[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This or That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: SMiLE.jpg (69 KB, 600x279) Image search: [Google]
SMiLE.jpg
69 KB, 600x279
Which version of Smile do you prefer?
>>
anyone who prefers BWPS is a PLEB
>>
SLN 1967 Reconstruction is my favorite

I also like listening to the box set on shuffle, it's like 5 cds of random outtakes
>>
I prefer Sessions but love both.
>>
>>64194671
The Sessions easy. Brian's voice in the 60s just can't be fucked with.
>>
BWPS went against everything the idea of SMiLE stood for: spontaneous, silly, wild.

BWPS feels robotic, calculated. Plus, the digital keyboards are fucking terrible.

Favorite segment, bros? I am in love with "I'm In Great Shape", especially paired with " Barnyard "
>>
>>64194806
Bruh everyone knows Carl had the true angelic timbres

Put God Only Knows on paul stretch in audacity and you'll know what life is all about
>>
>>64194911
Brian singing lead on Surf's Up > Carl singing lead on Surf's up.

To be fair Carl's GOK is so much better than Brian's its unfathomable. Though I'm not sure if that was just a guide vocal or Brian's full-hearted attempt
>>
>>64194911
I know everyone raves about Carl but honestly I think Brian was the best singer in the band

His falsetto in the early to mid 60s was unbeatable and he had this pure, innocent quality to his voice that was really unique and integral to the group's blend
>>
>>64195308
Brian's falsetto is better than Carl's. I personally prefer Brian's voice as well. Both of them are extraordinary vocalists, though.They may have had to pay a price for their gifts, but fuck were they gifted.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.