[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /mu/ RIGHT NOW who genuinely think this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>there are people on /mu/ RIGHT NOW who genuinely think this album is inaccessible
>>
>>64077840
lad
>>
>>64077840
You like 'em?
>>
>mfw friend likes this
>she also checked out his other music

Then again its a matter of not having pleb tastes, but I've introduced people to this music and some have walked away actually liking it. There are different layers and you can appreciate each one, you don't need to fight through them to appreciate it.
>>
>Forcing yourself to like things just to seem patrician

Pretty pleb desu
>>
Yeah, like me!
>>
File: 1458607166016.png (504 KB, 400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1458607166016.png
504 KB, 400x1400
>>64077866
>>
>>64077910

He thinks you decide your feelings instead of being both what is influenced and the influencer! Ha!
>>
File: 1350447531476.png (333 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1350447531476.png
333 KB, 579x527
>>64077910
>implying anyone said anything about forcing yourself to like something
>>
>>64077941
/mu/ in a nutshell
>>
>>64077811
The things that make it inaccessible are literally the things Vliet was going for,
I wish I could hear this album for the first time again. He's trying to be "out there" and off-putting.
I've heard it enough times to get used to it, and that means I'm missing so much of the meaning.
>>
Well, it's not the easiest of albums to listen to, but I like it. Beginners should start with Safe As Milk, and The Legendary A&M Sessions, though.
>>
>>64077910
>I don't get it, therefore people must be forcing themselves to like it!
>>
>>64078165
Strictly Personal would be a great introduction if it wasn't for the awful production.
>>
>there are people on this board right now that are so deluded by their insular community on /mu/ that they forget how truly inaccessible even their most accessible favorites are to common Top 40 plebs
>>
>>64077811
my qt gf likes it, she got it on cd
>>
>>64078914
Please, provide examples, otherwise we will make the assumption that you hold a profound attraction towards male genitalia.
>>
>>64078958
>tried to show pleb sister shit like My Girls
>"hahaha anon turn that off that's too weird haha"
>>
>>64077811
It is to the average person or anyone who's never heard it before.

No one on /mu/ should be a stranger to it.
>>
It's a good album but the publicity it receives is confusing. There was a lot of music being released in that era that were obvious footprints of TMR. It's interesting to me because Don retained his blues roots while still being enchanted by the avant-garde jazz movements of the late 50s to early 60s.
>>
>>64078958
almost everyone i've shown mac demarco too thinks it's too weird. you should spend more time with normies.
>>
everyone sing along with me

>(incoherent jumble of various instruments)
MY SMILE IS STUCK
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.