[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (240 KB, 494x714) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240 KB, 494x714
Are they really broken up? Or are they still a band?
>>
that was a while ago. a truly embarrassing post that i'm sure they regret deeply
>>
>>64161761
Why
>>
>>64161866
>a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision
>above and beyond a "band"
>please stay legend

it's some of the most eyeroll-worthy shit ever written about them, and to make matters worse it's coming straight from death grips themselves
>>
>>64162088
Yoooo
>>
nah they just didn't want to tour with NIN, though at first i assumed they were upset about the NoTM reception by critics and decided to call it quits
>>
Honestly they should call it quits after BP imo. I know they don't care who listens to their music, but their fanbase is fucking beyond embarrassing. Odd Future kiddies, people who care more about the memes than the music, etc. And the contrarians/people who eyeroll every time DG is mentioned are also pretty insufferable.
>>
>>64161718
Death Grips were so interesting back when they were no-showing gigs and just being really mysterious and intense in general. They had their spot in history cemented and then they went and released Jenny Death which was a corny capstone on their discography in my opinion, and that they're releasing a new album I really couldn't give a fuck anymore. They do not interest me in the slightest and theyre only still releasing music because MC Ride would probably kill himself if they disbanded.
>>
>>64162436
when they were mysterious and intense everyone in the music industry hated them, now that they're just a normal band who show up to shows, play and leave, everyone still hates them. Also, the Pitchfork butthurt over Death Grips is glorious. Last night at the show there was a few Pitchfork writers in the back drinking starbucks and rolling their eyes. They truly do not give a fuck about music seeing as they're still this cynical because DG skipped out on their shit festival lol.
>>
>>64162436
they were ruined by their fanbase

when the cringe started the critics fled
>>
>>64161718
>above and beyond a "band"
What a bunch a pretentious fucks.
>>
>>64162436
>half an album doesn't deliver
>the result is you don't care about the band anymore
This generation is shit-tier.
>>
>>64162716
if Kanye West said "Kanye West was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition, above and beyond music" everyone would scream "YAAAAS KANYE BLESSSSS". It's just cool to hate Death Grips now.
>>
File: 1447577360129s.jpg (4 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
1447577360129s.jpg
4 KB, 250x191
reminder that if you listen to this meme you will surely be cucked in adulthood
>>
>>64162436
>in my opinion
thanks for teh blog update senpai, but how do i unsub ???
>>
I don't really listen to them anymore but I don't hate them. They fill a special niche for a lot of people and they are really good at what they do. I'd go see them live again, it was a pretty fun time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.