[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: In your opinion, the worst kind of genre elitists. No rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hey ya.png (205 KB, 444x334) Image search: [Google]
hey ya.png
205 KB, 444x334
ITT: In your opinion, the worst kind of genre elitists. No rules for this one. Just let your fucking heart out
>>
File: 059Qn3H.png (86 KB, 284x213) Image search: [Google]
059Qn3H.png
86 KB, 284x213
any
>>
>>64189646
classical
jazz
should
be
banned
>>
>>64189646
Metalheads because they act the most elite out of anyone. All their shit sounds the same, and yet whenever something comes out, there are thousands of people saying that it's not true metal.
>>
Classical and jazz
>>
>>64189719
>All their shit sounds the same
lmao
>>
Rap and country
>>
>>64189719
its the same with every single fucking elitist in music tbqh
>>
>>64189711
>>64189719
/thread
>>
Classical and Jazz because they don't see that although other genres have rehashed versions of the same thing, theirs is considerably more rehashed.
>>
>>64189646
This phenomenon only applies to /mu/ and I never see it anywhere else, but all the jazz purist shitposting on this board is starting to piss me off, writing off everything after 1959 for no good reason. It had better just be baiting, I can't imagine why else you'd have the mindset of an elderly man in the 1960's complaining about Dylan going electric.
>>
>>64189711
New Yorker jazz/fusion musicians piss me off. Completely full of themselves and rip on any diy musicians. If its not recorded in a historical studio they act offended.
>>
Jazz. I respect the creativity of rap more than I respect the 'creativity' of jazz, and I despise rap.
>>
>>64189741
My sides: 1968-2016
>>
Funk or soul

I can't decide which one is more awful
>>
Classical.
>>
Classical/jazz can be heavy with their shit but do love the music a lot and it's understandable.
Metalheads can be assholes but also really nice people if you comply.

... but let's talk about poptimists...
>>
>>64189828
To clarify even more, this is only a really recent development. Like, only in the past 7 months or so. Jazz fans used to be the coolest people on this board and now they're starting flame wars in every thread, I have no idea what the fuck happened.
>>
>>64189646
harsh noise
>>
>>64189891
threads not about what entire genres you write off like a pleb
>>
>>64189891
You take that back,
>>
>>64189711
muh hip hop
>>64189767
Classical isn't a genre, jazz isn't music.
>>64189828
There is no good music past WWII, lets leave it to that.
>>
File: CCl_qGKXIAAVr0g.jpg (52 KB, 561x313) Image search: [Google]
CCl_qGKXIAAVr0g.jpg
52 KB, 561x313
>>64189973
>Imagine being this wrong
>>
Reminder that Hey Ya is terrible, fuck everyone's sheep shit opinions.
>>
>>64190005
>your wrong becuz i dont like what ur sayin!
WE DID IT REDDIT!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.