[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you not like The Beatles? Two listens are enough to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: the-beatles-circa-1966-650-430.jpg (49 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
the-beatles-circa-1966-650-430.jpg
49 KB, 636x421
How can you not like The Beatles? Two listens are enough to make any of their album click except maybe Self Titled. Unless you are actually doing the contrarian little shits and didn't even bother listening to their stuff seriously.
>>
>>64178489
t. rock critic
>>
>>64178489

most people who hate on the Beatles just hear "Love Me Do" and are like, "i don't see what the big deal is about these guys" and I understand. I remember being a kid and reading a Kurt Cobain interview where he praises the Beatles and I was thinking "wtf"

I love redpilling beatlenoobs with the real shit
>>
I've always hated The Beatles since very young.

It's called being born a patrician.
>>
It's amazing. When I listen to the Beatles its like I can hear where some of the music I enjoy the most came from. It's not super obvious but it's there. People don't appreciate heritage and history like they used. They want some amazing fulfilling musical product compared to what they've grown up with. Because that's whats comfortable. People don't know how to listen, or to put things in fucking perspective.
>>
>>64178567
Truly mediocre post
>>
>>64178631
Wow, I'm like The Beatles!
>>
When I was really young I liked them thanks to my dad, during high school I was in the "Theyre ok but overated phase." Now I realise that they are actually really fucking good and deserve the praise. If you don't like even one song you're trying to hard
>>
>>64178684
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE
>>
they're corny
>>
>>64178713
poor little white boy
>>
>>64178684
See, everybody that grew up with a good relationship with their parents has no problem admitting that the Beatles are GOAT. Next time someone tells you they hate the Beatles, ask them if by chance they hate one of both of their parents. The answer will be "yes."
>>
>>64178713
you're self-conscious
>>
>>64178489
>finally listens to the beatles himself and immediately flames on others for not listening to them
why don't you make another cringe thread you self-hating tween
>>
Thank fuck I never went through a dadrock phase.

All their albums are formulaic, predictable and full of ditties
>>
>>64179662
what formula was Revolver
>>
>>64179672
Ditties with a bit of distortion and hard rock aspect which the Kinks had already done
>>
I like The Beatles just fine and think they made enjoyable music, but nothing more. I never brought into the fanaticism that surrounds them, they are an enjoyable and no doubt influential pop group sure , but i have no idea how people latch onto them and shout "the Beatles r objectively best of all time if u disagree then u r contrarian faggot and haven't even listened xD".
>>
>>64179702
She Said She Said is straight up acid rock the Kinks never did anything comparable to it, musically or lyrically.
>>
>>64178791
The answer will actually more likely be a punch in the face
>>
I'm past my "Beatles are overrated/Scaruffi phase" and I'm really happy this way
>>
They're ok, I guess, but they're old. Why would I listen to them?
>>
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
>>
>>64180054
https://factorysunburst.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/piero-scaruffi-and-truth/
>>
>>64179735
>They're ok, I guess, but they're old
>>
>>64180357
yes, that's what i said
>>
The Beatles never and I mean NEVER put out a bad record, but, admittedly some of their songs, and albums are better in mono. I was born a Beatlemaniac and I'll die a Beatlemaniac.
>>
File: Rubber_Soul.jpg (86 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Rubber_Soul.jpg
86 KB, 300x300
Who is your favorite Beatle and why?
>>
the
>>
>>64178489
The more good music I listen to, the worse the Beatles seem to me.
I used to like them when I was 14, each year I think they are worse, though.
>>
I've never listened to a Beatles album in full, or even attempted too.

It's not that I actively oppose them, I just have no interest.
>>
File: 1460999659951.png (18 KB, 1138x99) Image search: [Google]
1460999659951.png
18 KB, 1138x99
>>
>>64182299
>Jazz musicians think the underdogs are the best
Not at all surprised, hipsters have always thought that.

Anyway OP didn't say the Beatles were the best, they just asked how someone couldn't like the Beatles after at least two listens.
>>
>>64178713
Listen to stuff like Happiness is a Warm Gun, Helter Skelter, Come Together, Blue Jay Way, Sexy Sadie, Your Mother Should Know, basically anything after Sgt Pepper's.
>>
>>64179702
Where do you think Tomorrow Never Knows came from?
>>
>>64182250
Their albums are barely more than 30 minutes, you twat
>>
>>64178489
>How can you not like The Beatles?
Because the same music that entertained people ~60 years ago might not entertain people now, and that's OK.
They're just 'meh' at best for me. I sat through The White Album and it literally felt like the longest stint in white, flat hell.
>>
>>64182121

It's the opposite for me. I enjoy lots of bands, but if I ever decide to listen to the Beatles, it's just like DAMN this is my favorite band!

And when I'm listening to Paul songs I like him better, and when I'm listening to John songs I like him better.
>>
>>64178749
whats the deal with those meme hate to white people?
>>
Because, as musicians, they don't hold up against modern artists
They were good writers and did some pretty interesting stuff, but the music as a whole is pretty boring
>>
>>64181963
It seems like George would be the coolest one of them
>>
>>64185025
definitely. guy was fucking dope
>>
If you don't like, or at least appreciate, The Beatles, your musical opinion is worthless to me.

Someone's going to say "well someone doesn't like the same music you do, so what" but it's the fucking Beatles dude. They have a varied catalog and if you legitimately don't like anything they've done, you're either an idiot, a contrarian, or both.
>>
I mean they're good for their time, but music has gotten so much better since then. Just out of common sense, there's hundreds, if not thousands of better artists out there by now.
>>
>>64185251
>music has gotten so much better since then
Has it though? There are few songs that compare to something like Strawberry Fields Forever or albums like Rubber Soul and Revolver.
>>
>>64178567
this 2bh
>>
They're just a good, overrated band.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.