[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: trevor.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
trevor.jpg
203 KB, 1024x1024
I thought so far away is an 8/10, but I think he is pretty good
>>
I liked it 7/10
He didnt need to do so much covers
>>
BUMP

The whole new retro wave thing gets snubbed here most of his stuff is good. Vhs glitch Is pretty dope too. And timecop as well..
>>
I know at least vhs glitch may be using tangible synths. Finding artists that do that and or can afford it ioccasion.rare now and days. Mdst artists are building their synths through soft engines its nice to hear the real thing still being released.
>>
I know at least vhs glitch may be using tangible synths. Finding artists that do that and or can afford it is a.rare event now and days. Mdst artists are building their synths through soft engines its nice to hear that original sounds are still being designed and released.
>>
File: a4160089833_10.jpg (209 KB, 915x915) Image search: [Google]
a4160089833_10.jpg
209 KB, 915x915
>>64212227
>>64212299
I always try to get into VHS Glitch, but something is always lacking in his music.

One artist who's totally underappreciated though is Judge Bitch. He hasn't put out something in a long time, but what he put out is phenomenal.
>>
>>64212227
it gets snubbed because most people have shitty taste in synthwave
95% of the time its usually a carpenter brut or pertubator rip off that gets posted
>>
>>64212410
Vocals are usually the missing link... Thats the thing about new retro wave most of the songs are vocaless even a vocoder can do it. Ill check this guy out thanx for the rec.
>>
>>64212624
No it's not the vocals, cause I hate vocals in my synthwave (exept for a few tracks).
>>
>>64212624
Vocals need to stay out of synthwave unless female
>>
>>64212624
>>64212719

The vocals are great
The lyrics are off, 9 times out of 10 its about fucking some chick
>>
>>64212678
Anyone from the U.S. thats picking up traction in synthwave or even making it anymore? It seems like spinnin records is finally band wagoning on this genre.
>>
>>64212741
Its a awkward genre to write lyrics to. Even when attempting to not to be candy ass in the lyrics the melody tends to lead that way.
>>
>>64212719
This. Carpenter Brut's Anarchy Road has godly male vocals though.

>>64212746
Chack out GosT and Dan Terminus, saw them live a few weeks ago. Totally outshone Perturbators performance.
>>
>>64212809
Its not awkward, its just hard finding that right sound
D/A/D already perfected it, while also creating the pinnacle of the genre
>>
File: editt.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
editt.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
why is this stuff called vhs glitch when it's not glitch at all
>>
>>64212869
Name me somebody pre 1990 that hasnt done it better.
>>
>>64212942
Lets go there, all the thomas dolby instrumentals, kashif, kano, gene dunlap, heaven 17, fun fun. Most are llyrically love or club based it accompanies the sound.
>>
>>64213027
Theres a thin line between the likes of the classic sound that the cars and others alike went to build, and all of the, funk bands, general caine, george duke, zapp, atlantic star, sos sound, italo disco included as well.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.