[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that this was the last good Radiohead album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: amnesiac.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
amnesiac.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
When did you realize that this was the last good Radiohead album?
>>
King of Limbs is great, fuck you.
>>
>>64072126
kys my man. that's my favorite album though
>>
>>64072126
since it came out
>>
>>64072126
IR is better than amnesiac
Kid A>OKC>IR>Amnesiac>everything else
>>
>what is in rainbows
>>
>>64072126
Huh I guess you haven't heard any of the albums that came after it then
>>
haven't you heard In Rainbows?
>>
>>64072169
>>64072205
>In Rainbows
>not an album compromised for being festooned with U2 and Coldplay-like arena rock and sub-standard pop songs

holy fuck, when did /mu/ get so pleb? this place is no better than /r/music
IR has only like 3 good songs, the rest is horseshit filler. TKoL is even worse. Fuck you you underage shitters I hope you guys get impaled.
>>
>>64072126
HTTT has the most replay value of their catalog. Accept it.
>>
File: 1460738201256.png (389 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1460738201256.png
389 KB, 431x450
>>64072279
>>
>>64072279
Bad bait my man
>>
>>64072279
I've had my keks for the day
>>
>>64072305
I do, anon. I do.
>>
I would argue In Rainbows is THE shit.

Such a great. The Yorke entrusted upon glorious Jonny a slop called The King of Limbs.

& it was bad
>>
>>64072305
That's not the correct spelling of In Rainbows my friend
>>
>>64072527
great songs:
2+2=5
Sit down Stand up
Sail to the Moon
Where I End and You Begin
We Suck Young Blood
There There
Wolf at the Door

good songs:
Backdrifts
Go to Sleep
I Will
Punchup at a Wedding
Myxomatosis

okay songs:
The Gloaming
Scatterbrain

And to cap it off it falls right in the centre of their aesthetic, balancing the piano balladry and electronic experimentation of Kid A/Amnesiac with the melodic guitar pop of OK Computer and In Rainbows. It's just about the best approximation of the "Radiohead sound".
>>
Kid A > In Rainbows > Ok Computer > Amnesiac > The Bends > The King Of Limbs > Hail To The Thief > Pablo Honey

Yes, In Rainbows must be their most accesible album in years but you can´t deny it was very well crafted, full of texture and you can say every member of the band where there doing their best, not just Thom being selfish.
>>
>>64072615

HTTT sounds like a parody of themselves, too edgy and too serious, thom´s vocals on most of the songs were cringeworthy
>>
>when did you realise radiohead didn't release even one good album?
>>
>>64072668
It sounds like Radiohead, if that's what you mean. That's what I was getting at. I don't know you can level the charge of over-seriousness at HTTT but not Kid A too.
>>
>>64072716

Kid A is not an edgy album, is pure experimentation and alienation, but it felt natural in the end. HTTT was rushed as fuck and they were never happy with the mixing and mastering, and you can tell it.

I agree you can lend the album to a newbie and tell that´s how Radiohead sounds in general, but that´s a bad idea if you want someone to get into Radiohead.
>>
>>64072305
More like the least replay value. Great opening and ending couple of tracks but the middle sucks.
>>
>>64072895
this

It should have been trimmed down to 10-11 tracks
>>
>>64072776
>HTTT was rushed as fuck and they were never happy with the mixing and mastering
They weren't happy with the amount of songs they had on the record and thought they rushed the track listing process. Mixing and mastering was never a concern. Thom posted an alternative tracklist on his blog, it opens with There There.
>>
>>64072895
>but the middle sucks
Which parts in particular?
>>
>>64072960
Sail to the Moon is pretty ok but kind of a drag after the first two songs
Likewise with Backdrifts
We Suck Young Blood
The Gloaming
A Punch Up at the Wedding
Scatterbrain
>>
>>64073184
>Sail to the Moon is pretty ok but kind of a drag after the first two songs
I mean, the first two songs explode into highly loud, fast and intense endings. Sail to the Moon comes in, like the inverse of Electioneering, to bring some balance to the pace of the record.
>>
>>64073233
I understand that but I just don't think it was effective in the way that National Anthem -> How to Dissapear was effective.
>>
>>64072615

>We Suck Young Blood
>Great

Kek, but HTTT is objectively their best, most consistent album.
>>
>>64074148
>most consistent
>not OKC
Call it pleb tier all you want but it's pleb tier BECAUSE it's so damn consistent.
>>
>>64074148
It's basically Yorke does Mingus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9BqdhhFUsc
It's a sort of drunken New Orleans death dirge with moments of depressed, timid wistfulness. Love it.
>>
>disliking King of Limbs
>fucking CURRENT YEAR

This meme really has to die.
>>
>>64074826
TKoL would have been better as an EP of three songs.
>>
>>64074826
reminder that anyone who thinks its their worst album you're a pleb
>>
when will the "radiohead is bad" meme die?

everything they have put out is quality
>>
Is there a better pleb filter than when someone says In Rainbows isn't Radiohead's best album?
>>
>>64076201

When someone says In Rainbows is Radiohead's best album.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.