[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most music is either subcultural or autistic. (Good) subcultural:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bertolucci2.jpg (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bertolucci2.jpg
646 KB, 1920x1080
Most music is either subcultural or autistic.

(Good) subcultural: Queens of the Stone Age
(Good) autistic: Einstuerzende Neubauten

But I don't want to associate myself publicly with either a group, or an isolated interest.

The Velvet Underground has some of the aloofness I'm looking for, neither for big crowds nor lone listeners, but is a little too historical at this point. It would be almost like having Citizen Kane for movie night. There's a time and a place, but it's not a staple.

I listen to whatever I want in private; this is about public situations.

In short, I want music that isn't alienating, and that doesn't associate me with a subculture.
What comes to mind, /mu/?

Photograph of my soul unrelated.
>>
Are you retarded? Quit trying to fit in, listen to what you like and take comfort in knowing it's good because you like it.
>>
If you're asking how to not look autistic in front of people when talking about music don't worry, because by asking this question I can already tell you're a fucking retard and so can everyone else.
Listen to what you enjoy and if people don't enjoy it don't talk. If they don't know it tell them why you like it. There's ways to talk about "autistic" music without seeming like a snob.
>>
>>64119316
So in other words, be yourself and take flak for it.
Sorry, but no. I'd much rather deceive you.

I even like to avoid walking into traffic. I'm super tricksy and evasive like that.
>>
>>64119526
There are also ways to talk about my interest in coral without seeming like a snob, but I don't do that because I am not a bore.

Look, you sincere, jeans wearing Stevens can go play catch with your pastor, or whatever. I'm not interested in your useless authenticity.
>>
I think what you're going to find is that in social situations you have to be really broad. A lot of hip people who aren't really aligned with a subculture or into autistic narrow interests just really appreciate great pop songs.
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Outta My Head
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
Young Thug - Halftime
Kraftwerk - Computer Love
I dunno, I'm not that interested in this topic atm but like maybe you should change your patterns of music discovery to highlight actual popular music or things that don't have niche aesthetic signifiers. I don't give a shit! I'm sticking my tongue out at you.
>>
>>64119704
>Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Outta My Head
Dear God, no. It's not a bad song, as such, just old pop music.

>The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
>Kraftwerk - Computer Love
These are pretty OK.

Still, I'm basically looking for another Velvet Underground, though not necessarily rock.

I'll probably also play Erik Satie.
>>
>>64120456
they'll probably think satie is weird

if they don't new friends i guess then
>>
>>64121120
Well, as long as it isn't abrasive or vulgar, then it's fine by me.

Most classical music is in sweatervest territory.
I'm not rich enough to be allowed to like it without also being a nerd and piano player.
Satie is an exception precisely because he is weird.
>>
My favorite album is Tokyo Anal Dynamite. There's a reason why these threads are utterly pointless.
>>
>>64123770
What is that reason?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.