[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on gore, racism, pedophilia, sexual violence,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: skin crime boxset wallets.jpg (141 KB, 599x707) Image search: [Google]
skin crime boxset wallets.jpg
141 KB, 599x707
What is your opinion on gore, racism, pedophilia, sexual violence, questionable politics and generally hateful or violent themes in music and art?

Should they be censored? Have their distribution controlled? I found out recently that Discogs blocked the sale of a few Mikko Aspa projects because of their content. Is this ethical? Should artists not have the right to explore these themes, even without consent from those depicted? And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands? This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.
>>
Racist, sexist and fascist music needs to be forbidden and people who write it should be shot. We live in a tolerant liberal society and there is no place for such music in 2016.
>>
File: 1459710703095.png (135 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459710703095.png
135 KB, 900x900
Go to /pol/ faggot
>>
>>64127511
I missed this meme thread.

This is the same guy who posts "noise is not music".
>>
>>64127511
>Should they be censored?
No. Freedom of artistic expression.
>Have their distribution controlled?
Not by law. Private corporations can make their own decision about this.
>I found out recently that Discogs blocked the sale of a few Mikko Aspa projects because of their content. Is this ethical?
Sure. Private corporations' decisions don't in these matters don't infringe on artists' rights
>Should artists not have the right to explore these themes, even without consent from those depicted?
Nobody's stopping them.
>And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands?
I'm not sure what this means but I'm guessing that it still falls under freedom of speech and artistic expression.
>>
Reminder to ignore these threads.
>>
>>64127570
I've posted this exactly three times in the past few months. I'm just looking for new, insightful opinions.

>This is the same guy who posts "noise is not music"
No it isn't.
>>
>>64127511
>What is your opinion on gore, racism, pedophilia, sexual violence, questionable politics and generally hateful or violent themes in music and art?
If it's for dramatic purposes, anything goes, although I wouldn't listen to pedo stoner doom or Aphex Twin - Kill White People.
>Should they be censored? Have their distribution controlled?
Nah.
>Should artists not have the right to explore these themes
Yes
>, even without consent from those depicted?
No.
>>
>>64127601
Again, I'm not sure if someone else has been spamming something similar, but I can assure you it's not me. I barely post on or even visit /mu/ anymore.

>>64127581
Thanks for your input. I hadn't considered private corporations' roles in this, I suppose they have just as much freedom as artists to control what they wish, how they wish.
>>
>>64127630
>I'm just looking for new, insightful opinions.
>on a mongolian carpet shrinking board

apex kek my man
>>
>>64127511
Idk I think it's a bit stupid and edgy but it's whatever
>>
>>64127685
>just let the shitposting fester and take over
No.

>>64127686
>stupid and edgy
Why do you think this? Genuinely curious. I always see a lot of people - even at live shows recently - say this same kind of thing regarding anything even slightly confrontational.

Imo, it's only ever stupid or edgy when it's done in blatantly bad taste, usually by those who don't have much interest in art, or have respect for the themes they're dealing with. And it's always pretty clear when that is the case.
>>
>>64127511
>tfw no skin crime box set
>>
>>64127794
Tesco Germany still have copies! You'll probably want to act fast, though.
>>
>>64127511
>What is your opinion on gore, racism, pedophilia, sexual violence, questionable politics and generally hateful or violent themes in music and art?

It's fine.

Not at all.

>Have their distribution controlled?

What you're talking about here, which is certain types of noise and black metal, is already pretty obscured from view and doesn't really have the sort of distribution behind it that a new Matador or Rough Trade or whatever band will have.
The only way to buy a lot of this shit is through mail order from the labels which release it, certain distributors, certain niche record stores or even the artists themselves.
I think that this already functions as a form of controlled distribution. I don't think anyone other than the people who are actively seeking this shit out will stumble upon it.

>Is this ethical?

I don't think ethics play much of a part in what a huge site like Discogs does. It's their site, they can do whatever they want with it and they're responsible for what it's used for by its users, and if that means blocking the sale of some albums for the sake of not pissing off their investors then shit, let them do it.

>Should artists not have the right to explore these themes

Absolutely.

>even without consent from those depicted?

Absolutely.

>And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands?

The only thing which dictates the acceptability or unacceptability of certain ideas is the social climate of a time. Banning ideas you loathe today only opens up the door for someone else to step in and ban the ideas you identify with but they loathe tomorrow, which is a constant cycle.
>>
>>64127541
You totally nailed that imaginary person in your head.
>>
>>64127541
>>
>>64127754
the definition of edgy and its original intended use have kinda been lost due to becoming one of 4chan's (and the internet at large) go to criticisms. Now it's just used to signify "anything that deals with darker themes that I don't like"
>>
>>64127511
>your opinion on gore, racism, pedophilia, sexual violence, questionable politics and generally hateful or violent themes in music and art

You can find most of these themes explored in a way through the discography of a band like KISS though, what makes some Scandinavian one-man black metal band weirdo any more dangerous than Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons?
>>
>>64127541
Irony
>>
>>64127511
Censoring art in general defeats the purpose of it. So no to everything you're asking
>>
>>64127511
i need the v0 of this boxset asap
>>
>>64127874
Gene Simmons is probably a whole lot more dangerous that this guy, Gene has LOTS of lovely money and could have you killed within the slice of a circumcision if you so much as crossed him, very much like what is happening to Ace Frehley right now.
>>
>>64127969
iirc there is a flac rip floating around

i had no idea people on /mu/ gave a fuck about skin crime
>>
>>64127993
>i had no idea people on /mu/ gave a fuck about skin crime

The Hospital retrospective has been a hot topic in /noise/ lately. Like half of that general bought that fucking box, and the other half is begging for rips.
>>
>>64127541
>Your rights end where my feelings begin
>>
>>64128169
Welcome to the modern tumblr rhetoric.
>>
>>64127511
all is fair in art

>>64127893
>>64128169
Do you not understand the problem with tolerance?
The moment you tolerate the intolerant, you will lose tolerance itself, therefore you must not tolerate those who actively oppose it.
This obviously includes Muslims.

Have you people really never read Popper?
Why am even asking, of course you haven't.
>>
>>64129294
>This obviously includes Muslims.
>>>/pol/
Please go over there if you want to circlejerk over your god emperor führer Trump (I'M NOT A NAZI BTW GUYS I SWEAR).
>>
>>64129419
This also includes Trump.
>>
>>64127993
skin crime has been my favorite since the early 00s, along with macronympha and pedestrian deposit. eyestrain is my favorite release and I even have the cdr reissue.

>>64128085
you're saying that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>64129718
>you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Wasn't my intention at all, I'm always glad to see genuine enthusiasm for this stuff.
>>
I am 100% against any censorship in any form.
>>
>>64127541
>do what I say or there will be consequences
>we have to be tolerant
>white people are evil
>race doesn't exist

Do libcucks belieb this shit?
>>
best way to beat bad ideas is to expose them not suppress
>>
anything that is used against people you dislike can be used against you eventually
>>
Anime is the best.
>>
They should have a warning. Not like "Explicit Language" but a seperate one like "Extreme Gore" or something
I can't look at that picture in the bottom right corner, it's really disturbing to me, and I feel like artists are allowed to express themselves, but at the same time, not everyone wants to necessarily see that.
It's more about warning the consumer and definitely not censoring the artist
>>
>>64129294
wow someone didn't read a book you read. so uninformed.,...
>>
>>64127511
In principle I don't think art or speech should be censored but I've yet to hear a good NSBM band (unless Nokturnal Mortum counts)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.