[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films, TV etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (51 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
51 KB, 530x800
Does anyone else not really care about other media really? I'll watch films and tv shows and enjoy them but nothing ever grabs me the way music does except for reading
>>
>>64134231
TV shows are crap now, but I love a nice film every now and then.
>>
>>64135527
>TV shows are crap now
you realize we're in the golden age of tv, right?
>>
>>64134231
i'm pretty much the same; i keep up to date on a few tv shows but it wouldn't really bother me if i didn't nowadays, and films haven't really 'done' it for me for a few years (not to say i can't enjoy them)

i'm also illiterate so i can't read actually
>>
I really relate to this. I like films but just what you would expect from the kind of music I like (Lynch Kubrick Scorsese Coppola etc) but I think my biggest regret is that I just never fucking read. I only have so much brain power I can allocate towards art every day and literature just falls by the wayside
>>
>>64135548
Not in Europe, and i'm not bothering with any yank crap, yanks are about as funny as toothache.
>>
Anyone here read all star superman
>>
>>64134231
Not that into TV, although I watch it quite a bit just to relax. Films effect me way more than music, and I enjoy them much more. Being a lazy shit I find it to straining to watch them often tough. A large part of my music consumption is me walking or on the train - not sure if I'd be as into it if I didn't have all that time...
>>
>>64135548
"The golden age of TV" just means they're not quite as shit as they used to be. Popular television shows still change directors and writers every fucking episode and no one who watches them cares because they generally no nothing about film and just accept it
>>
>>64135548
What should I watch? Everything I've seen on Netflix or TV doesn't do it for me like a great movie can.
>>
>>64135779
The leftovers
>>
>>64135682
>I'm a pleb, and I'm confident about it
>>
>>64135740
>Popular television shows still change directors and writers every fucking episode and no one who watches them cares because they generally no nothing about film and just accept it

Television is a different medium in which the show creator and its producers are the ones handling the direction of the show, telling the team of writers and directors specific orders regarding what to elaborate or handle.

Besides, why would that fucking matter? Are you questioning the quality of The Sopranos because it has lot of directors and writers?
>>
>>64136021
I've never watched the The Sopranos but in my experience what's considered "good television" really just means "mediocre film" and people just have lower standards. Not that it's always bad, I still really love the first season of twin peaks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.