[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, being a pleb is a bad thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: music.jpg (36 KB, 605x402) Image search: [Google]
music.jpg
36 KB, 605x402
so, being a pleb is a bad thing?
>>
>>64117115
No, don't let people label you and make you feel bad about your taste.
People like Unty are cancer
>>
>>64117151
well that was unexpected coming from /mu, thank you
>>
At the end of the day we all like different music and thats ok
>>
yes because you contribute to the fact that people with taste have to be subjected to the same vapid manufactured committee-approved bullshit everywhere we go
>>
apart from the fact that you probably fund the destruction of one of the world's oldest artforms in its sickening transformation into a disingenuous corporate tool used to fuel the insatiable remorseless capitalist machine, no, there's nothing wrong with it
>>
>>64117115
If you have to ask..
>>
>>64117115
just don't pretend to take music seriously or act like you have a valid opinion if you're a pleb
>>
Being a "pleb" or "patrician" is not what you listen to but how you listen.

A RYM try hard who speeds through the Stockhausens, Cages, Ferneyhoughs, and 1000s of other "academic" and "obscure" material just show they show off their ratings profile is a pleb. They're not passionate about music. They're passionate about consumption for the sake of image, just like a 16 year old who consumes pop fare to fit in.

I think Scaruffi also falls into this group. It's just not humanly possible to listen to that much music carefully and critically, for multiple listens. He doesn't like music. He likes the idea of himself as a music "intellectual" or "expert."

Most of time, these types (RYM avant teens) are probably listening to music merely as background noise while they're doing something else, and probably through shit setups like earbuds or computer speakers. But they "rate it" as they've listened to critically.

So I would rate a pop fan who listens carefully and critically, on proper playback setups, more of a "patrician" than a person who can name drop the obscure and has rated 20,000 albums.
>>
>>64118504
What?
>>
>>64118902
Some insanely coherent posters here tonight, keep up the good work.
>>
>>64117115
Well, having no real interest in just one form of art, and consuming t as merely entertainment is not bad. I'm not really aknowledgeable about films (and I'm just a bit more informed about music desuu)

But there are people that really never take interest in anything at all, all their opinions serving just a hollow faccade.

Posters in the board often claim that the so called "patricians" don't even enjoy what they claim to listen but, would that be really worth it? in an anonymous board? I think most of non-blatant memery is genuine enjoyement of the medium.

Compare that to the people with generic safe opinions at everything (including things that are not art, like politics, people they loo up to, etc.). Do they really care enough about any of that?
Ofc not.

Being an absolute generic-safe person, and even becoming a philistine at the mere mention of something slightly obscure for you is something I consider bad for that person, and very frustrating for me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.