[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>The first impression with Bjork's music is always of something terribly trivial, obnoxious and, ultimately, boring. Just like the Beatles before her, she has made trivial pop music enhanced with studio wizardry. It's the studio wizardry, not the music, that people buy. And the tv-friendly image, of course. We must admit she has been very good at absorbing and recycling styles and techniques of modern music in order to impose her personality. If we wanted to analyze Bjork’s career, Madonna could indeed be taken as a model. In fact, Bjork’s strategy (rather than her sound) is the same as Madonna’s. If Madonna is the symbol of alternative, provocation, affront, in a word the punk aesthetics, then Bjork is the symbol of mainstream, alignment, compliance, in a word the return to middle-class values after the punk movement. Bjork does not upset the public, she entertrains it. Anybody who thinks Bjork is a genius should try to listen at least to Solex. Let your ears, not publicity, judge.
>>
hes absolutely right about bjork
inb4 waifufags on suicide watch
>>
>>64077508
>Anybody who thinks Bjork is a genius should try to listen at least to Solex. Let your ears, not publicity, judge

My ears say Solex sucks and Bjork is way better.
>>
>>64077508
>"It's the studio wizardry, not the music, that people buy."
Why shouldn't the "studio wizardry" be considered a creative factor to the making of music? The ends justifies the means. Why shouldn't this fucking "studio wizardry" count?
>>
no
idm+flashy pop singing is the best sound
>>
old italian pedophile has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to music post-1990. what a shocker

guy gave significant other 7/10 and korn's s/t 7.5/10. /mu/ still thinks his opinion is worth shit.
>>
>>64077615
korn and limp bizkit are undoubtedly patrician
>>
bjork is waifufaged in this board as much as other female artists. People saying i want to fuck her, i want to cum in her face, keep posting pics of her etc
Yet they think they are not waifufags, they feel better than the rest, but this only makes them worse.
>>
>>64077642
Only Korn's first, the rest is trash. Limp Bizkit never did something good.
>>
>The first impression with Bjork's music is always of something terribly trivial, obnoxious and, ultimately, boring.
this is subjective
>she has made trivial pop music enhanced with studio wizardry.
this is true
>It's the studio wizardry, not the music, that people buy.
this isn't necessarily true, some people just like pop music
>We must admit she has been very good at absorbing and recycling styles and techniques of modern music in order to impose her personality.
this is true
>If we wanted to analyze Bjork’s career, Madonna could indeed be taken as a model. In fact, Bjork’s strategy (rather than her sound) is the same as Madonna’s. If Madonna is the symbol of alternative, provocation, affront, in a word the punk aesthetics, then Bjork is the symbol of mainstream, alignment, compliance, in a word the return to middle-class values after the punk movement.
i don't see this at all but then i'm not really an expert on Madonna so i guess it could be true
>Bjork does not upset the public, she entertrains it.
this is obviously true

given that i agree with most of this and i'm a huge bjork fan, my conclusion is that he hasn't done a great job of actually critiquing her, assuming that was his goal, but he is pretty much right
>>
File: 1441668495747.png (23 KB, 437x219) Image search: [Google]
1441668495747.png
23 KB, 437x219
>>64077689
bjork is incredibly overrated in this board
>>
>>64077599

Studio wizardry is just superficial. I'm sure you've had an occassion when you were first impressed by a song because of the way it sounded, but then after a while you get bored of it easily because you've realized the actual music behind the production value sucks. Composition is always more important and memorable than studio wizardry.
>>
>>64077792
I don't think that's a very convincing argument
>>
>>64077792
>"I'm sure you've had an occassion when you were first impressed by a song because of the way it sounded, but then after a while you get bored of it easily because you've realized the actual music behind the production value sucks"
Not really, no
>>
A person that makes a living from critiquing and judging the hard work of others.

I have more respect for maggots.
>>
I don't understand Scarruffi at all.

I generally really enjoy most of his highest rated albums, but then he goes ahead and says stupid shit like this, along with The Beatles pasta. It honestly just makes it clear that he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about most of the time.

>>64077650
That shouldn't discredit her as an artist. Any attractive person is going to have people waifuing over them, doesn't mean the praise for the music itself is legitimate. I've seen this same argument leveled against Joanna Newsom and it's still just as dumb.
>>
>>64078177
*isn't legitimate
>>
>>64077792
>I'm sure you liked the sway something sounded but then realized you didn't like the way it sounded

what
>>
i listened to solex and i find bjork x10000 better.
>>
Id rather replace a colostomy bag then take advice from this guy
>>
>>64078084
but he doesn't make his living off of this at all lol
>>
>>64078177
i don't think anything has been made clear
>>
>>64077508
He's never been wrong.
>>
>>64078084
Why don't you make and maintain an archive of rock music if it's so easy?

Anyways, it's just a hobby for him.
>>
>>64078220

You seriously don't understand the difference between the actual composition of a song and the way it's produced?
>>
Why do you people worship this idiot and not Lester bangs
>>
My only problem with Bjork is that she has no vocal diversity, all her songs are singed with the same exact vocal monotony and then probably lets out a scream to make contrast.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.