[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The Flaming Lips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 620x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 620x825
Thoughts on The Flaming Lips?
>>
The most important band of 2016
>>
use to like them til i found out waynes an attention seeking drama stirring asshole. its fucked how he fired the drummer over petty shit
>>
Fucking god damned hippies
>>
Collabing with Miley Cyrus is the only good thing they've done.
>>
soft bulletin and yoshimi are good, the rest is forgettable

plus wayne fucking sucks both as a person and a singer
>>
I'm from Oklahoma. I like them solely because we're from the same area.
>>
>>64147438
I liked them before 2015
>>
>>64147438
Weezer-type band. When they are good they are soooo good. But, when they are bad they are straight garbage.
>>
Rokk on!!!!
>>
not really that great anymore
but i'll be damned if everything they made before 2002 isn't at least good
>>
embryonic is the only good thing they have ever done, and it's not even that good

all the albums people overly hype like soft bulletin, yoshimi etc. are entry level quirky alt rock trash with the zaniness turned to 11 and a goofy layer of psychedelic aesthetic to make avant preteens think they are listening to some anti-establishment drug-music when in reality they are being shovelled some post-grunge ass buttrock with phasers and funny lyrics about robots fighting like you might expect to find in the highschool diary of any spork-wielding superdork with a bob and dr. martens
>>
>>64147592

So many good artists are fucking pricks. Gotta learn to separate the artist from the art. Sure, Wayne's a douche, but TFL have made some flawless records.
>>
Hshshhehee
>>
I like em. I've listened to the entry level ones: Yoshimi, Soft Bulletin, AWWtM, and Embryonic

And I've gotten into Clouds Taste Metallic and Hit to Death on the Future Head, which are both great too. Solid group overall, but they don't really have an album that puts them "up there"
>>
File: 1442435561905.gif (304 KB, 402x414) Image search: [Google]
1442435561905.gif
304 KB, 402x414
>>64147438
Bullshitters turning wanking into cash
>>
a worthwhile band

a creative band

the fact they're stuck in classic rock, and pop, songwriting styles that they only push in safe ways can be annoying to people, but if u don't like that i don't see any reason why you would bother listening to them.

so long as you can enjoy pop structure, yoshimi and the soft bulletin are classics and quite a few of their other albums are worthwhile. Embryonic made a big splash at the time of release, but i haven't seen it being rememberred as fondly as yoshimi/bulletin
>>
>>64151647
:)
>>
>>64149382
Embryonic is literally stale post-kraut trash, parts of it are like almost psychedelic crescendocore.

The rest of what you've said is uneducated, baseless statements and the fact you think the Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi are "rock".

ftfy
>>
>>64154879
t. dumbass avant pre-teen
>>
>>64147438
wasting their talent
>>
>>64154978
They are talented wastes
>>
>>64154999
mu's ogrelord
>>
>>64149415
I usually would agree with you, but when bands have internal conflicts it's different because it will inevitably change their future music
>>
>>64154967
t. is unable to refute
>>
Think Embryonic was their last wind. They're kinda reliant on becoming a live band now. I really want Steven Drozd to quit and do solo stuff and let Wayne be an asshole in peace.
>>
>>64155108
nice post gaylord
>>
>>64155112
Either this or Ronald Jones rejoins and they become a noise-pop machine again
>>
>>64155026
my ogreload
>>
>>64147438
theyre flaming alright ;^)
>>
>>64155139

this.

Flaming Lips have two great albums, Transmissions and Clouds Taste Metallic. Everything else is just good.
>>
>>64147438
I think they're a bunch of god damn asshats that became so enamored by their own success that they forgot they used to be an extremely solid band.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.