[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point are you a "fan" of an artist? For example,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: monkeys.jpg (183 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
monkeys.jpg
183 KB, 1000x750
At what point are you a "fan" of an artist?

For example, if the only Nirvana song your know and like Smells Like Teen Spirit, you really aren't a fan of the band, just their one megahit. Alternatively, if you like every Pink Floyd album without question, you can undoubtedly say that you are a Pink Floyd fan. Where is the middle point?

In order to say you are a fan, how invested in their music must you be? Like majority of their work, maybe?
>>
>>64112225
who cares dude its just music
>>
>>64112225
no way the majority

one album will do it if the band has less than 5
one plus anything else will do it in all circumstances
>>
>>64112262
Just a curious thought I had at work today
>>
when you're so insecure you need to attach part your identity to their image lmao
>>
>>64112225
when i've listened to all of, or the majority of their albums or want to see them live/wish i could have seen them live.
>>
>Joy Division
>tumblr

You may have a point there
>>
>>64112359
>>64113775
Meant to quote
>>
>>64112225

Listened to more than half of their albums.
>>
>>64112262
No fun senpai
>>
>>64112225
I only like Piper, Saucerful, and the live half of Ummagumma. Am I a PF fan?
>>
>>64113858
heeeey those are my favorite too
>>
>>64113858
yes.

and i agree with
>>64112313

You have to at least know one album pretty well. id say have listened to one of their full albums at least one time.
>>
>>64112313
If you only like one album, and they have more than two, then I wouldn't say your a fan of the band. Just that album.
>>
>>64114062
That's what I'm thinking. Realistically, if you like less than half of their material, you're not a fan. Maybe a fan of their "old" material (or whatever era they were/are making that music), but not of the band.
>>
i'd say liking at least a few of their albums...might depend on the size of their discography
>>
When you're capable of having a nuanced opinion of their albums.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.