[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they overrated? I mean I get the incredible influence they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Are they overrated? I mean I get the incredible influence they had on rock at the time and how a whole generation of bands emulated them, but for real it seems that they are always the choice when people decide on best band when there is groups with better sounding songs with more meaningful lyrics

Also it seems that each member is considered to be the best at their respective instrument. Bonham is considered the best drummer, Page the best guitarist, etc...
>>
>>64117088
I think Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Iron Maiden are all pretty generic, boring garbage.
>>
I wish they did more proggy stuff like Stairway and Kashmere

other than that I don't care
>>
weirdly enough i didn't like led zeppelin when i was younger, but they grew on me, which seems to be the opposite of most people's led zeppelin experiences
>>
I Hated led Zeppelin until I got to vollege. Then a friend gave me a proper introduction. Listened to their albums for a couple years, then completely stopped. Haven't willfully played one of their albums in years. Sure, overrated.
>>
A serious issue has to do with how deliberately they dumb down their songs. Songs Stairway are serious composition in addition to rocking pretty hard. As stated, their "prog" songs are fantastic.

But way too man of the songs are a riff,chorus,riff,solo,riff, chorus,riff,riff,riff rigamarole. Page is great but compositionally he seriously gets repetitive. That formula works for communication breakdown but for 5+ min songs its damn lazy.
>>
>>64117088
Not at all. People do over hype them but their music still sounds good. They're a good band that are widely acclaimed that most (young) hardcore music fans label this as "Le Boring Dad Rock xD".

>>64117164
Being this much of a contrarian faggot
>>
File: 1316813559JimmyPage.jpg (81 KB, 980x527) Image search: [Google]
1316813559JimmyPage.jpg
81 KB, 980x527
>>64118324
This. I'm still a fan even after being introduced to numerous bands and genres throughout the years. Then again, it also has to do with the nostalgia attached to their music. Their debut is still one of my favorite albums.

Sure, there's the whole plagiarism thing, but the truth is...most Led Zeppelin fans don't care.
>>
>>64119018
i mean to be quite honest i'm not even a hardcore led zeppelin fan but i couldn't give a shit if jimmy page copied stuff or not

maybe i'm an asshole eh fuck it the band is good
>>
>>64117088
they are underrate anywhere outside youtube comments
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.