[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people on /mu/ listen to music they actually enjoy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 4ae.jpg (107 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
4ae.jpg
107 KB, 800x900
How many people on /mu/ listen to music they actually enjoy, instead of just what /mu/ says is good?
>>
>>64118965
/mu/ doesn't say anything is good
>>
how many cocks do you suck because you actually enjoy them, instead of just because you're a faget
>>
>>64118965
I listen to whatever the fuck I want. I don't let a bunch a online NEETs dictate my taste
>>
>>64119058
wow you're such a strong independent black woman
>>
>>64119079
thank you :)
>>
i only come here to shitpost and chew bubblegum and im all out of bubblegum.
>>
eleven
>>
>>64118965
I listen to whatever I feel like listening to
I get shit from /mu/ sometimes for my tastes but I don't care about it
>>
I don't know why this is an issue. This is an anonymous forum lmao. Just listen to whatever you like it. Mu Gon shit on your taste anyway. Probably because you're a fucking pleb (i know this because of this thread)
>>
>>64119252
yeah well check em
>>
i do listen to what i want, but that is mostly considered shit by a large part of this board
>>
I enjoy what /mu/ says is good (for the most part)
>>
I'm listening to a Willie Nelson album rn, not exactly /mu/core
>>
I listen to what I like. Some of that overlaps with stuff /mu/ in general likes, some doesn't. I always took it that the point of this place is discussion, which never happens, and a jumping off point. Like someone with shitty taste could come here and emerge as someone who is open minded and critically listens to a lot of good music. That's why people are criticized when someone says OKC or ItaOtS are their favorites, because they're /mu/core. And all /mu/core is is a place to start. You listen to those, then you go off on your own and find music to listen to. Of course that doesn't happen for everyone, but I think that's the optimal way for it to happen. Ideally, /mu/ shouldn't always be talking about the same ~20 albums all the time, it should be talking about a range of all sorts of music. Either way, /mu/ isn't a place to discover music, just to talk about it
>>
>>64119435
/mu/ can lead to a lot of good discoveries though. I found Joanna Newsom, Exuma, Blaze Foley and other tools like rym and allmusic through /mu/
>>
I love rap and unground suff
>>
I'll listen to both. Stuff that /mu/ says is good usually is good (but not always, of course). The problem is /mu/'s stupid juvenile attitude, which stems from the fact that most of its users are either barely 18 or underage, and the fact that it ignores so much other stuff in favor of the same old pool of albums and bands over and over and over again.
>>
>>64119569
I always thought everyone on /mu/ listened to a variety of stuff and /mu/core is just what we all had in common.

Man was I wrong.
>>
I've been listening to what I like since I got here

I mostly used /mu/ for all the old sharethreads back when you could upload to mediafire
>>
>>64120133
It is give or take who you talk to, spider land is in my albums of goat,
>>
>>64118965
i do. chances are most of you guys are lame so i just check sharethreads for new music but besides that i read threads for laughs
>>
>>64120200
Sharethreads turned to shit
I haven't lurked around them recently but when I gave up on them there were always the same few genres being spammed over and over again
/mu/ people have a very narrow taste, most of the time, and you can see that on sharethreads
>>
>>64120354
i usually find a couple albums worth listening to
>>
i rarely go on /mu/ actually because it makes me feel inferior, and then i listen to music i like and it makes me feel better

i think people on here (obviously) forget what music TO like and just realize that people like different kinds of music at different times and according to their mood

/mu/ is actually pretty bad at recommending music similar to what you like, you'll probably get shot down or something, but sometimes people hear you out
>>
Wait, I thought /mu/ ironically act like pretentious and pompous elitist faggots just to troll the normies. You mean people here unironically thinks that musical quality has no place in subjectivity? What?!
>>
>>64120573
>i rarely go on /mu/ actually because it makes me feel inferior
quit being a bitch
>>
>>64118965
yeah i just download as many albums i can from as many new artists i can find (new to me) not giving a fuck what other people listen to. If i don't like the album i delete it. Nothing else to it really.
>>
>>64120608
From what I've seen, people who act like elitists are the ones who just discovered that music goes beyond the mucore chart
And they usually give up that attitude, as well as music as a whole, pretty quick
>>
>>64118965
All the time
>>
>>64118965
i legitimately like most /mu/core and sub-/mu/core, Weezer is shit though.
>>
File: face (25).png (5 KB, 451x115) Image search: [Google]
face (25).png
5 KB, 451x115
>>64118965
1. Have a core of songs I like.
2. Look up other songs by that artist.
3. Read P4K, RYM, Allmusic, anything that has reviews.
4. Go through all albums, best to worst.
5. Only keep songs that make me feel good.
>>
I've been listening to a lot of highschool core whiney suburban white boy music lately and I'm sure I'd get shit on plenty. I just don't post much if at all. I just come to /mu/ to lurk some threads and find more music that sounds interesting while I do other things. I'm not as deeply invested to spend all day on this board. I'm sure if you did that your taste would warp and you would become really self conscious, wanting to fit in and be the most patrish.
>>
>>64119340
Willie Nelson is considered hipster-country though, so you're not gonna get too much shit for liking it.
>>
>>64121002
I've had whole weekends I spend on this board. I don't have that problem.

Possibly something about the way you handle other people's opinions. Which may feed into why you like whiney suburban white boy music. Not to criticize or anything. What whiney suburban white boy music do you like exactly and why do you like it? How old are you? When did you start listening to this instead of other music? Are you an American? Why do you think you'll become increasingly self-conscious after hearing people's opinions?
>>
>>64118965
I enjoy listening to my pleb pop music
I heard one Animal Collective song and it was pure garbage.
Don't plan on making that mistake ever again.
>>
>>64121206
Try some other album by them, they're extremely different from each other.
>>
I don't care or even know what's liked here and what's not, I come here because I'm curious as to what people think of certain releases or genres. just what's talked about in general whether it be positive or negative. If you let your taste be ruled by an online message board you should probably reconsider your choices in life
>>
I stoppped listening to music years ago.
>>
Listening to psytrance right now you tell me.
>>
>>64118965
I love stuff that /mu/ thinks if irredeemable trash (like Taylor Swift). If people think my taste/charts are b8 then it's usually a good sign.
>>
>>64118965
Why would I even come here if not to get recommendations?
>>
File: 1459673961467.jpg (38 KB, 448x355) Image search: [Google]
1459673961467.jpg
38 KB, 448x355
>>64124467
Discussion?
>>
>>64119058
>literally likes mostly /mu/core

wew
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.