[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Listen to hip hop album once >Listen to doom album 8 times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: dot(.) stay smoke stay stone.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dot(.) stay smoke stay stone.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>Listen to hip hop album once
>Listen to doom album 8 times
>Both albums same duration
>last.fm thinks hip hop album is my most played album of the week

Why you ask? Because the hip hop album is 21 tracks long and the doom album is 2.

How do we fix this guys?

Pic related, it's the doom album.
>>
i actually got *warned* for posting the uncensored version of this album cover

have you guys ever been warned before?
>>
>>64174399
pray that the rym/sonemic scrobbler happens despite that being incredibly unlikely
>>
>>64174399
fix it by stopping worrying about how your music listening habits look to those online and just listen to what you like
>>
>>64174564
I will grant you that there is a discussion to be had about whether or not it matters, but I don't post in /lastfm/ and I don't have any like "followers" or anything.

I am fascinated by seeing statistics about what I like, and given that last.fm knows both the quantity and duration of the songs I listen to I feel like I should be able to see what would for me be a more accurate representation of my habits.

I mean I could always look into their API I guess...
>>
File: 1456119838220.jpg (36 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1456119838220.jpg
36 KB, 462x579
>>64174613
I was going down the same path as you...
I found lastimer.com. It's nice.

But it fucking sucks. I started to notice that it was horribly inaccurate when I listened to Fishmans Long Season (a 35 minute 1-track album) 4 times in a few days but in my 7 day top 50 it showed up as 28 minutes of play-time. It was inaccurate as fuck.

So I found a plugin for musicbee that lets you export metadata for your music as a text file. I know a bit of java so I wrote a program to multiply playcount by time for every track and calculate totals for every artist and album.

That worked for a while, until I realized that it was only counting plays through musicbee. None on my phone. So I installed a last.fm scrobbler on my phone. Then I pressed the "sync playcount with last.fm" in musicbee... big mistake. It reset the playcount of things that didn't match the last.fm metadata in spelling or something to 0. For example the Autechre Garbage EP on last.fm is listed as under Tri Repetae because it was re-released as bonus tracks to that album. But in my library it's separate, and so when I synced my last.fm plays with my musicbee plays all of my plays disappeared.

Then I realized that there's no winning. There's no way to satisfy this shit. I deleted my last.fm account and reset all of my playcounts to 0. I've been much happier since then.

Either use last.fm as nothing more than a VERY rough approximation of your taste, or give up. There's no winning here. Don't go down the same path that I did. It leads only to frustration. You have been warned.
>>
>>64174781
Well it's a computer science problem, these people obviously don't know how to use the last.fm api properly.
>>
>>64174898
Yeah exactly they don't. My point is don't bother trying to track your music listening habits exactly. It'll only lead to much more frustration than it's worth. I love stats too, believe me. But it's not worth it.
>>
>>64174967
Why don't you just calm the fuck down though
>>
>>64175001
bro im calm as fuck
>>
i don't know what the fuck i was thinking making this thread, mods please delete
>>
File: 1434247880553-1.jpg (13 KB, 680x299) Image search: [Google]
1434247880553-1.jpg
13 KB, 680x299
delete your last.fm and listen to the music you want
>>
>>64175064
you can use last.fm nonautistically
>>
>>64175221
yes, but OP is clearly not doing that.
>>
>>64175247
OP here. The fuck did you say to me?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.