[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brian Johnson says he's been unfairly "kicked to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: acdc-620x400.jpg (51 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
acdc-620x400.jpg
51 KB, 620x400
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/brian-johnson-downplays-hearing-issues-says-he-was-kicked-to-the-curb-acdc/

To sum it up, this seems to be what's happened.

>Angus Young says Brian needs to be shelved because he's in danger of going totally deaf
>BJ says his hearing problems aren't that bad and he could easily finish their current tour
>other people speculate that Angus really is giving him the boot because he wants to continue the band another decade and figures Brian will be almost 80 by the time they're done
>thus Angus really wants to get a younger frontman for the next 10 years

It would be pretty funny if that "younger" frontman did turn out to be Axl Rose (who would only be 63 in a decade)
>>
#NOTMYSINGER
>>
>>64184700
He was too old anyway, and so is the rest of the band. It's time to fucking hang it up already.
>>
>>64184700
I don't believe that conspiracy. Think about it,

If his hearing is as bad as they (including his doctors) said, then the surefire way to get rid of him is to play a few more shows until he's fucking deaf

Then you get a younger frontman, no problem.
>>
>>64184775
>He was too old anyway

At least Angus seems to think so.
>>
Who even gives a fuck about AC DC anyway?
>>
>>64184818
this
How do you guys even give a shit
>>
I saw them early in the tour and Brian was still performing great. He's far from done at this point.
>>
>>64184818
Perhaps those individuals who are about to rock?
>>
>>64184818
>>64184830
I don't give a fuck at all, but it is a relevant music discussion for this board.
>>
>>64184848
Ok, but what about 10 years from now? He'll be 77. I'm sure that thought is weighing on Angus's mind.
>>
hell be fine
>>
As I understand it, Angus Young has plans for at least one more album/world tour.
>>
>>64184818
eh their first couple of albums are actually pretty fucking good
>>
>friend is die-hard GNR fan
>says he's not a big fan of AC/DC and thinks Brian Johnson sounds like throat cancer
>caught him listening to thunderstruck on his phone yesterday
It's amazing what band loyalty can do to some people
>>
Like it or not, Brian, you are a hired gun even with 35 years under your belt. Besides, you didn't write any of their classic songs and you just got lucky that you joined the band when BIB was three-quarters completed.
>>
>>64184700
wish they kicked his ass out 40 years ago
maybe acdc wouldve been listenable
>>
>>64184981
he didn't?
>>
>>64185023
Nope. Back In Black had mostly already been completed when Bon kicked it, they just had to apply the finishing touches and record the thing. Brian didn't have any involvement in writing those songs.

He did write lyrics later on, but they mostly sucked which led to the Young brothers revoking his songwriting privileges in 1988. The one good album they had post-1980 (The Razor's Edge) was entirely Malcolm and Angus's songwriting.
>>
As Don Henley said, "A rock band isn't exactly a democracy. Generally speaking, the main songwriters are the guys who hold all the creative and business control."
>>
>>64184818
>how dare we discuss music on the music board
>>
>>64184919
Geez, how many more times can you write the same album about kicking ass and having sex. Especially when you're 60+.
>>
ACDC is the worst band of all time.
>>
>>64185578
That's not Linkin Park.
>>
>>64185255
And he's right. Like it or not, the Young brothers are AC/DC (or well, Malcolm was until recently). They started the band, they named it, and they hired both Bon and Brian.

Call it cheap what Angus did, but the band is his baby and he can cut Brian loose if he wants.
>>
>>64185429
>how dare we discuss *bad* music on the music board
important distinction
>>
Who even likes Brian that much? The band's quality dropped greatly after Bon died, they need to just stop all together.
>>
Contrary to what Jim Breuer is saying the latest story makes it sound more like Angus and Cliff were concerned about Brian's health.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/brian-johnson-issues-statement-on-departure-from-acdc/
>>
He released an official statement today saying that he had to step aside or risk going deaf, and that he'll still be involved with the band in the studio.

And Axl is only filling in for the remaining tour dates, there's no way he'd join full time when he's got the GN'R reunion to focus on. And i doubt he'd ever want to be in a band where he doesn't have full control over everything anyway.
>>
>>64185668
>makes it sound more like Angus and Cliff were concerned about Brian's health.
That kind of correlates with the point I was making in >>64184868

Angus wants to go another decade and he apparently doesn't have much faith in a 70+ Brian Johnson still being able to get it done.
>>
>>64185637
As a studio act, they peaked in the 70s. As a live act, they peaked in the 80s.
>>
Actually Brian's hearing issues weren't caused by loud music, but because he accidentally didn't put on his helmet at a racing event and blew his ears out.
>>
>>64185634
>>64185763
Funny, but when Bon Scott first joined the band, the Young brothers thought he was ancient and too old to rock (he was 28 and they were like 18-19).
>>
I literally had no idea the singer and the guitarist weren't the same guy until right now.
>>
>>64184818
back in black is the shit don't deny it
>>
>>64185955
Bon thought they were just kids and needed an experienced hand to guide them so he took up the challenge. Kind of like Nikki Sixx hiring the much older Mick Mars when they first got Motley Crue together.
>>
I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERY DAY
>>
>>64186076
wrong band
>>
>>64186081
Oh yeah, that was a Motorhead line my bad.
>>
>>64185668
It seems more like they let him go to save him from himself. He sounds like the kind of guy that would keep going till he was completely deaf. They really should just finish the tour and hang it up tho.
>>
>>64184700
>ACDC
Current year
>>
>>64186260
>not listening to a band because they're old

hahahaha
>>
>>64185973
kek
>>
>>64186094
It was Stryper
>>
>>64184818
People still listen to AC/DC, they still sell out concerts.
>>
>>64184868
Angus will be 71, a 71 year old man dressing like a 15 year old schoolboy.
>>
Rock or Bust to me is pretty mediocre. Black Ice was their best album in 30 years. From what I understand for the last album Angus took every old riff and idea he's been sitting on for years and basically emptied the tank.

Unless Stevie Young has some good songwriting skills, there may never be another album.
>>
>>64186934
TBF he's been too old to dress like that since about 1985.
>>
>>64184954
Are you 12?
>>
>>64184700
Axl is 54? Holy fuck. I never realized that.
>>
>>64187158
Didn't Thirteen also use a bunch of stockpiled riffs? I know Tony Iommi has at least several hundred recorded.
>>
>>64187619
Could be.
>>
>>64187591
Yeh he turned 54 in February.
>>
>>64187591

How? GN'R burst onto the scene 30 years ago. It should have been obvious he'd be in his mid 50s.
>>
>>64185065
Where does this information come from?
>>
Don't understand the outrage over this. The vocalist spot in AC/DC isn't some holy sacred position that can't be replaced. If the band wants to increase their life span with Axl Roses, fucking big deal.
>>
>>64188291
Like I said, Angus basically is AC/DC just like Tony Iommi is Black Sabbath and essentially everyone else in both bands is and has been replaceable.
>>
>>64188405
Nice bait pal. No Ward, No Sabbath
>>
>>64188606
I didn't know Bill Ward's nephew posted here.
>>
Feh,
>>
>>64184700
Why are Australians so heartless? They're hardly even people...
>>
File: yeah nah.jpg (21 KB, 473x315) Image search: [Google]
yeah nah.jpg
21 KB, 473x315
>>64190171
>>
I find AC/DC pretty boring, but I've got to admit Thunderstruck is a hell of a jam.
>>
>>64187158
It's not usual for old guys to come out with an album that good, though Sabbath had two quite solid outings with The Devil You Know and Thirteen.
>>
>>64190488
Like I said, Angus and Malcolm had a huge bunch of stockpiled riffs and song lyrics they'd written in the 80s or something and never used and they decided to make use of them.
>>
>>64185065
Ballbreaker is better than Razor's Edge

as is Flick Of The Switch

everything else post-BIB is ass though, yes
>>
>>64184700

Brian has been basically unintelligible for the last 10yrs anyway....so, replace him with someone who is just barley more intelligible.
>>
>>64190919
Brian hasn't been a good vocalist since about 1983. He ruined his voice early on.
>>
>>64190461
Honestly ACDC is one of those bands I'd be totally down for seeing live since they apparentely put on a hell of a show

I can't imagine sitting at home and listening to them
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.