[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 19 years old >almost 20 >people my age are starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: 1406311279162.jpg (24 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
1406311279162.jpg
24 KB, 364x366
>tfw 19 years old
>almost 20
>people my age are starting to become famous
>tfw stuck in mom's house going to community college
>>
>>64194799
Go to bed, me
>>
music related how
>>
>>64194799
>>64194817
Are you me?
>>
Yeah you aren't going to become some rockstar or whatever, time to come down to earth from your narcissistic unreachable heights and stop making blogposts.
>>
File: 1459920332653.jpg (13 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1459920332653.jpg
13 KB, 500x259
keep a skin cream regime and some sunblock so you keep looking youngish later

that's what i do
>>
File: 1456028857189.jpg (346 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
1456028857189.jpg
346 KB, 1104x1104
Sup? what are you studying?
>>
>famous 20 year olds
lel, they aren't even internet famous and they'll be forgotten in a week
>>
you do know every famous 20 year old has famous parents or is friends with someone famous. there is no one who "came out of nowhere" everyone is connected.
>>
>>64194799
You've got plenty of time anon. Also being famous isn't something worth aspiring to. If it happens, great, but just focus on your craft and jam with some folks. The internet has made it easier than ever to get exposure. If you work at it and git gud, people WILL notice. /ic/ here
>>
Wayne Coyne wrote The Soft Bulletin when he was like 30, you'll be fine OP.
>>
Life doesn't have to be about that

Living your life for another human being. To love another soul. That can make you feel like the richest man on earth
>>
>>64194825
I play bass if that helps
>>
>>64194955
>To love another soul.
I don't believe in love. It's all a sham.
>>
I'm 26, unemployed, no gf and currently eating a microwave lasagna
>>
>>64195010
You've never truly felt it, then
>>
>>64194799
Stop fucking whining, you can be in such worse situations. Do something about it.
>>
>>64195052
>Stop fucking whining
That's rich coming from you
>>
there is worse things in life than sleeping on a futon in your 30s . follow your heart
>>
shutup and stop being a crybaby
>>
>>64195010
I used to think that too
It really exists man
>>
>>64195071
even if it's coming from him it's the truth
>>
fuck fame. get money. lasts much longer.
>>
>>64195052
good advice but no one can take advice from you
>>
>29 years old
>almost giving up completely
>publish some ad to play in a band
>get called to play in a band that write great songs
Well, one last try bros
>>
File: 1456774588339.jpg (31 KB, 573x619) Image search: [Google]
1456774588339.jpg
31 KB, 573x619
>>64195052
generic advise is generic.

rich coming from a whiner like you
>>
What's up with these straight up blogposts recently, am I missing something?
>>
music is an awful business for age desu
most other jobs are more forgiving
>>
>>64195228
Me too
My friend of many years and I are finally writing good songs and have a band and its going well, but i need to find a better job, and that isnt going so well, and im worried even if i find a better job, i wont have as much time as i want for music
There needs to be a patronage system, or record labels should give loans so bands can focus on music and not their shitty jobs they dont want
>>
Daily reminder that Leonard Cohen didn't start writing music until well into his thirties.

Elliott Smith joined Heatmiser at 22 and released his first solo album at 25.

Hell, even if you just want to be famous, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance was a failed comic book artist before forming MCR at nearly 22.

On a personal note
>be me
>21
>have voice technique, guitar and piano down reasonably well after years of practice
>saved up enough money to get a keyboard and recording software
>feeling like i'm finally getting the hang of producing after a few shitty ambient and industrial tracks
>hoping to have a demo by summer

tl;dr nothing is going to happen if you get preoccupied with this kind of thing. If you're serious about making music, it won't matter as long as you go out and get started RIGHT NOW
>>
>>64195554
Yeah that worries me too. I have a decent paying job but whenever I get home I hardly feel like getting a guitar and playing, it's troubling but I'm trying to manage both things, at least for now
>>
>>64195044
>>64195126
I don't know, man. I was with someone for 4 years who seemed like the love of my life. She then suddenly changed and it all collapsed. How am I supposed to trust that?
>>
>>64195052
>tripfag
Almost took you seriously for a minute.
>>
>tfw manic with no control over emotions
>>
>>64194898
>>64194898
>>64194898
>>64194898
>>
>DFW was 24 when Broom of the System was published
>Zadie Smith was 25 when White Teeth was published
>Marek Hlasko was 23 when Eighth Day of the Week was published
>F.S. Fitzgerald was 23 when This Side of Paradise was published
>Carson McCullers was 23 when The Heart is a Lonely Hunter was published
>Tao Lin was 24 when EEEEE EEE EEEE & Bed were published
>Italo Calvino was 23 when The Path to the Nest of the Spiders was published
>Kerouac was 20 when The Sea is My Brother was published
>Goethe was 25 when The Sorrows of Young Werther was published
>Musil was 25 when The Confusions of Young Torless was published
>Hemingway was 25 when In Our Time was published
>Tatsuhiko Takimoto was 24 when Welcome to the NHK was published
>Ryu Murakami was 24 when Almost Transparent Blue was published
>Garcia Marquez was 20 when Eyes of a Blue Dog was published
>Nietzsche was 18 when "Napoleon III as a President" was published
>Nietzsche was 18 when "Fate and History" was published
>Nietzsche was 18 when Free Will and Fate was published
>Nietzsche was 19 when "Can the Envious Ever Truly Be Happy?" was published
>Nietzsche was 20 when "On Tendencies" was published
>Nietzsche was 20 when "My Life" was published
>Saramago was 25 years old when Land of Sun was published
>Dickens was 24 when Sketches by Boz was published
>Dickens was 25 when The Pickwick Papers was published
>Huxley was 25 when Limbo was published
>James Joyce was 25 when Chamber Music was published
>Elliot Rodger was 22 when My Twisted World was published

What are you doing with your life, /lit/?
>>
>>64196414
Yeah but I have 116 subscribers on my YT channel can anyone on that list say the same?
>>
>>64194799
it's okay, just remember you're going to die
>>
File: 10.gif (177 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
177 KB, 540x540
>>64194799
yo brah, im 18 and starting engineering degree in shitty state uni in case my noise music won't make it(which never will, that's why engineering degree)
I've been producing shitty music for like 2years, still feel I'm new to my shit everytime I open my daw. I know only some basic music theory. my techniques are shit, but my goal is to practice more and have a demo by before 20.
who cares the fame, I think what matters the most is being able to make something that you can be proud of.
>>
>>64196414

>Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when "The Red Vinyard" was sold, the only painting he would ever sell in his lifetime, for 400 belgian francs, which is about $4,000 USD adjusted for inflation
>>
>>64196414
Look who it is again, weenies. I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you called me a newfag, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet.
Fuck you I've been on here for months and probably get on here more than you anyways. Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you call others newfag?
Just because you learned how to hack your name and change it to "weenies" does not give you the right to disrespect anyone at any time.
>>
File: 1439791691319.jpg (95 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1439791691319.jpg
95 KB, 676x676
>>64196487
>tfw I have 301 with a video with over 110,000+ views
>>
>making music to become famous
Absolutely disgusting. You should make music for and only for yourself, if other people get to listen cool.
>>
>>64194799
/b/ tier thread
>>
>>64196394
?
?
?
?
>>
>>64194965
Smallmouth or Largemouth
>>
>>64196414
>Elliot Rodger

L O L
>>
>>64194799
>tfw i have to complain to look like im trying since i spend all my time shitposting and not developing a skill
>woe is me
>>
>>64194799
this is literally me too friendo
>>
I turned 20 last month and wanted to let you know it gets better, just take a tolerance break, try listening to some dub, and don't drink as much caffeine
>>
>>64195554
u have to quit and dedicate those 40 hours to promoting yourself and playing gigs u moron
>>
>>64195228
>>64195554

just give up senpai and focus on reality. 28 and reached that conclusion when i was 22. never looked back.
>>
>>64194965
Man you really are a failure.
>>
I know a 35 year old intensive care registrar who lives with her mum.

The senpai's away Thursday, so it's booze and movies night. Hells yeah.
>>
relax
>>
>tfw 19
>in band
>very new but we've all been around the scene for ages and we are good so people like us
>PACKED our first few shows
>touring this year

don't give up hope op until like 3 months ago I thought I'd never get a real band going. I'm not gonna be famous or some shit but it's certainly within the realm of possibility that my band could be semi-successful in DIY scenes.

work retail and seek artistic fullfillment, being broke has never felt so rewarding
>>
>>64194799
stop being such a little bitch
these guys became famous in their 40s with nothing but harsh language, big balls
and cheap samples that can be made by a 9 year old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bW2VESHY4
>>
>tfw when 26
>been writing music and teaching myself to play a variety of instruments and record since i was 18
>form a band, do releases, tour, get played on national radio, featured in rolling stone
>realise this is about as good as it gets without dumbing down the product or replacing me with a hot female lead singer
>>
>>64197225
those anime girls are pretty cute hehe
>>
>>64194799
Dude, at least you're not a NEET.

Also the dubs were check'd.
>>
>>64201961
>at least you're not a NEET.
hell, so many famous people were neets. Even Einstein at some point was.
>>
how many 20 year olds really get famous? i'm 20 but honestly how many of us get famous at this age? a ridiculously small amount. be optimistic and just work at whatever you want to do
>>
>>64196129
I mean of course it's all just brain chemicals but everything is brain chemicals, one way or another. You only like music for the signals it sends your lil noggin. There might be someone who just always fires your brain off the right way and you do the same for them. Maybe, maybe not but that's not a sole reason to live. It's one of many. I'd rather live because the shit I like exists. Just do that stuff and make sure you don't do too many crazy things at once which I'm sure you can manage.
>>
>>64202073
Anton Bruckner became a world-class composer at 57.
Writing popular music songs and being famous in web 2.0 era is not a big deal at all. It's not about your genius, apparently.
>>
>>64196819
>I think what matters the most is being able to make something that you can be proud of.

literally this, do it for yourself not for the fame, it'll be much more rewarding
>>
>>64195562
What about my abysmal singing?
>>
>>64194833
Damn me stop it
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.