[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Avey Tare = John Lennon >Panda Bear = Paul McCartney >Deakin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: AnCo1_1200-1200x720.jpg (268 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
AnCo1_1200-1200x720.jpg
268 KB, 1200x720
>Avey Tare = John Lennon
>Panda Bear = Paul McCartney
>Deakin = George Harrison
>Geologist = Ringo Starr

Bonus:
>Doctess = Yoko Ono
>Rusty Santos = George Martin
>Eric Copeland = Pete Best (long shot, I know)

Am I right?
>>
holy shit I was just going to make this thread
I feel like Panda Bear is more of a John Lennon though and Avey is Paul
>>
>>64105629
Someone must have beat them up pretty bad.
>>
>>64105700
Nah, Avey is definitely more theatrical and experimental. Paul was the more pop oriented artist and though Panda does experiment, he doesn't go as far out there as Avey does sometimes.

I genuinely feel AnCo is our generations Beatles. They don't have the "Beatlemania" thing going for them, but the parallels are there for sure. And due to Sleep Cycle i would definitely agree Deakin is George Harrison. Footy's vocal styling really reminds me of a George Harrison song for some reason.
>>
>>64105700
That's eerie.

>I feel like Panda Bear is more of a John Lennon though and Avey is Paul
That's the big question, isn't it?
>>
OP here, I know that Rusty Santos only have offically produced one album but he have been working with AnCo behind the scenes and helping them with recording, producing, mixing etc since the start so that's why I put him there as George Best (the 5th beatle) if you wonder. Most recently he helped Deaking with Sleep Cycle. On Sung Tongs I would go as far as to say he's a member of the band. If you dig Sung Tongs, you would want to listen to his albums. Underrated artist for sure.
>>
poor geologist
has anybody heard his solo stuff?
it's shit.
>>
>>64105848
*I meant George Martin
>>
>>64105871
Some AnCo filler tracks on various EPs and 12's are his solo work. Yeah, it's pretty boring.
>>
>>64105874
I believe you. He also mixed person pitch. And remastered their first 2 albums. I wish he was involved with mpp. Sad that they dont really work with him anymote, i guess it made sense when they were working on folk influenced stuff
>>
>>64105967
>Sad that they dont really work with him anymote
Well, he did help Deakin with Sleep Cycle so he's still involved with AnCo I would say.
>>
>>64105871
Uhhh what the fuck are you talking about? Stretching Songs for Spring was great. So was the music he did for the Coral documentary or video whatever it was. I forget.

http://www.coralmorphologic.com/film/

I can see it being "shit" if you aren't into ambient...but it certainly isn't shit by any means. The guy is actually very talented at what he does. Plus, he's literally the backbone for like 50% of Animal Collective's sound.
>>
>>64106172
I don't know, I listened to some stuff on spotify, I'm not sure if it was actually him. What I heard was pretty crappy though, it was like sung tongs anco minus the experimentation, electronic effects, and good stuff in general.
>>
>>64106243
That definitely wasn't him then, he was the electronic effects on Sung Tongs and if it had vocals he can't sing
Maybe you were listening to Avey Tare's Pullhair Rubeye?
>>
There is no Ringo. Deak and Geo are both vital to the band, Geo more so for their modern albums. You're only saying Geo is ringo because he hasn't released a solo album and you probably haven't heard Stretching Songs for Spring, a month ago you would have said Deak = Ringo.
>>
>>64105700
>>64105629
>mfw I was thinking about this same thing on my drive to work and was going to make a thread before I saw this
>>
>>64106243
thats some other random artist using the same name
>spotify
>>
>>64105700
john made a shitty album with his wife
avey made a shitty album with his wife
>>
>>64106342
pullhair rubeye reversed is GOAT
>>64106277
sung tongs is only avey and panda, they both can do samples yknow
>>
>>64106359
Nah, Geo was on Sung Tongs since I'm pretty sure he's been on every one since Danse (if you count him recording Campfire Songs.) Also Deak was on it too.
>>
>>64106243
this is what I found. Relistening to it, it doesn't sound like sung tongs at all, I actually have no idea what it is. It actually sounds ok, and it's mildly interesting. It's lo-fi and there's a lot of reverb and like a honky-tonk piano with acoustic guitar and stuff.
The voice sounds like somebody absolutely straining his voice to sing. idk what Geo's voice sounds like.
>>
>>64106441
Geo can't sing, so I doubt it's actually him. Interested in a link though.
>>
>>64106441
>>64106277
holy shit now I'm listening to an absolutely butchered version of John Lennon's Imagine

>>64106325
It's connected to their profiles for some reason though.
>>
>>64106493
hwat le fug ::-DDD
looks like spotify fucked up
>>
>>64106471
I found it on iTunes, you can listen to the previews
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sing-les/id533286233
>>
>>64106404
you're wrong on both accounts
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1362x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1362x700
>>
>>64106549
I know for a fact Deak was at least on the Sung Tongs tour m8, why wouldn't he have been on the album
>>
It's funny how Animal "Collective" has only worked collectively for four of their 10 or so albums.
>>
>>64106613
he wasn't, though, at least not all of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-ovtyXp9A
>>
>>64106295
Well I had to pick someone as Ringo didn't I?
>>
>>64106060
Yah i get you but he didnt work on painting with or past anco albums for about 6 years
>>
>>64106342
>avey made a shitty album with his wife
Are you tripping mate? Pullhair Rubeye is awesome (the real version, not the pitched up, reversed, weird one). Doctess/Kria Brekkan was great on both Feels and Pullhair.
>>
>>64106680
The show I was thinking of was in 2004, closer to the release of the album. That being said, it seems like you're closer to being right than me, because I just looked at my copy of Sung Tongs and it says "Some tongs were written and sung by Avey Tare and Panda Bear." So at the very least neither Deak nor Geo were credited even though the "some" leaves it a bit open.
>>64106790
Both versions are good m8
>>
>>64106404
>>64106613

On the Sung Tongs album it was only Panda and Avey with help from Rusty Santos. No Geo, no Deak.
>>
>>64106803
when animal collective were releasing albums yearly they always played new material at their shows. in 2004 they would have probably been playing feels stuff. it's pretty well documented that geo and deak left after hcti.
>>
>>64106614
Eh, that's why it's a collective and not a band? Even if there's only two members on an album it's still get released as an AnCo album.
>>
>>64106862
I was talking about this show which only had songs from that album or earlier and very obviously includes Deak
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EukueEjfPnk
Also I thought that at some point they had said Geo had been on all albums since Danse but I guess I'm wrong
>>
>>64106931
>Also I thought that at some point they had said Geo had been on all albums since Danse but I guess I'm wrong

Geo has been on all except STVSTG and Sung Tongs.
>>
>>64105629
What about the asian dude that Panda had JANE with?
>>
>>64107015
Didn't Paul had an electronic/experimental project with another dude? Firemen, I think
>>
>>64106493
There could be more than one artist named Geologist. But he hasn't released any solo material mate. Not officially anyway. Aside from stuff posted in this thread.

>>64106614
>this pleb doesn't understand how a collective works
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.