[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to listen to this, what should I expect? Also general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Spirit.jpg (150 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Spirit.jpg
150 KB, 1000x1000
About to listen to this, what should I expect?
Also general opinions on this album, I want to get into what Animal Collective is all about.
>>
It was totally different from what I was expecting when I first listened to it. Anyway it's wild and the drumming is awesome. Overall a unique and interesting ride

I'm not a huge Anco fan but I still come back to this record every here and there
>>
Make sure you turn the volume up all the way on the first track they fucked the mixing on it and it's really hard to hear for some reason, especially the vocals besides that it's great
>>
white noise and a fantastic album, you won't like it however and you'll probably shitpost about it halfway into the album
>>
earrape and literal faggotry

seriously though, you can't deny it's true
>>
that was my first anco album and it got me hooked. If the first track is horrible to you just know that's not what the whole album is like.
>>
Alvin Row is a masterpiece, one of my favorite AnCo songs.
>>
>>64215712
top kek
>>
File: 1450487343482.gif (688 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1450487343482.gif
688 KB, 200x150
>>64215670
the best neo-psychedelia of the 2000s

judging on how wide your music palette is it might be a little difficult to digest at first

personally my favorite anco record
>>
It's a pretty good piece of noise pop, and by noise pop, I don't mean in the shoegazy sense, as he actually used feedback loops for the noise. There are some great moment s of surreal juxtaposition of noise and more traditional Pop music and some great drumming. It's a good album.
>>
turn treble on max and max volume right at the start
>>
>>64215730
fucking pleb
>>
The best Anco album.

The conditions must be right though:
>I view it as a winter album
>know that Avey and Panda were 19 when this was recorded
>know that Avey is better than panda, hence why he practically wrote this whole album
>think of faeries and creepy hansel and gretel-type stories and the whole motif of "growing up" will make sense
>>
>>64215973
I like the first track but if the guy's never heard it before its gonna be pretty jarring die
>>
Best AnCo Album, one of the best albums ever made
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.