[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions Thread // Music Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: PopNeedsToStop.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PopNeedsToStop.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>Kpop & JPop are dumb as shit
>Kanye West should stop making music
>Punk & Alternative is the same shit
>U2 isn't complete shit
>Nirvana is overrated as fuck
>Michael Jackson was better when he was 12
>Chad Kroeger (of Nickleback) doesn't have a shit voice, but his songwriting is awful
>Pop is the worst genre in existence
>>
>>64170687
nothing you posted is unpopular
>>
>>64170687
These are all popular opinions
>>
>>64170687
Nicki Minaj is great. Even though I am a 100% Straight White Male her songs make me feel real 'empowered'
>>
>caring about lyrics is stupid
>not listening to an album in full is stupid
>music is subjective
>slow music is boring as hell
>>
Zayn Malik is a qt3.1416 and complete husbando material.
>>
>>64170746
Tryhard your age is so ambiguous. You say things that tell me you are 40 and then the next day you say things that tell me you are 16. very very interesting.
>>
>Dubstep is shit, with the exception of one or two skrillex songs
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
>Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
>Queen, PF, and The Beatles were really great bands and are probably the most influential artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
>UK Garage music is the best musical genre to be invented in the last 10 years and UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>I really don't like 'Oldschool' or 'newschool' rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
>Metal is not for kids and is a great genre
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5, Disclosure, and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>most /mu/core is shit
>Daft Punk are actually really good and are deserve to be famous
>I don't think that songs without singing are good
>I think jazz is boring
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters
>>
>Animal Collective, besides a couple of songs, is pretentious garbage
>>
>>64170987
the third point is valid and contradicts all your other points.
>>
>>64170687
White people haven't made any good music since around the mid-80s
>>
File: 1454024540263.jpg (26 KB, 396x360) Image search: [Google]
1454024540263.jpg
26 KB, 396x360
>>
>liturgy are one of the greatest bands of all time, and definitely the greatest active band
>how "authentic" an artist is matters fuck all, originality is more important
>the album format is outdated thanks to mp3s, and i wish more fans and artists would quit sticking to that tradition
>music reviews are outdated thanks to youtube/streaming
>>
Steely Dan is great.
>>
>>64171113
It is just an opinion, that 3rd point contradicts everything then
>>
>>64170687
I have become bored of all music
>>
>>64170687
This is a great album
>>
>>64171151
do you count Jews as white
>>
>>64171205
Then you need to get off /mu/, try new genres and don't allow opinions on 4chan to dictate what you should and shouldn't be listening to.
>>
these threads should just be called opinion threads

the whole unpopular opinion thing is too complicated (unpopular to who, on /mu/? among the rest of the world?)
>>
>>64171248
No, and btw, no Jew has ever made good music
>>
>>64171327
this
>>
>>64171205
Is it because you went crazy over experimental music and then saw no point after you reached the limit of inaccessibility? If that is the case then I'll tell you it's a poisonous mindset and is a senseless way to listen to music.
>>
>Panda Bear is Brian Wilson of our generation
>Painting With is AnCo top 3 best albums possibly THE best
>Joanna Newsom has a horrible voice
>Grimes is the worst indie artist I have ever heard
>>
>>64171051
low quality b8
>>
>>64171406
epic dude im keking so hard
>>
>>64170687
Beatles were pop at one point
>>
>>64170687
Kpop and Jpop being bad is a popular opinion, and also a correct one.
>>
>>64170746
>>64171046
tryhard is in his early 20s. I know him in real life :) .
>>
>>64171588
You don't know me mate
>>
LCD Soundsystem sucks
Every Weezer album is bad
The only good Bowie albums are Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, and Blackstar
>>
ok computer is the fourth, maybe fifth best radiohead album
>>
>radiohead is extremely overrated, lp9 will most likely be shit like their last one but people will jizz all over it as usual
>death grips is shit
>>
most of /mu/ are stupid kids that wear music like fashion. Actively promoting Le Velvet Underground Banana Records in 2016 is reddit tier, nu-boomer cuckoldry
>>
I have no idea what constitutes "unpopular" around here, but I know a fair bit of people like 808s and heartbreak
I tried listening to it and it was awful, i don't even hate kanye that much either
>>
unpopular opinion IRL: popular on /mu/
unpopular opinion on /mu/: popular IRL
>>
>>64170687
Terrorism is the new Rock'n'Roll. the subversive potential of popular music has been exhausted. That's what the paris attacks were all about.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.