[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this album get so much praise? The lyrics are cringe-worthy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
Why does this album get so much praise?

The lyrics are cringe-worthy, the vocals are just bad, the album is pretty uninteresting in general. While the guitars are nice, they're hardly groundbreaking or unique. The flow of the album is not very good either.
>>
Because the society is being an idiot and refusing to realize cannabis' and 'psychedelics'' capacity to degenerate taste.
>>
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
DELETE THIS
>>
Because it was revolutionary and people don't get that just because it was revolutionary doesn't make it good
>>
>>64187624
>>64187648
Is DSOTM seriouly the most populor misunderstood album? This could just be bait. But come on?
>>
>>64187624
>cringe-worthy
>just bad
>hardly groundbreaking

Non of these terms explain why you dislike THIS particular album. You could literally apply those to any album you want, critically acclaimed or not.
>>
>>64187624
nice bait faggot
>>
>>64187684
How was it revolutionary?
>>
>>64187624
Because you're an avant teen who doesn't enjoy music and thinks BREAKIN DA RULES is something that is on the collective minds of all musicians.

Truly groundbreaking experimentation in music is few and far between and no artist should have some jaded autist in mind while doing their thing.
>>
>>64187624
>relatable concept
>some great songs including popular singles
>at the time accessible, yet appealing to people who were interested in progressive rock, which was hugely popular at the time
>>
>>64187909
Floyd's not prog.
>>
>>64187929
>Dead memes
>>
>>64187929
i didn't say it was prog, just that it was appealing to progressive rock fans

i'd say it's something like "pseudo-prog", not reaching prog, but using some of the same ideas, and making it accessible
i think about it like clockwork orange in relation to art house films

dsotm:prog::clockwork orage:art house

if that makes sense
>>
>>64187929

great reading comprehension
>>
i hate pink floyd but i like dark side
it's a solid album
>>
>>64187800
i wish this was bait. it is common opinion here that pink floyd are overrated, pretentious, etc.
>>
Still better that anything made by Can desu
>>
>>64187624
Because not every album has to be some underground unknown thing
>>
>>64187624
>lyrics are cringe-worthy

Clearly bait, Time has some of the greatest lyrics ever written
>>
>>64189014
or, op is finally 18 and can laugh about 14 year old "lewronggeneration", and try to ridicule anything that isnt as shallow as hip hop with "le deep xd"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.