[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I pretend to like pop music to appear open-minded >I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1433175238926.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1433175238926.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>I pretend to like pop music to appear open-minded
>I'm self-conscious of being denoted an elitist so I trick myself into liking shit music so I can level with plebs
>>
Pet peeve 4 sure
>>
Looking @ you, grimesfags.
>>
Poptimism is just a knee jerk reaction to le wrong generation

Prove me wrong
>>
>>64160380
I can't.

You're 100% right and it's just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>64160380
>>64160388
This.

See subreddits like /r/lewronggeneration for proof
>>
File: no.png (329 KB, 300x577) Image search: [Google]
no.png
329 KB, 300x577
>>64160355
on the flipside:
>i dislike anything that could be considered "poppy" as to avoid being associated with poptimists
either is terrible, honestly. taste shouldn't be reactionary to trends imo
>>
I don't even pretend to like Pop music.
I ONLY like pop music.
Not here for non-catchy garbage with weak melodies.
>>
>>64160355
THIS

poptimism needs to die
>>
Everything in life should be perceived, viewed and acted upon with moderation (moderation within moderation even). Take anything to any extreme and it's a bad thing
>>
Can we get a poptimism chart going? We need to have some kind of shortcut to dismiss people like this.
>>
It's silly to adjust your taste to others. I think that assuming pop is inherently devoid of artistic merit is alsp silly. Even if it was that wouldn't make people that like pop any lesser or more than you.
>>
>"pretending" to like something that is literally created to have widespread mass appeal
I hope you realize how stupid this sounds
>>
proud poptimist and vulgar auteurist here, ask me anything.
>>
>>64160634
Why am I so much better than you?
>>
>>64160412
shout outs to everyone in that subreddit for having the lamest music tastes ever and somehow being elitist about it
>>
>>64160634
I'm really pleased I'm so much better than you. Honestly. Thank you, Jesus.
>>
i like experimental music but i also like pop music. i also like when those two mix. i don't understand who it needs to be analyzed, it's just that sometimes i want the other thing and sometimes i don't
>>
>>64160651
>>64160825
Waah! I like Bergman and Swans, why cant everyone get on my level!!! >:-O
>>
>>64160634
How is it that even I, a fucking tripfag, am better than you?
>>
I'll be honest with you OP, the only pop I like is gimmick pop like dirty projectors.
>>
>>64160787
Kek isn't like half of that subreddit from /mu/?
>>
>>64160871
Yea, like 2 years ago, not anymore.
>>
I still think you put something like The White Album on, hook any hipster up to one of those brainwave things, and watch their pleasure centers just go fucking nuts when "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" comes on
>>
>>64160871
They're all /mu/ rejects. Their taste is so bad they were actually rejected here
>>
File: 14562165231.jpg (162 KB, 374x452) Image search: [Google]
14562165231.jpg
162 KB, 374x452
>>64160787
It's really baffling to me how they saw fit to combine the two worst characteristics of both parties.

It's like, instead of having good taste and not being a dick about it, they were just like, "NAH BRO FUCK LITERALLY EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH MY PARTICULARLY AWFUL TASTE."
>>
File: 1458453670623.png (484 KB, 626x431) Image search: [Google]
1458453670623.png
484 KB, 626x431
>>64160852
>being this butthurt over people being better than you
>>
>>64160853
This is a good question
>>
>>64160852
I'M SO GLAD
>>
I don't know why anyone has to like or hate pop music. It is what it is, and a lot of it is catchy.

Just because a Taylor Swift song get stuck in your head doesn't mean you have to respect her artistic ability. She's pumping out tunes to get rich and you enjoyed one. Big deal.

Start enjoying music and stop using it as cultural points to valuate yourselves.
>>
>>64160500
http://www.billboard.com/biz/charts/the-billboard-hot-100
>>
>>64161117
>Subscribe to billboard biz to continue reading this chart
Fucking Jews.
>>
>>64160380

No, prove it first you dip.
>>
Pop covers so large an area only idiots say the don't like any of it. It isn't just top 40 stuff. Most people that brush it off probably listen to a lot of pop music too. Not even in the everything but classical and folk definition either.
>>
>>64160355
I genuinely enjoy pop music..Was a guilty pleasure but now I really don't care.
>>
>>64162928
You're also a white, greasy, morbidly obese Ricardo López tier NEET, so nobody cares about your opinions on music.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.