[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: death grips.png (33 KB, 464x390) Image search: [Google]
death grips.png
33 KB, 464x390
Find a flaw.
>>
most are too low desu
>>
>>64100740
G O O N M O O N
>>
>>64100740
church gone wild is so fucking good
>>
All of them are above 1/10.
>>
File: ladies_they_mean_us.jpg (155 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
ladies_they_mean_us.jpg
155 KB, 900x900
>>64100740
Ladies - They Mean Us is tied for lowest rating - that album is fucking boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILqqsEAkzg
>>
>>64100740

There isn't, Zach Hill isn't that great of a composer, he's a great guest tho.
>>
>>64102182
Please never stop shitting up these memerap threads
>>
>>64100740

>Exmilitary ranked as best DG album

COME ON...
>>
File: look-mom-copy.jpg (156 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
look-mom-copy.jpg
156 KB, 500x362
>>64102182
Filtered
>>
>>64100740
NLDW and NOTM are DG's best albums
>>
>implying anything Zach Hill has done is above a 5/10
>>
>>64102877
once again, find a flaw
>>
>>64102954
Interview 2016 is DG's best work imo
>>
>>64103052
It's definitely some of the best instrumental work they've done. Only a sample of what's to come for Bottomless Pit.
>>
>>64100740
notm should be the best of death grips, certainly not jenny death
other than that I don't gib le fuck because his degree of enjoyment of them is not interesting to me in the slightest
>>
File: Death Grips.jpg (115 KB, 722x498) Image search: [Google]
Death Grips.jpg
115 KB, 722x498
>>64100740
>tfw he's given dg's albums the same score as you
>>
>>64103295
except he gave exmilitary a 7 where you gave it a 6 because obviously your taste is more prescribed and discerning than Scaruffi
>>
>>64100740
hes actually right desu

church gone wild is so good
>>
>>64103337
obviously
>>
Aside from the obvious, Government Plates > NLDW is objectively incorrect. There is not one single thing GP does better than NLDW.
>>
NLDW is their best IMO, but *objectively* I would say their best is TPTB. Exmilitary really isn't very good. Besides TMS it's easily their poppiest and most unoriginal album.
>>
>>64103358
NOT lol

you just cant in2 X milli
>>
>>64103455
Exmilitary is better because it uses real instruments

its also a more concise idea
>>
>>64103455
>NLDW is their best
Pretty much yes, people here always try to say:
>Exmilitary is the best one because it sounds more like an old school, normal hip-hop record and is the least robotic
>TM$ is their best one because it sounds pretty modern and innovative
>Niggas on the Moon is the best one because it sounds aggressive, emotions are raw, good lyrics etc.
But I think that NLDW has actually the best lyrics, it's a good record, I like the minimalist sound.
>>64103555
So does NLDW, unlike TM$ it doesn't use Ableton.
>>
>>64103682
NLDW is an electronic album by a large margin

they don't use any acoustic sounds except for the drums

spread eagle across the block is a track that uses actual instruments, thats the anthem bud
>>
>>64103370
Actually I agree with Linguini on that one, outside the first two tracks NLDW is incredibly overrated compared to their other albums
>>
>>64103682
I like death grips more then scaruffi though so i rate everything higher
>>
>>64103295
who's a better artist in the genre you would rate higher than death grip's
>>
>>64100740

They're rated too highly.
>>
>>64104076
kanye
>>
>>64104125
so then you just prefer pop hip hop and its aesthetics to industrial harder rap
>>
>>64104175

Why would you imply that?
>>
>>64104175
i was j/k ing, i don't like rap or hip hop that much in general
>>
>>64104198
kanye is objectively better then DG's is your implication then

i would say that because i prefer the original hardcore industrial style of DG because i enjoy the aggression as opposed to the Kanye's R&B vibes

i just prefer the aesthetic, its atmosphere and the mood of the music more and i relate to it more

however, MBDTF and TLOP stand up against alot of DG's work imo

i dont think any of kanye's work can "top" NLDW per se
>>
>Seim's Chirpin Hard adds a videogame quality to deconstruct the new wave and prog-rock references. By comparison with the superhuman forces unleashed by Hill's disc, Seim's album is laid-back. Instrumental highlights include the pulsing voodoobilly of Gold Mine Gold Yours with surf-horror overtones (the Fleshtones on steroids); the minimalist tirade of Try Dis; the cubistic space ballet Mind Over Butter; and the closer Chirpin Hard with its few minutes of bouncing booming techno artillery (the rest of the piece is bonus filler). If these were two separate albums, Hill's would rank as one of the decade's masterpieces.

Chirpin Hard btfo
>>
>>64104309

I wasn't even the same poster m8, I just tought that you implied a lot out of a simple response, considering you never asked about aesthetics or atmosphere.

I don't even like either DG or Kanye btw
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.