[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24 turning 25 in 3 months and I want to write an album,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1460514696640.jpg (85 KB, 1240x744) Image search: [Google]
1460514696640.jpg
85 KB, 1240x744
I'm 24 turning 25 in 3 months and I want to write an album, but I'm too hung up on whether or not I'm too old to do so. Your thoughts, anons?
>>
>>64183090
So it's not loaded stadiums or ballparks
And we're not kids on swingsets on the blacktop
And I thought at fifteen that I'd have it down by sixteen
And twenty-four keeps breathing in my face
>>
beautiful picture.

also, i don't believe anybody can be just "too old" to write an album.
>>
>>64183090
Can almost hear roller coasters, see sailboats in the sea...
>>
>>64183129

lol, this is the first thing i thought of too.

>>64183090

What are you talking about??? either it's in you or it isn't. age has nothing to do with it. If you have something you think is worth sharing then just do it.
>>
dude youre way too old. dont fucking write an album.
>>
>>64183129
wrong album though.
>>
>>64183090
David Bowie literally dropped an album a few days before he died this year, and you're asking if you're too old to make one
Quit trying to find excuses and just do it already
>>
>>64183222
Trips of truth. Thanks, anon
>>
The guy from lcd soundsystem was like 38 when his first album dropped, and he's been pretty successful. I think older people make better music anyone, it's just that not many start when they're older.
>>
>>64183090
>too old
>25
the 'too old' is just an excuse for people who are caught up in jobs, family, studies... there's always time and resources for music.
>>
>>64183090
There is no "too old", anon. Some of my favorite artists got a later start than that.
>>
File: RPOllard.png (134 KB, 260x500) Image search: [Google]
RPOllard.png
134 KB, 260x500
>>64184011
>>64183090
Robert Pollard was the same age as you when he started making music. Now GBV is one of the most beloved bands on this board (even if their new album wasn't very good)
>>
25 isn't old for playing music, let alone writing music.

do you know any music theory at all?
>>
>>64184090
I know the basics
>>
>>64184695
that's cool but seriously learning keys or guitar and theory accordingly is essential for songwriting, even if you just scratch the surface technically. you should consider starting with that, getting a teacher and a study routine
>>
OH UNCLE JOE CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW
IVE BEEN HAVING MENTAL PROBLEMS
Who gives a shit senpai just do it you're making excuses
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.