[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite live album, /mu/? And how do you feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: double heads.jpg (30 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
double heads.jpg
30 KB, 400x399
What's your favorite live album, /mu/? And how do you feel about how they fare against studio recordings?
>>
File: front.jpg (219 KB, 1584x1600) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
219 KB, 1584x1600
speaks for itself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwq5aGw_O4

/thread
>>
>>64086995
Anon, I still think 77 live is better even if the sound quality is worse.

There's just more energy to the songs.
>>
>>64087137

I agree on the first show, but 2 and 3 are both amazing.
>>
File: 6dbce3ae.jpg (37 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
6dbce3ae.jpg
37 KB, 658x658
>>64087137
Les Rallize Denudes are the poor nips version of white light white heat, nothing will top that album it pretty much defined noise rock
>>
>>64087180
Shut the fuck up for christ's sake. Everyone knows about White Light/White Heat. You don't have to keep reminding us. We all listened to it before listening to LRD and know its importance.

Just because they weren't the first doesn't mean I can't like their music.
>>
>>64087180

It's more like Metal Machine Music, honestly.
>>
>>64087240
their music is a cheap imitation, bitch
>>
>>64087277

Not really. The drum and bass are much more controlled and hypnotic, and the guitar playing is much slower because the feedback is used as an extension of the guitar itself instead of something that was just there.

WL/WH presented a lot of new ideas, but Rallizes definitely gave it their own identity. The atmosphere is much more solemn and oppressive, while WL/WH is morbidly humorous.
>>
>>64087277
Like, what do yo even get out of posting this?

Do you honestly think you are telling anyone anything when you bring up one of the most influential albums of all time?

>their music is a cheap imitation
Yeah so is every artist that ever fucking listened to any of the first three VU albums, but sometimes I want to listen to music that wasn't spurred by a Lou Reed-John Cale rivalry, okay?

Your attitude is the precise problem with /mu/.
>>
>>64087177
I have both double heads and the 77 so I listen to them regularly.
>>
>>64087520

Do you go one show at a time or all three in one sitting?

Also, try and get a Rivista Archives box if you can. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>64087670
When I can, I do one show at a time but If I'm not feeling listening to cacophonous noise rock for upwards of 90 minutes, I'll just pick a few of my favorites. Like I just find Ice Fire on 77 so fucking good, I could listen to it on repeat but I'm worried its having an adverse effect on my hearing.
>>
>>64087670
also
>Rivista Archives
I can't really justify buying physical copies at the expense.

There is a vinyl copy of Great White Wonder at my local record store though for $80.
>>
Disaster Sources Encyclopedia of Rallizes Vol. 2 is really good, especially the almost 20 minutes long version of White Awakening on disc 9
>>
File: AE_LIVE.jpg (74 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
AE_LIVE.jpg
74 KB, 1000x1000
Does this count?
>>
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.