[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what exactly was the point of them releasing the lyrics early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 1424925947629.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1424925947629.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
what exactly was the point of them releasing the lyrics early? it would make sense if stefan was writing poems like Joanna Newsom then it would work on it's own but it's literally nonsensical and has no impact on the reader.
>>
thats the point tho
>>
>>64211441
thats the point
>>
>>64211441
there is no bottomless pit

bottomless pit is anthony fantano reading the lyrics

death grips 2.0
>>
To prove people will start making conclusions about something when they only have a piece of a much larger whole.
>>
I know I'm getting some Dostoevskian Ride on this next album, senpai
>>
>>64211486
>>64211507
>>64211753
death grips fans are such homos. if stefan released a pic of his asshole half way done dropping a turd there would be some meaning behind it that they'll have at the ready in case someone says its a stupid idea.
>>
>>64211441
a lot of stuff they do makes no sense. just go with the flow and stop caring so much
>>64211615
streaming 7:30 pm EST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py975bActJY
>>
>>64211441
They want us to make bottomless pit.
>>
>>64211441
where are the lyrics?

what did I miss
>>
>>64211441
nonsensical in what way? its not a simple linear story? does finnegans wake have no impact on the reader?
>>
>>64211886
http://thirdworlds.net/bottomless-pit-lyrics.zip
>>
>>64211886
http://thirdworlds.net/pit.php

fantano reads them tonight dont miss it ;^^^^^^)
>>
>>64211441
Because they're essentially forcing the fans to read the lyrics before they've even heard a sound. On the back cover of BP it says "very shallow listening", by reading the lyrics before listening you're forced to acknowledge what the song might possibly be about, though Stefans lyrics are more incoherent ramblings than anything else.
>>
>>64211887
really faggot you read those lyrics and felt something?

>comparing joyce to fucking death grips

these fans i fucking swear
>>
I feel like BP could be a return to form for these guys, i haven't really been feeling their stuff since Govt Plates.

Lyrics gave me hope for another ExM/TMS/NLDW
>>
>>64211994
Who the fuck are you to decide how another person interprets lyrics? God forbid someone enjoys something you don't like. This board I swear.
>>
>>64212024
did you even listen to Hot Head? That's the overall direction this album is headed in. Not even remotely similar to a "return to form".
>>
>>64212024
Gov Plates and NotM are their best work, closely followed by Jenny Death you fucking pleb.
>>
>>64211994
shits like all subjective and shit man buddy
>>
>>64212056
Lmao
>>
>>64212052
its not like death grips have ever had a song on an album that sounds different to every other song on the album
>>
>we release trash because we know nothing lasts forever
>>
>>64212056
>>64212080
I fucking hate this board.

>my taste is objective
>no my taste is objectively correct!
>No! MY taste is objectively correct!
>LMAO @ UR TASTE PLEB

There's a reason why you losers are music fans and not actual musicians.
>>
>>64212117
I was lmaoing at him deciding his tastes were objectively good u fucking spergmachine
>>
>>64212098
on their last tour they played 40 minutes worth of new material that sounded eerily similar to Hot Head before every show, just more jumbled and sped up. I think it's safe to assume those were demos of BP mashed together.
>>
>>64212080
>>64212117
>>64212143
all me :^)
>>
because stefan thinks he's better than he is? he released a website of his shitty paintings and thinks his lyrics work as a standalone piece. inflated ego
>>
>>64212181
Yes, that's it. I mean besides the fact that he stays out of the limelight as much as possible and is uncomfortable doing interviews.
>>
>>64211441
It hasn't been done before.
Well it probably has, but it's still pretty cool.

I'm surprised none of the tracks are instrumental. Looks like they're going out all again like with NLDW, just even trippier
>>
>>64212181
Jesus christ

death grips do shit like this all the time in the run ups to album releases

it was done to drum up interest and hype not because Stefan has an ego lmao what the fuck

Also his paintings are pretty cool imo or at least the few I've seen
>>
>>64212181
>he released paintings that you think are shitty

ftfy

>>64212216
if he had an inflated ego, wouldn't he stay in the limelight and do interviews? I mean, what the fuck?
>>
>>64211441
>it's literally nonsensical and has no impact on the reader
Abject retardedness of this statement aside, from reading it you can get a small sense of what the rhythm and structure will be like.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.