[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post what music youre listening to and tell me why you still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 18
File: 1439505667376.jpg (139 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1439505667376.jpg
139 KB, 580x580
post what music youre listening to and tell me why you still come to this board
>>
no music
it makes me feel smart
>>
File: 61ZmHD9Bk3L.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61ZmHD9Bk3L.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>pic

I don't know, I always just come here, it's like a daily routine. Someone please save me
>>
qt bune
>>
File: iwanna.png (7 KB, 326x309) Image search: [Google]
iwanna.png
7 KB, 326x309
>>64138466
>>
Tool - The Pot.

I'm just here because occasionally I find good artists and albums. The vast majority of this board is shitposting by the world's most insufferable and pretentious faggot teenagers. It's remarkable how annoying the kids here are.
>>
>>64138504
I
>>
File: folder.jpg (39 KB, 497x491) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
39 KB, 497x491
just listened to The Durutti Column - LC. it was recced to me by someone here and I really enjoyed it. I may not have heard it if not for that. seems like a good enough reason to stay

also, shitposting :^)
>>
File: MADVILLAINY.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
MADVILLAINY.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Madvillainy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWTuvdL-LQ

Sometimes to learn more about that /mu/ core, sometimes to shitpost.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1242x909) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1242x909
i come here for bunny girls

i listen to bunny music

=^x^=
>>
That actually is a really cute bunny
>>
listening to tom waits for the first time, i had no idea he was a pirate

i come here to pass time when im bored and occasionally discover new music
>>
Bluetile Lounge - Lowercase
It's legitimately the only place where music discussion is both easy and fruitful, even if it's shit
>>
File: cover.jpg (560 KB, 2554x2539) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
560 KB, 2554x2539
I've got nowhere else to go
>>
File: ahoy matey!.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
ahoy matey!.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
>>64138820
Yarr, 'tis the way of the sea! We all be pirates!
>>
Angel Olsen

Been awhile, just checking in. It's much worse than I remember
>>
File: Sacri-Monti.jpg (496 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Sacri-Monti.jpg
496 KB, 800x800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHIzf8w7CQE

If you ignore the shitposting there is a lot to be learned. I'd link you an example but the rbt archive is down.
>>
>>64138932
There is this cancerous general /daily/ that purports to promote real musical discussion, but really it's just a breeding ground for tripfags and their blogs.

Seriously, look at this shit. Every single person has a trip. I can't fathom that these threads aren't regularly deleted and the users permabanned. >>64133657
>>
>Steady Holiday - Open Water

Got back home from a road trip and this is my way to relax while laundry is getting done.

Also, I was curious about whomever is playing on Coachella atm.
>>
It's one of the biggest, most active music communities on the internet that I'm aware of. Only reddit compares in those terms. This place is relatively uncensored, and does not have the cancerous upvote system and userbase of feckless shitmunchers that attracts. A free-for-all uncensored anonymous imageboard inevitably has issues of its own, but it is by far preferable to me. Sure, there is a huge amount of shitposting to wade through, but a) let's not pretend that isn't at least part of the appeal b) there is still more worthwhile content produced on this board in a day than a place like reddit could produce in a week
>>
File: farscape-1920x1280.jpg (927 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
farscape-1920x1280.jpg
927 KB, 1920x1280
I'm not listening to music though I was just listening to Endtroducing while playing Dark Souls 3. Currently watching Farscape

And because I find a lot of new shit to listen to here and sometimes have pleasant conversations, and I like to lurk on other people's arguments. Oh also the memes and shitposting
>>
File: cover.jpg (990 KB, 897x897) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
990 KB, 897x897
On an Ugly Mane binge
>>
File: I have no mouth.jpg (21 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
I have no mouth.jpg
21 KB, 250x323
>>64138319
the soundtrack to pic related

sometimes the threads are funny and sometimes I find interesting stuff on here. Plus I have barely anyone I know irl with even vaguely similar music tastes so I've not exactly got anywhere else to go
>>
>>64138509
It wasn't always this bad believe it or not. These kids need to get off the fucking lawn.
>>
>>64139366
and routine more than anything. it's a fun, noxious little community
>>
>>64139452
The old PC game of that book is awesome.
>>
>>64139366
>>64139533

rip human rap game
ugly mane gives dubs
>>
scott walker, & i'm here cos notification sounds make me anxious as shit but i need something to do when I can't sleep
>>
File: vlv.jpg (61 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
vlv.jpg
61 KB, 319x319
Because I lost all my friends I have nothing else to do
>>
File: wizard.jpg (73 KB, 499x600) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
73 KB, 499x600
A compilation
Used to just pop by from another board then i learned someone i know came here, got hooked, now i pop in like im hooked and stuff
>>
File: clash-london_30.jpg (296 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
clash-london_30.jpg
296 KB, 600x600
>>64140258
Exactly this
>>
rainy and home alone so just chillin, lookin for new shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxOZUseg5OI

Discovering new stuff and occasional shitposting
>>
Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello

I usually don't anymore, but I have this board as a forced redirect if I try to go to an even more cancerous board out of habit
>>
>>64138982
I mean at least it's all contained to that one thread
>>
im listenimg to my dog whine and i have nobody else to make fun of my music taste
>>
>>64142942
That's what I thought but now they are going and starting vanity threads with selfies as the thread pic, and threaten to kick one another out of the skype group and shit like that.
>>
>>64138319
Death's dynaimc shroud.wmv - i'l try living like this

Post caustic fake opinions, memes, accusing people who post caustic opinions of memeing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
charts mostly
>>
Im listening to some eurobeat from my over 5k song Eurobeat collection.
I come to this board to find cool music that i wouldnt hear about through normal venues.
>>
>>64138537
The second best thing to come out of Ian Curtis' life (after New Order).
>>
Leviathan - Scar Sighted

i come here for the music "discussion" and the latest, trending memes
>>
File: bill_callahan-apocalypse.jpg (103 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
bill_callahan-apocalypse.jpg
103 KB, 608x608
Listenin to pic related.

And I don't know, probably just keep coming out of habit at this point.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.