme for you

>tripfag posts tylo be chillin
>he continues to respond himself (samefagging) every minute
>/v/ retards see this and think its live responses from unique ip addresses
>they dont know why its funny, they are just bandwagon hopping so they just reply to it l
>now the tripfag doesnt have to respond to himself anymore because a bunch of autists are now doing it the birth of a forced unfunny meme
>>
Why the fuck do people like the goofy man meme and why the FUCK do people like the Gone With the Wind OST it sounds like right fucking garbage LMAO
>>
>>64219747
>anon
It was a black twitter meme for ages before 4chan latched onto it, I have no idea why. It's really indicative that 4chans "tastemaker" status for memes died a long time ago
>>
>meme
>brandon
>album
>anything by bojrk
>>
File: pauldano.jpg (51 KB, 463x509) Image search: [Google]
pauldano.jpg
51 KB, 463x509
MPP
>>
>>64219306
eat some mushrooms and that album will change your fucking life
>>
>>64219378
some concepts are a little harder to grasp, all this says to me is you dont have enough of an open mind to give an artist a chance to show you something unconventional
>>
>>64222826
Classic
>>
>>64222826
Classic meme (shaking my head) (to be honest)
>>
I don't get why people post Ian Curtis with Interpol lyrics or Paul Banks with JD lyrics.

I also don't really understand the hype around Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
>DJ Aaron Ellis

>Stars of the Lid - The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
>>
File: poseurcore.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
Pic related for meme. I have never seen anyone get pompous about these albums - the only really pompous people are see (that aren't just shitposting ironically) are the "muh music theory" and the "muh Classical / Jazz only" people.

As for albums, I really do not understand why Ape of Naples is considered so great. It has a few great tracks, but a couple really suck as well.
>>
File: good morning good night.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
good morning good night.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
I don't understand TRUE HERMETIC DEEP ROCK. I also don't understand what the fuck this thing is. It's like listening to nothing with the occasional jump scare.
>>
>>64222939
stars of the lid is truly music for the tired. it's that calming feeling you get when you think youre about to fall asleep and you start to take heavier slower breaths

>>64223017
it's just a continuation of the avant teen meme. there are people here who do only like those albums because they want to seem different though
>>
>>64223017
All of those albums are RYMcore that is worshipped on /daily/, a general thread that is disliked for its members' seeming avant-teen postures.
>>
>>64223190
Doesn't stop it from coming off as insanely pretentious and still being incredibly boring though
>>
>>64223227
>pretentious

literally nothing about it tries to be "smarter" than it is. it doesn't try to invent something that hasnt been done before
>>
>>64223599
It uses the ridiculously unrelated song titles to give itself a "dude so deep dying mother lmoa" image that just comes off as so fucking obnoxious
>>
>>64223682
that's what you're hung up about? that's such a dumb thing to base a judgment on an album off of
>>
>>64219291
It's just a joke rapper name. It's like a parody of "Tyler the Creator". That's why it's funny. because it sounds like a silly made up rapper name
>>
>>64221108
Band Has Two Drummers started in those threads where you post cliches that bug you in an album, like having a track fade out and then in again or whatever. Someone posted "band has two drummers" with the cavesponge picture and people just found it funny because it's such a strange thing to get annoyed by, and the reaction image doesn't really convey any specific emotion so the post was just bizarre and funny at the same time.
TLDR /mu/ being retarded.
>>
>>64223713
No, it's that plus how mundane and boring their music is
>>
>>64223037
That album

And I don't get why teenage girls on twitter reply to thinks they don't like with "fat" online
>>
>>64222826
He supposedly posted on /tv/ once but denied being himself when someone guessed. Someone just said that was classic Paul Dano and the meme just happened.
>>
File: lil-yachty-lil-boat.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lil-yachty-lil-boat.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
"proge mon is the best trip"
I just don't get it
>>
>>64219378
>melody-less droning music
holy fuck you are the ultimate pleb
>>
>>64219291
>maga

>unknown pleasures
>>
>>64222893
>you dont have enough of an open mind to give an artist a chance to show you something unconventional

When you're older, you'll notice that claims of lacking an 'open mind' are, beside /pol/ and /x/ crackpots, used by pseudoartists trying to peddle their lazy artistic efforts. 'It's not literally random buzzing, you just need an open mind.'

In fact, your mindset is harmful for truly creative artists. If I stop to listen to any hack I see, I'll have no time left to seek and listen to true musicians, and I won't have a chance to recommend them to other people either. So it's the true artists that lose because of your misguided, short-sighted empathy.
>>
>>64227912
>>64222893
Besides, you're (as is typical) elevating a shitty concept to the label of 'difficult concept'. No, your lazy, incoherent, unmelodic song is not 'difficult', it's just bad.
>>
>>64225408
>it's not a meme
>>
>>64219291
>meme I don't understand
This fucking board. I can't tell if you faggots like things ironically or unironically half the time. I know that people have different tastes but there is literally no way to differentiate between shitposting and actual opinions on this board sometimes because the opinions are that fucking stupid.
>>
>>64228288
liturgy - the heeeeey work
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.