[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which city has the best music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1451177689898.png (237 KB, 461x468) Image search: [Google]
1451177689898.png
237 KB, 461x468
Which city has the best music?
>>
Oak land
>>
>>64088587
New York City.
>>
brazil
>>
New York
>>
>>64088587

Best Single Genre?

New Orleans
>>
Historically:
New York
London
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Chicago
>>
File: pepe cool.png (58 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
pepe cool.png
58 KB, 195x195
>>64088711
>tfw your city invented jazz
>>
>>64088587
LA by far

NY lost the edge during the 80s

even their hip hop went down with few FEW exceptions
>>
>>64088711
>>64088778
New Orleans hasn't been good since katrina. But it probably has the best legacy of any city in the 20th century

I need to go back, I lived there until college
>>
>>64088914
its terrible here dont come back
>>
Sacramento
>>
>>64088914
>>64088935
Don't listen to him we need your tourist money
>>
>>64088935
Says who, I'm not that old, I left in 2014

The crime will always be awful but it's still the most fun city in the country, and there is an ok underground electronic scene with AF the Naysayer
>>
>>64088587
>always hear Austin had an amazing music scene
>eventually have to move there for work
>best friend moves their to work for blizzard at the same time
>overly hyped to check out all the music together
>I'm a trap house dj
>it's a mix of folk and jazz improb
>want to play d&d after the show?
>check out this sampler, and take 5 copies for your friends, its no problem
>no pls take them all of them I can't get rid of them
>outside of the big festivals, no bands tour there
>most places kick you out for burning a j during the show
>live music capital of the world

thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>64089497
This dude I work for has an artist he manages over there atm, and he spent like an hour telling me how good Austin is for music. He's also a Jazz musician, but I'm pretty inclined to believe him - especially for session musicians/working musicians. I want to move to Japan and play music there, they pay for music and the shows are like 7 act bills sometimes with fucking catering/decor/design. Crazy.
>>
Washington dc
>>
Littleroot town.
>>
Vienna of course
>>
>>64088587
Baltimore
NYC
Montreal
Portland
Seattle

apparently Mexico City is up and coming. Very cheap to live there, and has a growing liberal arts crowd of young hipsters
>>
LONDON RUDEBOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
>>
File: 1402753860931.jpg (8 KB, 272x252) Image search: [Google]
1402753860931.jpg
8 KB, 272x252
Vienna, you plebs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.