[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody recommend me some black metal that isn't either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6
File: Deathcrush-Mayhem.jpg (396 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Deathcrush-Mayhem.jpg
396 KB, 800x800
Can somebody recommend me some black metal that isn't either so lo-fi it's completely indecipherable or that shit that's all slick, overproduced, melodic, and symphonic.

For instance I listened to a number of Demo/EP's from this small French black metal scene (can't remember what it is known as) and most of them sounded like they were recorded with shopping carts, plus the musicianship was questionable.

In my opinion, shit like Dissection reminds me too much shit like Dragonforce with their corny ass melodies and sleek mastering. And Emperor goes a little bit over the top with the synthesizers and shit (still solid though).

Also, that folk shit with acoustic portions is some of the gayest shit I've ever heard.

Burzum is way too directionless and self-indulgent.

I really liked the debut Mayhem full length and those three famous Darkthrone albums. I also like another group called Arckanum's debut.

where should I go from here? Should I just give up on the genre?
>>
new mayhem aoty 2014 prove me wrong
>>
File: 2707.jpg (49 KB, 660x666) Image search: [Google]
2707.jpg
49 KB, 660x666
>>64174110
Have you checked out Isengard or Ulver?

I was in the same position as you and they seemed to make something click in my head.
They both tend to have a more grounded feel to them and incorporate some elements of folk.
Isengard is the solo project of Fenriz.

Check out Hostmorke and Vinterskugge by Isengard and Bergtatt by Ulver
>>
>>64174110

https://youtu.be/C08jIlMCzVg
>>
>Darkthrone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8vAjRm1hZE
Published on March 20, 2016
>>
File: Sargeist - Let the Devil In.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Sargeist - Let the Devil In.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
Who #edgelord here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JGTVKhcqQ
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (146 KB, 750x743) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
146 KB, 750x743
good shit
>>
File: Shade - ISA.jpg (337 KB, 951x957) Image search: [Google]
Shade - ISA.jpg
337 KB, 951x957
>>64174110
Still lots of great black metal that isn't lofi, nor over produced.

>small French black metal scene
Is it Les Légions Noires?

Anyways try:
Nehemah - Light of a Dead Star
Necropole - Atavisme...
Shade - Isa
Hate Forest - Sorrow
>>
>>64174110
I guess Emperor has the first 2 albums that arent either over produced or as bad as their "Wrath of the tyrant" demo. its pretty symphonic stuff, and the second album is a lot more technical and less melodic.

Bathory albums are kinda lo fi but not so much so that you can't hear what's going on. Quorthon had a knack for making pretty boneheaded riffs work really well.

Pic related is produced pretty well but I wouldn't call it overly polished. it works for their sound, but it had some goofy flute parts since it is a bit of a mix of folk/black metal like Isengard.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.