[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I lost my iPod Classic a few weeks ago and now i'm starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 611rsfQE5HL._SL1024_[1].jpg (85 KB, 770x1024) Image search: [Google]
611rsfQE5HL._SL1024_[1].jpg
85 KB, 770x1024
I lost my iPod Classic a few weeks ago and now i'm starting to fear I may not ever find it again. They've stopped producing the classic so it's super expensive to get a replacement. I have music that isn't available on streaming services and have too much to hold on my phone.

Anybody else have this problem? what do you use in place of the iPod?
>>
I listen to music on Youtube, like a normal person
>>
>>64199783
Sorry for you loss, anon. I use a combination of music streaming and then whatever I can't find I just put onto my phone. I lost my ipod classic once with some really stellar songs on it.
>>
Buy an upgraded ipod video instead.
For some reason videos are cheaper than classics.
Or get a second hand one, those are dirt cheap.
>>
>>64199783
android with 128gb micro sd
>>
>>64199783
>tfw my 60gb gen 3 classic is slowly dying in front of my eyes.

get an MP3 player lol, sure there's some okay cheap ones out there
>>
>>64199783
obvious fiio x1
>>
>>64199783
Streaming. There's 128gb ipod touch on sale too.
>>
>>64199783
I dread the day that my 160 gig Classic dies on me. It's been running strong for 7 years now, but nothing lasts forever.
>>
File: AnHero.jpg (21 KB, 260x347) Image search: [Google]
AnHero.jpg
21 KB, 260x347
>>64199783
an hero
>>
>>64200652
Vintage meme
>>
>>64199783
My 160gb classic died 3 months ago. It pissed me off since my collection finally hit roughly 160gb.

I hate pretty much everything Apple but I like the iPod for it's easy syncing and playlist support, so just get a 128gb iPod Touch OP.
>>
File: x1review-1.jpg (85 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
x1review-1.jpg
85 KB, 700x525
>>64200474
This.
>>
>>64199783
128gb iphone here. having a job is nice senpai
>>
>>64199783
Try /g/. They are actually pretty helpful and they can probably recommend something good. They normally have a "Chinese shut thread" where they talk about ways to get some pretty cheap tech straight from china. You can probably find a pretty basic mp3 player with a lot of storage, and it'll probably have solid state instead of a hdd.
>>
File: iamsad.png (66 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
iamsad.png
66 KB, 247x200
>>64199783
>haven't seen my 1st Gen Zune 30 with a 120GB HDD in it for like a week
>>
>>64199783
My 160 GB Classic finally called it quits about a year ago. It was very sad. Those things were amazing. It's back to 32 now, but fortunately it was free because my brother had it and never used it.

I'm sorry anon the loss is hard, but you deal with it.
>>
My iPod Classic died after 6 years about 6 months back, as the hard drive was fucked. I bought a second hand one pretty soon after and the hard drive died on it last week. Majorly unstoked
>>
>>64199805

YouTube for music. You do realize that the audio is 128kbps?*** And, even better than that, since YouTube re-encodes uploads, what you're actually hearing is *transcoded* 128kbps audio.

***Unless the video is 720p or better, in which case the audio improves to 384kbps. Still transcoded though.
>>
>>64200325
>Tag all my music properly
>Fix everything that's not tagged properly with an android tag editor
>One album, despite being properly tagged, still lists as unknown artist and unknown album
>One song from that album displays totally fine

Idfk.

Any advice?
>>
Sansa clip son
>>
>>64202098
That fucking feel man. I even transcoded the album and retagged it but still it fucks up.
>>
File: antique.jpg (8 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
antique.jpg
8 KB, 254x199
>>64200652
woah, what is this ancient meme worth?
>>
>>64199783

Buy a phone with a lot of storage

Use a streaming service for the vast, vast majority of music you have and copy the music that isn't available on it to your phone locally

Stop living in the past and thinking you need to have a massive library with you at all times

Try any of these options.
>>
>>64202193
I'd forgotten how much of a ballache android is, gapless playback is a nonstarter too, which is a shame.
>>
>>64202098

Delete, rag properly on pc, copy back.
>>
>>64202332
It's tagged fine on PC, it's recognising the tags on Android too when I go to edit the file, but then it just comes up as Unknown Artist anyway.
>>
>>64202332
(Also, I've tried that a few times and it didn't fix it)
>>
Buy a proper hi-fi player like fiio or cowon, retard
>>
>>64200592
Same it seems like it's going to die any day now...
>>
>>64199783
>what is FiiO
>>
My top button died on me about 2 weeks after they stopped making them. Finding songs through using Genius only is like a fun adventure :^)
>>
>>64199783

mine died just recently.
I've replaced it with a Sony Walkman A-25 and a 128gb micro SD.
It's smaller than the iPod classic and can play WAV and FLAC also.
>>
>>64199783
literal kek
go on craigslist you fag, they are literally being sold for $150
>>
A zune
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.