[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has truly settled. What did you think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: cover-1-1-1.jpg (269 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cover-1-1-1.jpg
269 KB, 900x900
Now that the dust has truly settled. What did you think of this album?
>>
It sounds like Fanboy and Chum Chum
>>
>>64213818
cum
>>
>>64213818
no one want to talk about chum fuck, fuck off
>>
It sucks. /thread
>>
>>64213818
No real lasting value. Decent album to listen to but nothing stands out to me. It all sounds a bit indistinct and similar
>>
>>64213823
fanboy and cum cum amirite
>>
>>64213822
I don't get this meme
>>
It isn't as bad as people say
>>
>>64213818
Best album cover of 1016
>>
It's AnCo's TKOL... imo not nearly as good as anything they did between 04 and 09
>>
Fanboy and Chum Chum-core
>>
Solid album and I listen to this more often than any other album since it was released.

Not bored of it yet; because it's so well rounded and clean of anything stupid sounding it works really well as an album I can come back to.

Most replayable album i know.

Energetic too but lacks a lot of the experimental stuff they do. Thats the only negative thing i can think of
>>
>>64213895
The theme song to Fanboy and Chum Chum literally sounds like Painting With and AnCo in general.
>>
literarly could not sit through FLORIDIAIADIDAIADADIADIADIADIADIADADIADIADIAJKOFINIKFJNLKNJJNK JPOIKJ FWHRKFSDULJKNF SIOUKLWJITS SHIT ITS HSIT SITSTISTSHTSTISHTISTHI SS ITSTHTIS HTIS HTSHTS HT SSS ITS SHIT ! B A D S SH SI T SIHT D: D:D:D:D';D;'D:"DD:"D:"D';D';D;'D;'D;'D;D';'DD:"

deak was ok tho
>>
>FANBOY CHUMCHUM XXXXXDDDDD
I hate this board
>>
It's honestly Fanboy and Chum Chum-core desu
>>
>FAN BOY AND CHUM CHUM GUISE
I fucking hate this board
>>
>>64213936
Listening to it I actually got a few Sung Tongs and Feels vibes. But instrumentally its a lot like Painting With.

Its complete shit tho
>>
>>64213936
What the fuck is fanboy and chum chum
>>
>>64213992
>>64214195
i zinc u r the same person :)
>>
>>64213818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwPmzIF3eUs
>>
>>64214605
You zinc wrong
>>
>>64214595
a cartoon.
>>
>>64214627
I don't hear the similarities
>>
if this fanboy and chum chum meme is what it takes to end the praise on this album this fuck yes im all for it.
>>
The dust has settled for weeks. It's still bad.
>>
>>64214669
>a kids cartoon that came out in 2009 and everyone here knows the theme song

Are you fucking kidding me /mu/?
>>
It was a good album, just not the record I think a lot of people wanted to hear. I heard it performed live and now appreciate it a lot more due to how tightly and intricately it was performed. A lot of the creative decisions made for the album are controversial to long time fans how fail to see the comedy in some of their music. But I really like it it's like a psychedelic cartoon... in a good way
>>
>>64213822
this
>>
I really like this album, i'm hoping it remains that way but i might get bored of it. Right now though i sing every song in my head all day. The Burglars is a revelation for me, i love the progression of the song, the infliction in the voices, the energy and the lyrics are pretty fun too. It's the future of pop.
>>
>>64213818
Well, I still think I like it better than CHz, but only just. It hasn't had a lot of replay value for me because it's so stripped down relative to a lot of their other records, not to mention its short run time. And while the call-and-response vocals Avey and Panda do may work on any given track, I really don't think it was interesting enough to largely build the album upon. I also understand that the AnCo members are getting older and maturing and can't be expected to perpetuate the coming-of-age themes prevalent in a lot of their past work, but I really don't think they've replaced those themes with others equally affecting on this album. With all of that said, I enjoy it for what it is - a short, sweet, immediate, and slightly off-kilter electropop album.
>>
>>64213818
Anco is total shite
>>
>>64214687
how could you fucking not
>>
File: fanboy and chum chum.png (343 KB, 783x501) Image search: [Google]
fanboy and chum chum.png
343 KB, 783x501
>>64214724
is there an issue
>>
>/mu/ stops posting animal collective threads because they realized they sound like a theme song for retarded children

thanks god I never thought this day would come
>>
>>64214687
It's whimsical, that's about it. You have to understand 80 percent of people on this board don't understand what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
It's fun
>>
>>64215671
>djentshareguy
>djent
>shareguy
>DJENT
>calling anything shit

you're a fuckin joke mate
>>
>>64215697
Cause I am not deaf
>>
>>64215914
it literally sounds like AnCo Painting With
>>
>>64215761
Except none of their stuff with the exception of Painting With sounds like cartoon kid music
>>
I'm retarded and gay
>>
>>64215889
>getting trolled by djentspammer
>>
>>64213822
i forgot that show existed holy fuck
>>
>>64215761
Yeah I really liked the part in the theme with the static and the acoustic guitars came out
>>
>>64215761
> this meme proves people have never actually listened to their discogrophy
>>
>avey tare broke my legs
>no more runnin
>>
>>64213936
So does music from Rugrats
>>
>>64215953
>strawberry jam
>fall be kind
>centipede hz
>honeycomb
>do not sound like cartoon music
>>
Songwriting is fairly weak throughout with a few good spots and a couple great bits spread throughout. Lyrically most of the panda songs are some of his weakest yet, avey's are pretty good though. aesthetically it just sounds like a dry version of water curses.

overal6-7/10

also it is insane how much it sounds like that fanboy and chum chum song like what the fuck. legit though I feel like the melody in the theme song would have made one of the best on the album.
>>
File: 1305598197027.jpg (79 KB, 1068x600) Image search: [Google]
1305598197027.jpg
79 KB, 1068x600
>>64215953
All their music sounds as if it was either made by or for kids.
>>
>>64216497
no fuck off
>>
>>64216526
>>64216570
You guys are trying too hard
>>
>>64216526
What the fuck are you talking about
>>64216570
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>64214627
I don't know why, but after watching this, I have such an intense, visceral hate for it. I can't explain it but this may be one of the worst, most obnoxious things I've ever fucking seen in my life. This makes me wish we lost WWII, because at least then it's extremely unlikely that this godawful monstrosity would exist
>>
>>64216526
>>64216570
Too obvious bait
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.