[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying Samurai Sword isn't one of the best climax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: microphonesglow.jpg (152 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
microphonesglow.jpg
152 KB, 600x600
>implying Samurai Sword isn't one of the best climax for an album ever.
>>
I didn't imply otherwise. I wholeheartedly agree
>>
who?
>>
I dunno, just wanted to state that.
>>
And My Warm Blood is the perfect closer even with all the silence
>>
it's called a katana baka gaijin
>>
>>64184009
>silence
>>
>>64184025
Well what else should I call it? It's just tape experimentation, a heartbeat, and the riff from the opener. And a good portion of it is actually silence
>>
>>64184092
It isn't actually silence, just a long fade-out
>>
Speaking of Phil's work, who would want to hear the Microphones do a full cover of Good Vibrations? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZ1S0Y-SGY
>>
>>64184009
The best conclusion where the guy get's killed by a bear.
>>
>>64184350
I thought he gets attacked by the bear in Samurai Sword and bleeds to death in My Warm Blood
>>
>>64184379
Well yeah, that's what I meant. Only makes me wish this was adapted into a movie, maybe something like what AnCo did with Oddsac
>>
What do you guys think of his tape Jimmy Sharp: Man of Mystery?

>>64184399
Yeah it'd be cool. I feel like it'd have to have some surrealist qualities or something in order to stay with the same theme of the album or whatever, though
>>
>>64184460
Maybe something traditionally animated?
>>
>>64184557
That's a good idea, actually
>>
>>64184652
You know, I thought that once I get my drawing tablet, I planned on making a comic based on this album. Could be the closest thing I can do.
>>
>>64184009
>listen The Glow Pt.2 for the first time
>Second half of My Warm Blood
>Convinced the muffled melody is just in my head
It was a bit jarring
>>
>>64184379
I always thought the album was about him slowly starving/freezing to death in the wilderness, Samurai Sword is like his last outburst to survive wheb he decides he isn't ready to accept death yet, and My Warm Blood is his slow and eventual death.
>>
>>64183359
>Implying Alvin Row isn't.
>>
>>64184689
You should, you'd be my favorite drawfriend

>>64184798
This happened to me too

>>64184895
That seems like it makes more sense but samurai sword's lyrics a just about being mauled by a polar bear so I don't know

>>64185039
Alvin Row is good too
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.