[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grateful Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 244378-grateful-dead.jpg (472 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
244378-grateful-dead.jpg
472 KB, 2560x1600
What does /mu/ think about Grateful Dead?

First time i tried listening to it, i just thought that why the fuck do people think this is so special? Sounds just like country/bluegrass or something, nothing special. And what the fuck does this shit have to do with psychedelics anyway?

Then i dropped 360ug of lsd and happened to have the grateful dead album American Beauty open on spotify. Well i put that playing and man i was just tripping balls and dancing naked listening to that album on repeat for like 2-3 hours or something. That trip changed my life :D

Then i started digging more into what they have done and man i just cant get enough of it. I havent even gotten that much into listening the live sets yet...

Grateful Dead has to be about the most danceable music i have ever heard lol. So perfect for tripping too.

Also holy shit sometimes the lyrics just blow me away and the songs are pretty deep in a musical sense as well
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
I love the Grateful Dead. Especially Europe 72. China Cat Sunflower is one of my favorites. To me, they make me feel open free and lucid. But they are somewhat of a tease because they don't always sync up just right, but when they do, sometimes their flow just catches your brain off in a daze at random and its spectacular. Hard to explain what makes them special.
>>
>tripping to Grateful Dead studio albums

You're doing it wrong bruh.
>>
>>64195868
man it worked well enough.

I know that the live shit is where its at but the albums are not bad either :)
>>
i was raised by two deadheads, so i can appreciate their music. imo the best studio album is blues for allah, and their best live year was either 68 or 77.
>>
>>64195911
thanks. Im going to write that down.
>>
My biology teacher would just play live albums throughout class. There ok i guess
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCy9k_RWlvA

eyes of the world is my most recent song i have been listening to a lot.

Lol that first guitar solo just makes me close my eyes and smile like a retard

Also casey jones is another one that i have been listening to.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.