[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will today's generation be the first without a flagship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Musician from Sabbat.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Musician from Sabbat.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
Will today's generation be the first without a flagship band/artist?

If it does, then who are they?
>>
>>64210812
there's plenty...........
do you live under a rock?
>>
>>64210812

Death Grips

best punk band of last 10 years
>>
>>64210836
No. I just thought that this generation didn't have any due to most people having a diverse music taste and with the internet driving that force.
>>
>>64210947
How?
>>
>>64211237
I go to college and majority love
drake
the weeknd
tame impala
major lazer/diplo/skrillex
Arctic monkeys
Animal collective
21 pilots
you could also insert the warped tour and country fans

honestly majority ppl don't have diverse taste its just they namedrop bands that maybe liked a song from and consider themselves fans. which imo doesn't count
>>
Yup Kendrick
>>
>>64211492
None of those are loved by massive groups of people like bands before were . Besides America is not the world. No one knows half of those outside of Anglo shits
>>
>>64211492
I can somewhat see Twenty One Pilots as a nominee for the flagship based on their song "Stressed Out".
>>
>>64211399
How not you fucking clown?
>>
>>64212339
I don't listen to Death Grips?
>>
It depends on the generation. For millennials it would probably be 21 Pilots or something like that. For Post-Millennials, I would say they don't have one yet, but they still have time.
>>
>>64211492
Most people off to college only enjoy music in the background, never attentively
>>
>>64210947
Everyone says death grips mix punk and hip-hop, am I just missing out on a dank meme? I hear no punk influence. I've heard all the albums except the EP and Government Plates, am I just being trolled?
>>
>>64212229
wtf are you talking about
drake has 34m likes on his facebook
kys
>>
tame impala is our flagship band

Lonerism is our Sgt Pepper
>>
>>64213489
ExMilitary is their only really punk album. Jenny Death has a bit of the punk influence but not as much.
>>
>>64213489
No you're just retarded. They reference black flag and double nickels on the dime.
>>
>>64213590
Reference =\= Sound of the music
>>
>>64213604
There's a fucking black flag sample. It's obviously an influence
>>
>>64213489

I admit I still know only Exmilitary + some other songs over youtube. Still to me MC Ride sounds like an homicidal psychopath who could have fit perfectly on early Surfers releases.

It's not the music, it's the spirit.
>>
>>64210812

Kanye West obviously
>>
>>64210812
Periphery and Asking Alexandria
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.