[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So many tracks on this record have an incredibly high "wow"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
So many tracks on this record have an incredibly high "wow" factor, with instrumentation and unidentifiable sounds that are unlike just about anything I have ever heard. Yet, everything comes together in a remarkably cohesive product. The vocal arrangements are simply staggering, with the interplay between the singers moving with stunning speed, erudition and wit. Each song is a fine tuned piece of pop alchemy. From 'Spilling Guts' to 'Golden Gal' to 'Recycling' and everything in between, Painting With brings one triumph after another. It is clear that Avey Tare, Panda Bear and Geologist have honed in something game changing in pop music. In many ways, the fact that Painting With will likely be the most accessible Animal Collective album to date amplifies its potential impact, as the uniqueness of the record will reach even more listeners. This is a lush, intellectual and brilliant collection, constantly teeming with sounds, innovations and ideas. Topping Merriweather Post Pavilion once seemed like a nigh impossible task, but if any album could do it and enter the pop canon as Animal Collective's masterpiece, it would be Painting With.
>>
that's a pasta, but the album is a 9/10 anyway
>>
>>64134153
Pasta?
>>
http://www.thefourohfive.com/music/review/animal-collective-painting-with-145
>>
File: 1433964776512.gif (956 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
1433964776512.gif
956 KB, 500x240
>>64134153
>AnCo
>anything higher than 5
>>
>>64134037
>>64134153

I thought we were over the "Pet Sounds 2.0" meme
>>
>>64134208
>bait
>anything higher than a 2
>>
File: 1391796690265.gif (2 MB, 172x224) Image search: [Google]
1391796690265.gif
2 MB, 172x224
>>64134208
this post. this fucking post.
>>
Spilling Guts is 100% filler and the EDM style of Natural Selection is really unnapealing, it clashes with the hocketing and Panda's singing style really horribly to me. Hook isn't that good either.
Other than that I like every track.
>>
>>64134289
The end of Spilling Guts is one of the best parts of the album, dude.
>>
>>64134449
Shre, but that's the only good part about it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.