[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you /mu/tants work or want persue a career in the music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: musiccareers4.jpg (81 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
musiccareers4.jpg
81 KB, 500x333
Do any of you /mu/tants work or want persue a career in the music field?
>>
>>64191668
Yes.
>>
>>64191713
tell me more I want to get in this senpai desu
>>
Interested in this thread. I've been thinking about being an audio engineer or something but I don't know man
>>
File: 1438571067078.jpg (53 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1438571067078.jpg
53 KB, 500x581
>>64191879
Same, been thinking bout going into radio t b h
>>
>>64191746
I personally never really cared for music. There was a time when I used to watch 106 & Park on BET back in the early 00's, but I grew out of it. And I liked the soundtrack to Backyard Wrestling the videogame and all the theme songs the other wrestling videogames used but that also slipped my mind.

I moved to the suburbs when I was 9 and I heard Green Day's Time Of My Life. That song always fucks me up when I hear it, but it got me into the rest of Green Day's catalog.

Then I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. wtfisthis.jpg, I fell in love. To this day, not a Nirvana song comes by where I don't just smile and get in the mood of wrecking shit. Even when it's from the B-sides.

So when I was 12, I asked my dad for a left-handed guitar and...
>>
>>64191668
yeah currently doing sound engineering in college, probably going to emigrate to berlin or something when i'm done though
>>
>>64191948
>>64191948
>the cheap spic nigger gets me guitar hero
>i'm fuming and I don't even play videogames like that
>I ask again.
>oh well, that's a lot of money yo
>so I ask myself "how can i make music"
>ironically I was getting into rap again
>I listen to my dad's catalog of 80s and 90s songs (as limited as can be)
>but it was more than enough to have my ultimate blackout and only listen to hip-hop for almost 2 years
>I start writing rhymes
>I learn how to produce, sample, etc
>but i don't rap in public because you need a confidence to you while rapping
>i was always an introverted guy.
>>
>>64192119
>my excuse is to produce everything and anything
>i make a shitty little compilation at 15 and it doesn't get any traction
>i become a pothead and do nothing till 16 where pot gave me a shit experience so I stopped
>get into music again, cpu dies
>fuck
>come 18, i make two tapes. one when i spit as one half of a duo with a close friend who's Asian and from Brooklyn
>and I make a more instrumental tape that borders the vaporwave, alt hip-hop aesthetic
>they're both shit, but the instrumental shit has more promise
>I compose my friend's school film while listening to LCD Soundsystem and even meeting James Murphy
>composition was amazing
>featured in small time film festivals
>>
File: 20140126_165242.jpg (3 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
20140126_165242.jpg
3 MB, 4608x2592
I sit around in pic related almost every day AMA
>>
>>64192249
>did first semester in college
>met many musicians and am now friends with an upcoming house DJ
>tell everyone I want to become audio engineer
>but in actuality i want to become the star of a music group
>join a rap collective
>the leader is making his first album
>i'm thinking everybody might bomb or sound like shit
>making three side projects from different genres and a main alt hip-hop album

And that's it. We're waiting for the outcome. I'm finishing my tapes up.
>>
>>64192286
wat do u do
>>
>>64192541

I write, record, mix n master
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.